Can You See Del Piero In Another Club? (4 Viewers)

Whisper

May 17, 2003
yeah i TOTTALLY AGREE!! delpiero always screws up in the big moments and by that i mean ALL THE TIME...
u know like in the WC2002 when he scored that goal that just got italy through...or in the CL semi final against madrid when he scored that great goal that was essential to juve's qualifying, oh and in the intercontinental cup when he scored the only goal of the match!! i could go on and on but i'll leave the rest for others!

GOD!! HE'S SUCH A SCREW-UP!
I wish he would just leave.............................!!!!!

Darin

Sep 8, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Whisper ] ++
yeah i TOTTALLY AGREE!! delpiero always screws up in the big moments and by that i mean ALL THE TIME...
u know like in the WC2002 when he scored that goal that just got italy through...or in the CL semi final against madrid when he scored that great goal that was essential to juve's qualifying, oh and in the intercontinental cup when he scored the only goal of the match!! i could go on and on but i'll leave the rest for others!

GOD!! HE'S SUCH A SCREW-UP!
I wish he would just leave.............................!!!!!
bout the WC2002 italy would've qualified even if they had lost that match

as 4 the rest of the points they doesnt mean anythin coz hes never done anythin 4 the NT n he'll never beat baggio in that

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
There's no comparision between Baggio and DP at NT level. When Baggio was given the control of the NT, he single handedly took them to the wc final. When DP was given the same control, he did nothing.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Darin ] ++

bout the WC2002 italy would've qualified even if they had lost that match

as 4 the rest of the points they doesnt mean anythin coz hes never done anythin 4 the NT n he'll never beat baggio in that
Darin didn't i ask you to stop that and start actin' like a real Dp Fan :D

Del Piero is 2 Goals away from Baggio goal record with the National team and he will surpass it.

About Wc2002 The 2 matches were played at the same time so you can't grantee that we will qualify even if we lost.so this is a very important goal.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Sure...

1998 world cup

DP was hailed as the undiscussed leader of the NT, pushing Baggio to the sides. Probably if it wasn't for Baggio, Italy might have been eliminated in the first round, but thanks to his 'invention' against Chile, we saved our asses ;) Can't really remember anything worth mentioning regarding DP's performance in that world cup.

2000 European Championships

DP becomes Santa Claus, and misses chances like no other in the final and most important match. Must say I felt sorry for him after the game, cos everyone obviously pointed fingers at him, and he himself admitted it was all his fault.

2002 World Cup

Not much to blame on DP here, as he hardly played because obviously Vieri and Totti were and still are miles ahead more important for the NT than he is. Apart from his goal against Mexico, I do remember him entering in the 2nd half of the Ecuador match and practically losing every ball that comes into contact with his feet, thus Trap not playing him in the next game.

I could also tell you about his club achievements, but I won't bore you :D

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Sure...

1998 world cup

DP was hailed as the undiscussed leader of the NT, pushing Baggio to the sides. Probably if it wasn't for Baggio, Italy might have been eliminated in the first round, but thanks to his 'invention' against Chile, we saved our asses ;) Can't really remember anything worth mentioning regarding DP's performance in that world cup.
well i agree on all others except this one because Del Piero was still recoverin' from injury and he didn't play regularly as you are tryin' to say.and if you are talkin about a leader then it has been maldini for the last Probably 10 years.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Of course Maldini was the captain and leader, but you know what I meant, that is leader as the star player.

DP didn't play only in the first game, and he played the 2nd half of the 2nd match against Cameroon.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Dont remember if he scored or not (I just remember the final score being 3-0), but yes Maldini was trying to shift the control from Baggio to DP, so he was substituting them together, and from that 2nd half of Cameroon, it was always DP who started the other games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)