Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (23 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
The ref gave an advantage, the rules has changed, you give an advantage you forget about booking.

That was undeserved card, but I'm proud of this boy.
:lol: not on this planet mate, if you give advantage but teh challenge was reckless and a booking then you can easily book the player once the move has finished.

but if this was teh case you could break Ibra's leg but make sure cambiasso has a shot on goal so you don't get a red card? i like it

Buy on AliExpress.com

David01

Aug 20, 2006
he played really well
I can understand why the ref gave him red for what seemed to be a vicious tackle although replays showed he played the ball
not too smart tough to put up a tackle like that when you are already booked

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Yeah like I said, I think it could have gone both ways, I don't like the ref for being whistle friendly the entire game and certainly Chiellini's tackle looked pretty clean on replay, he did get the ball.

But again, he has to be aware of the ref and his whistling throughout the game. Certainly with this specific ref, it was clear that no touching was aloud.

He should have been more careful especially when tackling in midfield, no need to risk it.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
:lol: not on this planet mate, if you give advantage but teh challenge was reckless and a booking then you can easily book the player once the move has finished.

but if this was teh case you could break Ibra's leg but make sure cambiasso has a shot on goal so you don't get a red card? i like it
I thought the UEFA rules was modified?

Marchisio, Ale and Molinaro committed harsh fouls when Chelsea were on the counter the ref was giving advantages to Chelsea without a single yellow card handed to any of them.

Not to mention that their fouls was much more harsh than Giorgio's one.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
the problem with going in from behind is that the rerfs perspective could say otherwise, personally I hope we appeal with video evidence so he doesn't have to carry the card to next season.

Having said that Chiellini was bullied by Drogba for the majority of the 2 legs, he lost the physical battle for sure.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Oh, that's really annoying now. But I suppose if they did appeal second yellows they would be up to their necks in appeals, so I guess it makes sense.

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
This kid made me pissed off last night that much, that I'm still pissed off. And that wasn't his first stupidity in last couple of years. Somebody said that he was proud of him last night. What is there to be proud of? For being temperamental like teenage dick? He isn't playing for Fiorentina or club like that. So I have to say that Secco was right when he wanted to sell him.
Also, I'm sick and tired of Molinaro and his awful passes.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
This kid made me pissed off last night that much, that I'm still pissed off. And that wasn't his first stupidity in last couple of years. Somebody said that he was proud of him last night. What is there to be proud of? For being temperamental like teenage dick? He isn't playing for Fiorentina or club like that. So I have to say that Secco was right when he wanted to sell him.
You are kidding, right??? :D

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I thought the UEFA rules was modified?

Marchisio, Ale and Molinaro committed harsh fouls when Chelsea were on the counter the ref was giving advantages to Chelsea without a single yellow card handed to any of them.

Not to mention that their fouls was much more harsh than Giorgio's one.
no, just an erratic ref mate. if you commit an offense and it is deemed card-worthy then the ref should always look to play the advantage and then go back and book the player later, trust me it is a bone of contention of mine almost every week when watching hearts that the ref stops play far too often to book players and rarely plays the advantage

It was from behind, but he went round Drogba to reach the ball.

It wasn't like he clattered straight through the back of him.
when you are on a booking it was a silly challenge, sure he didn't go through him but as he came in from behind it is forcing the ref to make a decision,unfortunately for us taht decision was that it merited a second yellow

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
:lol2:

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Chiellini is a tough quality defender but he's no baresi or Beckenbauer !! Defenders like Giorgio needs time to develop in their position (Plus he just started playing in he's current position the past 2 seasons).

But selling him is definately would've been a dump move (thank god in never happened)....

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Cut the kid some slack. Last weekend he gave us a lifeline & last night he made a mistake. He is temperamental & rush at times. I hope he learns from this & I applaud him for not creating a scene when he got his marching orders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)