Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (27 Viewers)

Geof

May 14, 2004
If we were to get a new defender in June, would you guys move Chiellini back to leftback, sacrifice Legrottaglie or keep faith with the current Legro-Chiello partnership ?
I would move Chiellini to the left, as I feel it's easier to find a good DC than a good wing back. Just look at what we had on the right for the past years...

For 10-15M we can find a top center back, and our defence is all set.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Anyway..........

If we were to get a new defender in June, would you guys move Chiellini back to leftback, sacrifice Legrottaglie or keep faith with the current Legro-Chiello partnership ?

I would have moved for Bale and made him our new LB and made Chiellini a CB.
Too bad Bale will not leave Tottenham on the cheap. Guy is amazing and he's only 18-19.

I think it depedds on the options. I'm sure there 1-2 LB that could be great for us, but if they are unavailable then we must move Giogio back to LB and get another Cb.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
Bale? Whats the obbsesion some folks seem to have with British players? They dont like playing abroad, thats why none of them are, & to expect a 19 year old unproven kid to be good enough to break that tradition is far too much. British players wont come to serie A, less money, less exposure, & to quote Ian Rush (yes I know he's welsh too) "its like a foreign country"

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
because:

1-It is my opinion.
2- It doesn't hurt to dream
3- there is always a 1st for everything.
4- many British players are talented and I it would make sense to risk a move on a talent deemed good for the team.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
because:

1-It is my opinion.
2- It doesn't hurt to dream
3- there is always a 1st for everything.
4- many British players are talented and I it would make sense to risk a move on a talent deemed good for the team.
Fair enough. I just cant see it, but like you say, it doesn't hurt to dream. Fair play to you for sticking to your opinions.:toast:

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
I think it depedds on the options. I'm sure there 1-2 LB that could be great for us, but if they are unavailable then we must move Giogio back to LB and get another Cb.

Juve should move 4 Pasqual (Fiora), great left back (and he all so goes down the flank like Giogio), and than move Chiellini in to midle...:tup:
Sell Boumsong and Andrade, buy Barzagli or Ivanovič...

Grygera---Barzagli/Ivanovič---Chiellini--Pasqual--> great D-fence

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
The reason English players don't go to Serie a is not because they suck but it's because they have no reason to . They will get paid more money in the premier league . they stay in their own country and probably have a bigger chance of being popular with the fans .

It's the same reason Spanish players stay in spain , most of them .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)