Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (21 Viewers)

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
27/04/2008 17:04
Chiellini Delighted With Double
Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini was delighted with his double strike as his side beat Lazio 5-2.

The stopper got the scoring under way as the Bianconeri had the game wrapped up in the first half. Chiellini scored one in the first and one in the second half as the Old Lady keeps on marching towards the Champions League.

“I am delighted with scoring twice, I scored a double last season when we were promoted and today I did it again as we go into the Champions League,” Chiellini told Domenica Stadio.

“It’s a double satisfaction because I think the team and myself deserve to be where we are.

“We are satisfied with the way we played and with the result, this year has been great, we are third and perhaps second place can’t be reached but we will be celebrating an excellent season.

“I want to thank our fans who have been close to us this season and we hope we can give them more to celebrate.”

The Bianconeri are thus mathematically qualified for the Champions League following this afternoon’s stunning performance against a struggling Lazio side who offered little resistance.

Salvatore Landolina

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
8/04/2008 19:12
Chiellini On Calciopoli: I Received No Pressure From Moggi
Giorgio Chiellini has given evidence in the case against former Juventus director Luciano Moggi and the GEA World Agency, and says he never received any pressure to be a client of the company.Chiellini is one of many key witnesses in a trial of six men, including Moggi, accused of conspiring to control transfers by intimidating players into signing for the GEA sports management firm.

"I never suffered pressure to be represented by Gea,” testified Chiellini.

“The fact that my agent is Davide Lippi [son of Marcello] proves that I made the right choice."

Earlier this month former Juventus striker Fabrizio Miccoli claimed that Moggi had marginalised him at the club because he did not take the transfer guru’s son, Alessandro, as his agent.

Other key witnesses who have been called to give evidence in this trial, include England manager Fabio Capello, who was boss of Juve from 2004 to 2006, as well as his now right-hand man Franco Baldini.

Anthony Sormani

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
8/04/2008 19:12
Chiellini On Calciopoli: I Received No Pressure From Moggi
Giorgio Chiellini has given evidence in the case against former Juventus director Luciano Moggi and the GEA World Agency, and says he never received any pressure to be a client of the company.Chiellini is one of many key witnesses in a trial of six men, including Moggi, accused of conspiring to control transfers by intimidating players into signing for the GEA sports management firm.

"I never suffered pressure to be represented by Gea,” testified Chiellini.

“The fact that my agent is Davide Lippi [son of Marcello] proves that I made the right choice."

Earlier this month former Juventus striker Fabrizio Miccoli claimed that Moggi had marginalised him at the club because he did not take the transfer guru’s son, Alessandro, as his agent.

Other key witnesses who have been called to give evidence in this trial, include England manager Fabio Capello, who was boss of Juve from 2004 to 2006, as well as his now right-hand man Franco Baldini.

Anthony Sormani

I also read that article, i hope this Calciopoli 2 bs dies down asap, its starting to annoy me. On another note, great job by Chiellini vs Lazio with his 2 goals, and good job to u reese for the nice pics

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
seeing his exceptional performances, most notably vs Milan at the San Siro and vs. Inter in Turin, he certainly deserved his spot...shut down 2 of the best players in Serie A and the world (Kaka and Ibrahimovic) with such authority...he will definitely become a starter for the Azzurri by the time WC '10 comes along :touchwood:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
25/05/2008 19:31

My Flexibility The Reason I'm Here - Chiellini

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has good hopes of playing an important part in Italy's Euro 2008 campaign.

After several years captaining Italy's Under 21 side, defender Giorgio Chiellini will finally get a chance to play in a major tournament for the senior team. The Juventus man feels he has the chance to play an important part in Roberto Donadoni's Azzurri at Euro 2008.

According to Chiellini, the reason he was called up is his ability to play in more than one role in defence.

"I'm very emotional, the hard work I've done throughout the season has paid off," he said. "Also, I think that switching from full back to center back improved my chances of getting called up."

On his club Juventus, who finished a respectable third this season: "Juve? I want to aim for both the league and the Champions League next season. We will compete on the same level with Inter, Roma, and Milan."

The 23-year-old stands a pretty good chance of starting in defence for Italy considering that both Marco Materazzi haven't been in top form this season. The Azzurri's tournament starts on 9 June against Holland.

Danilo Pochini

GOAL.COM

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Chiellini: "I would rather finish fourth place in one of the competitions as long as we win the other. Coming second is the worst possible scenario, so I'd like to win at least one trophy next season. Ranieri had faith in me and let me play continuously in a role that I now feel to be mine. I feel good playing in the center of defense but I'm ready to play wide again if need be. However, being able to play in different positions is important only if you do it well."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)