Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (41 Viewers)

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
Chiellini who also underwent tests was diagnosed with having suffered an inflammatory swell to the region below the left femoral biceps. Recovery and return to the field will take around 15 to 20 days and therefore Giorgio should be available for the first leg of the match against Chelsea valid for the last sixteen of the Champions League.

juventus.com
Rome, here we come.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
and get injured again?.... give this guy a break and rest him until he is really at 100%
If Chiellini doesn't play at the Bridge, we will get hammered, have u seen our defense lately without him? Its atrocious. I will be overjoyed if he does indeed get the nod in this game, cuz then we will win, simple as that :)

mondo1

May 14, 2006
If Chiellini doesn't play at the Bridge, we will get hammered, have u seen our defense lately without him? Its atrocious. I will be overjoyed if he does indeed get the nod in this game, cuz then we will win, simple as that :)
in fact our defense was even a joke with him latley :D

i know what u mean but i want him to be fit and play maybe only the 2nd game against chelsea.... better than getting injured again and be out for the season or so... it's his 3rd injury this season or not?....

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
See when Chiellini went in for a challenge with Alex and they burst the ball?

I've only ever seen that once before and that was a challenge between Ian Wright and Peter Schmeichel.

OP
Cuti

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
  • Thread Starter #2,195
    I think it had happened in a Real Juve match a few seasons back, Roberto Carlos shot Zambrotta was sliding in from infront, and the ball was damaged

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    No.

He was very bad in possession.

He was very good in defence.
    Very good in defense? Then I don't think we were watching the same game.

The first goal was 50% his fault the other was Legro. Everyone was playing the offside trap except him, he stood there taking a relaxing walk instead of getting out of our zone.

He almost did a Burdisso there by elbowing Drogba and costing the team a penalty, whether it was a penalty or not, that was a dangerous idiotic play.

He was out-runned by Kalou several times and it was obvious in the first half. Check the first 15min.

If you saw a good Chiellini in defense then I'm really questioning your way of reading a game. Sorry but that's just too much to say he was very good in defense.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Don't forget that it's only his second game after the injury. And as you have mentioned several times already, playing two games in Torino before the return is healthy.
    100%... I'm convinced it will help him and I'm positive we will block them defensively in Turin.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Very good in defense? Then I don't think we were watching the same game.

The first goal was 50% his fault the other was Legro. Everyone was playing the offside trap except him, he stood there taking a relaxing walk instead of getting out of our zone.

He almost did a Burdisso there by elbowing Drogba and costing the team a penalty, whether it was a penalty or not, that was a dangerous idiotic play.

He was out-runned by Kalou several times and it was obvious in the first half. Check the first 15min.

If you saw a good Chiellini in defense then I'm really questioning your way of reading a game. Sorry but that's just too much to say he was very good in defense.
    I'm not sure that Chiellini was meant to be marking Drogba for the goal, but I'll need to see it again.

There was nothing wrong with his challenge on Drogba. It was never a penalty.

He struggled against Kalou one or twice, but that was only when he had to try and cover for Molinaro.

Chiellini did extremely well to keep Drogba so quiet in the game and he also managed to cover for other players mistakes a few times.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I'm not sure that Chiellini was meant to be marking Drogba for the goal, but I'll need to see it again.

There was nothing wrong with his challenge on Drogba. It was never a penalty.

He struggled against Kalou one or twice, but that was only when he had to try and cover for Molinaro.

Chiellini did extremely well to keep Drogba so quiet in the game and he also managed to cover for other players mistakes a few times.
    Oh man.... again

Chiellini wasn't marking Drogba when he scored, he was simply inside when Kalou assisted Drogba which lead to the goal. He takes the blame, everyone was off except him he was still inside. Check the goal again please.

What do you mean he had to cover for Molinaro? That's his job man, Molinaro was running his ass of that's Chiellini and Legro or any other CB to cover their flanks at times. He failed and it's not an excuse, seriously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)