Calciopoli or Morattopoli.. inter fake orgasm (43 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Yes, because effectively they can get away with murder (and often have in the past). It doesn't matter what a judge might say, because his jurisdiction is only local anyway.
so if we went ahead with the TAR and won they would have banned Italian clubs and the NT for years for a judgment that clear a club of wrong doings in it's own league and not FIFA/UEFA games? That's big!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
so if we went ahead with the TAR and won they would have banned Italian clubs and the NT for years for a judgment that clear a club of wrong doings in it's own league and not FIFA/UEFA games? That's big!
They would not have cared, no. All FIFA wants is that clubs and leagues do not go to civil judges (or criminal judges for that matter). Which makes sense if you're a deeply corrupted organisation. I'm 100% certain they would have banned Italian clubs and the NT for years.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Yeah, I have no idea if the same rule still apply. As I said before - the timing was perfect. The case needed to be judged by sport trial and not civil. And this was a new rule in 2006.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
So Italy & Europe didn't want to stand up to the individual rather they opted to save face.
They couldn't. As it stands today FIFA are far more powerful than people like to think. There's very little you can do in terms of punishing or overruling them. Which is evidenced by the fact that FIFA completely override domestic tax rules during World Cups by the way.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
They couldn't. As it stands today FIFA are far more powerful than people like to think. There's very little you can do in terms of punishing or overruling them. Which is evidenced by the fact that FIFA completely override domestic tax rules during World Cups by the way.
:agree:

Fuck FIFA btw.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
But they made our dominance even stronger in the long run. :lol:

Didn't they see this coming? We will continue winning for a while and the league is in financial ruin as a result. What the hell were they thinking?
how could anyone know we would be back so soon? unless you can see the future

nah it's reasonable to think that they thought we would have been done for years or decades from that time.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

nah it's reasonable to think that they thought we would have been done for years or decades from that time.
Either way they made it worse for the league and 9 years later better for us in the long run.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

No. The only thing that matters is an adequate fanbase. Teams like Napoli and Fiorentina have struggled for years, wasting away in the lower leagues, but they too have come back. A team like Juventus is so big that it will always rise back to the top.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
No. The only thing that matters is an adequate fanbase. Teams like Napoli and Fiorentina have struggled for years, wasting away in the lower leagues, but they too have come back. A team like Juventus is so big that it will always rise back to the top.
maybe so, but our situation was very abnormal and could not be compared to other normal teams, I think you underestimate the weight and scale of the damage we received.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Thats the bottom.line. Yes, both won CLs on the short run but id bet my ass its their last significant trophy for decades to come.
Exactly. It's going to be a while for them to be competitive in Europe again. I'd say at least 5 years before either actually push for the top spot in Serie A. Twice as long for Europe.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
maybe so, but our situation was very abnormal and could not be compared to other normal teams, I think you underestimate the weight and scale of the damage we received.
:agree:

We clearly were a team in the ascendancy again. With Zlatan coming into his own, we were very likely to make a deep CL run more than once over that 06-11 period. We had a fantastic squad assembled. We got completely fucked over in every way imaginable and are probably 100 mil in revenue per year behind where we would be today without calciopoli and minus 3-5 scudetto and likely a CL title. I'd bet the financial cost to us if looked at as both the loss of revenue from that Serie B year and loss of revenue each year behind where we would have been today is well over a billion euros now. That's a fucking disaster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)