Can You See Del Piero In Another Club? (7 Viewers)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
The third game he did ;) And even against France. Remember he was substituted for Baggio in extra time, and Baggio nearly scored that golden goal?

Darin

Sep 8, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DarkSoul ] ++

Darin didn't i ask you to stop that and start actin' like a real Dp Fan :D
i cant help it somebody else started it all over again :D

About Wc2002 The 2 matches were played at the same time so you can't grantee that we will qualify even if we lost.so this is a very important goal
yes the 2 matches were played at the same time n all that but he said that coz of this goal italy got thru 2 the 2nd round which is not true they would've qualified even widout DP scorin that goal

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Darin ] ++
yes the 2 matches were played at the same time n all that but he said that coz of this goal italy got thru 2 the 2nd round which is not true they would've qualified even widout DP scorin that goal
Speechless I am :down:

survivor

Dec 29, 2002
I really like any topics on DP! coz they always brings war between 2 extreme sides:

One with those who only see the dark sides of dp. these ppl tend to have amazing ability to remember every mistakes that dp had made. Bad luck, injuries or human errors can be excuses for other players BUT NEVER for dp. His goals have never been important nor decicive. He is overrated and should leave juve and the nt teams.

On the other end are those who try to remember only dp's good matches. dp is a world class player who missed some opportunities JUST BECAUSE he'd just come back from injury. He's the heart n soul of juve and the savior of the nt team in many matches.

No point for posting this. Just let you guys know that i enjoy it.:D

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
You invited me here to argue about him :p

Abramovic is enquiring about all the best players in the world, except DP. :p

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
You invited me here to argue about him :p

Abramovic is enquiring about all the best players in the world, except DP. :p
He hasn't enquired about Baggio has he? ;):p

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Of course not. Not even I would want him in my team considering his age and all ;)

If it was 5 years ago or before, I`m sure Abramovich would have begged Baggio to join him :D

survivor

Dec 29, 2002
Survivor you obviously are in the 2nd group!

not exactly. I like the man but am not blind not to see that sometimes he is suck, nor am i blind not to see that he did very well in many matches. I can either compliment him or criticize him depending on his performances. No prejudice nor favoritism.

Where and when? Don't mention the game against Mexico.
His goal against Mexico is not important considering that Italy would advance anyway even they lost. But it is, in term of prestige. It's much prestigious to get in the next rouud with at least a tie. Besides, as one of the newspaper in my country had it as a headline after the match " Del Piero saved Italy's face".

Also Italy wouldn't have had any hope left now for the euro 2004 if it hadn't been for dp's gaols against Serbia and Azerbarjan.

C'mon.. I don't think that dp is god and i was so mad at him at the euro 2000 and CL final, he was terrible in both matches, but we have to accept that he had many good matches too. That's all!!!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I don't think anyone here is doubting that he did have good matches, but frankly his bad matches outweigh his good matches.

survivor

Dec 29, 2002
I don't think anyone here is doubting that he did have good matches, but frankly his bad matches outweigh his good matches.
I think otherwise, but admit that he did have many bad matches

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002

I'm not even sure a Roma fan would agree with you on that ..

Anyway, we have had two successful campaigns with Del Piero as captain .. you should give some credit to him .. he scored splendid goals and created many assists .. when playing he also creates spaces for others coming from the back like Nedved or for Trezeguet infront of him ..

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by survivor ] ++

His goal against Mexico is not important considering that Italy would advance anyway even they lost. But it is, in term of prestige. It's much prestigious to get in the next rouud with at least a tie. Besides, as one of the newspaper in my country had it as a headline after the match " Del Piero saved Italy's face".

Also Italy wouldn't have had any hope left now for the euro 2004 if it hadn't been for dp's gaols against Serbia and Azerbarjan.

C'mon.. I don't think that dp is god and i was so mad at him at the euro 2000 and CL final, he was terrible in both matches, but we have to accept that he had many good matches too. That's all!!!
Another thing - Mexico have never beaten Italy but if not for DP's goal they would have :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
You're talking rubbish IMHO.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
So you think his good matches outweigh the bad matches?
Definetly .. Del Piero scored 16 goals despite missing 2 months of the season .. he had important matches against Inter and Milan ..

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Come on, overall he has had more bad games than good ones. Not even Zidane plays more than 1 good game every 3 games on average! DP’s average ratings of just this season prove that he hasn’t had an outstanding season apart from the goals.

Probably the only player this season to have played more good games than bad ones is Vieri. His consistency took an average team like Inter to 2nd place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)