Can You See Del Piero In Another Club? (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2002
:LOL: @ lac

zizou and the gang, if del piero is such an arse sucker who are better players then him. considering what you have said someone might thing that del piero is player of the same class as baiocco or morfeo. seriuosly, del piero is captain and leader of one of europe's leading clubs, he is acknowledged world class player. yes, he is not the best and he'll never win european golden boot like baggio did but he is still there among worlds best players. he is overrated and incosistent you say. well then who isn't? totti, zidane (;) zizou), beckham??? who?

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
:LOL: @ lac

zizou and the gang, if del piero is such an arse sucker who are better players then him. considering what you have said someone might thing that del piero is player of the same class as baiocco or morfeo. seriuosly, del piero is captain and leader of one of europe's leading clubs, he is acknowledged world class player. yes, he is not the best and he'll never win european golden boot like baggio did but he is still there among worlds best players. he is overrated and incosistent you say. well then who isn't? totti, zidane (;) zizou), beckham??? who?
i never said that DP a arse sucker but im just saying that DP could be better than he is now :)

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Yeah no one said he's an arse sucker. And we did say he's good and has technical abilities, but he's not world class. :)
Not world class? You say, being the skipper of Juventus, one of the most elite teams in the world, doesnt make you world class. Being the starter forward for the past 5 + years for the Best team in Italy, and one of the best in Europe doesnt make you world class. My friend, if Del Piero isnt world class, then who is? Del Piero is just as world class as Figo, Raul, Becks, Zidane, and Ronaldo. Give me one good reason why he isnt world class? Just cause the friggin NT coach doesnt play him often doesnt make him not 'world class'. Heck the NT coach didnt play one of the most world class players : Baggio. Honestly, even a fan, who hates Italian football, believes DP is world class. HE EMBARASSED THE FRIGGIN REAL MADRID DEFENSE AND GOALIE THIS YEAR IN CL. That makes him EVEN MORE world class.

No seriously i want you to reason for what you said: "Del Piero isnt world class." Because frankly speaking, if he isnt, then there is no such player as a World Class Player.

And if you think ZIZOU is world class (in which i like him very much), but honestly HE SUCKED IN WC2002, dont give me injury bs. All players have their bad tournaments. And if they have a bad tournament you cant call them 'non world class'

And would a company like Adidas, make DP special shoes for fun???? Would they choose him with Becks, Zid, and Kluivert for most of their ads. No my friend, they didnt just randomly pick him out of a hat. THEY KNEW HE WAS WORLD CLASS ENOUGH for the job.

JUST MAKES ME MAD when people critize players, when they have no apparent reason.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
but he's not world class. :)
Del Piero is just an average player: like Corradi, Ventola, and Delvecchio .. he is no where near the 'great' Baggio :rolleyes:

Listen, Del Piero doesn't have to prove anything to you guys .. he scored the goals and won the trophies .. we can go on with this forever .. but the truth remains, Del Piero is world-class .. and because you apparently ran out of excuses and arguments, your just coming up now with stupid comments to get on us ..

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
No apparent reason? He played crap for 3 1/2 seasons, scoring nearly only from penalties.

DP is good, but he's not on the same level of say Raul.

You say, being the skipper of Juventus, one of the most elite teams in the world, doesnt make you world class.
So with your reasoning, Conte is world class cos he was the captain of juve for years ;)

Being the starter forward for the past 5 + years for the Best team in Italy, and one of the best in Europe doesnt make you world class.
In those 5+ seasons, many of which he scored only from penalties ;) His best seasons have been 97/98 and this one that has just passed.

Just cause the friggin NT coach doesnt play him often doesnt make him not 'world class'. Heck the NT coach didnt play one of the most world class players : Baggio.
Well he was closed by Totti who is quite frankly better than DP. Baggio was rightly taken off the NT cos he's too old and Totti is a better player at the moment.

HE EMBARASSED THE FRIGGIN REAL MADRID DEFENSE AND GOALIE THIS YEAR IN CL. That makes him EVEN MORE world class.
Yeah he had a great match against Real, but it doesn't really take much to embarass Hierro ;) Zalayeta embarrassed Barca's defence, so is he world class to?

And if you think ZIZOU is world class (in which i like him very much), but honestly HE SUCKED IN WC2002, dont give me injury bs. All players have their bad tournaments. And if they have a bad tournament you cant call them 'non world class'
Well Zidane only played the last game, so his team mates had already screwed up their chances ;)

And would a company like Adidas, make DP special shoes for fun???? Would they choose him with Becks, Zid, and Kluivert for most of their ads. No my friend, they didnt just randomly pick him out of a hat. THEY KNEW HE WAS WORLD CLASS ENOUGH for the job.
It's more a matter of image. You mean you consider Kluivert world class? Becks is also over rated, but he has an image surrounding him.

JUST MAKES ME MAD when people critize players, when they have no apparent reason.
Why cannot people criticise him? Soccer pundits and journalists criticise him daily.

Alot was expected from him after his first 2 seasons, but apart from 97/98 and part of this season, he hardly lived up to the expectations.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

Del Piero is just an average player: like Corradi, Ventola, and Delvecchio .. he is no where near the 'great' Baggio :rolleyes:

Listen, Del Piero doesn't have to prove anything to you guys .. he scored the goals and won the trophies .. we can go on with this forever .. but the truth remains, Del Piero is world-class .. and because you apparently ran out of excuses and arguments, your just coming up now with stupid comments to get on us ..
Umm I said DP is a good player not an average player like the ones you mentioned.

Overall he is nowhere near Baggio, but currently I'd rather have DP than Baggio cos of the age difference. Baggio is too old and nearly finished.

Tacchinardi won as much as DP, yet people on here do criticise him. So why criticise Tacchinardi and not DP? Why is he immune? Even Baggio sucked at first, especially when he refused to take the penalty against Fiorentina. Zidane had a horrible first part of the season and was utterly crap and deserved all the criticism he received. So why can't DP be criticised?

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
Overall he is nowhere near Baggio
Agree, coz Baggio is way below Del Piero .. and would never dream of winning half the trophies Del Piero won ..

Tacchinardi won as much as DP, yet people on here do criticise him.
Tacchi was a bench player and only started to play regularly in the 2000-01 season ..

Even Baggio sucked at first, especially when he refused to take the penalty against Fiorentina. Zidane had a horrible first part of the season and was utterly crap and deserved all the criticism he received. So why can't DP be criticised?
According to your own words, Del Piero just had a good season .. So, why are you critisizing him now :D ??

I smell hypocrisy :dontcare:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I've always criticised DP or whoever was playing bad. Don't see anything wrong in that.

And saying that DP is overall better than Baggio just cos he won more trophies is ridiculous ;)

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
I've always criticised DP or whoever was playing bad. Don't see anything wrong in that.
Well .. from ur 1000 posts I only see you constantly bashing Del Piero .. is he that bad? Is he worse than Zalayeta? Worse than Baiocco? Worse than Moretti? Worse than Iuliano?

And saying that DP is overall better than Baggio just cos he won more trophies is ridiculous ;)
Great players achieve great things. They are the ones who taste glory. The other players are just there to make the numbers ;)

Ciao !!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Well .. from ur 1000 posts I only see you constantly bashing Del Piero .. is he that bad? Is he worse than Zalayeta? Worse than Baiocco? Worse than Moretti? Worse than Iuliano?
That's cos he's constantly scrutinized. Never said he's worse than Zalayeta or Baiocco, but we never expected much from those 2 anyway.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
didn't i tell you to just shut up Glenn ?? Man admit it you are out of excuses you are not gonna change what is in our mind and we don't need to change what is in your mind.

Del Piero is World Class whether you like it or not it's your own problem.So get a life man.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Huh? Just cos I don't agree with you I have to shut up? Whether DP is world class is subjective to each person. If you can't accept someone else's opinion, then that's sad as we're not in Iraq here.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I must say Zizou is *little* bit harsh on Alex, however, some of it does make sense.;). As a one who folled both Baggio and Alex most of the careers, and love them both, I think I can be quite objective here.

Baggio in his prime was simply the best player in the world by quite distance (Some people might say Romario, but in truth there weren't even a contest). Anyone who followed Baggio in early 90s Juve would know, he often dribbled past 4-5players with ease (One against Udinese stick to my mind), fantastic free-kick taker (His goal against Cremonese was probably the best), amazing provider, and yet scorer of many goals. Name a player who can all this package at once. Not Zizou, not Alex, not Ronaldo, and closest I can name is Raul but not on the same level. Baggio is, IMO, the best player to play in 90s. Had he been on Milan team, I am pretty sure that they would have outrageous "34" games a season.(They had one season when they didn't loose a game beside CL final:howler:).

Alex is not good as Baggio, IMO, but that doesn't mean that he isn't world class player. Raul is probably better, Totti too, and Del Piero may not be the focus of the team anymore with the emergence of the world's best IMO Nedved. However, he has been crucial in every season when we won a trophy be it when he was a young player coming through, or like last year when despite injuries and loss of form towards the end, finished as a top goal scorer, and contributed much to our fine season.

Sep 28, 2002

Umm I said DP is a good player not an average player like the ones you mentioned.

Overall he is nowhere near Baggio, but currently I'd rather have DP than Baggio cos of the age difference. Baggio is too old and nearly finished.

Tacchinardi won as much as DP, yet people on here do criticise him. So why criticise Tacchinardi and not DP? Why is he immune? Even Baggio sucked at first, especially when he refused to take the penalty against Fiorentina. Zidane had a horrible first part of the season and was utterly crap and deserved all the criticism he received. So why can't DP be criticised?
he can be criticesed but you critics are exagerated. yes he did poorly 2 years after injury but but last 2 seasons he is doing not worse than raul. maybe raul is a better player overall but he wasn't injured and dp was. that affects player. raul also has his ups and downs and somethimes he really suckes. like in 01-02 season. i think you just measure del piero and other players by different standarts.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
EXACTLY. See you cant say a player is better or worse by what they won or how many goals they scored. Because according to you thats 'ridiculous'. And about Del Pieros image, you think that came to him as a revelation??? You think the pope said, Del Piero i give an image, that people will love around the world? HELL NO! Del Piero work his ASS off for that image. I mean common man, I have never met a Juve fan, who hates DP like you do. I mean INter and AC fans have more respect for him than you. FOR CHRIST SAKE, hes scored more goals in Europe than ZIDANE can even dream of. Whatever, dude.

I respect your opinion, Ok you dont like him. But just couse you dont like him, doesnt mean you can call him Non world class and an average player. I dont like Ronaldo. But I still know he is one of the best strikers in the world. I HATE HIM. But i still respect the fact that he is better than 99% of the strikers around. ITS A FACT. and it is also a FACT that Del Piero is world class, in fact HONESTLY, one of the best forwards in the world. But if you dont like him OK, but dont friggin make fun of him for no apparent reason.

BIYATCH :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)