Calciopoli or Morattopoli.. inter fake orgasm (66 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I don't know enough about CAS, to know that SOL would be irrelevant for sure... I think it's more so a case of us being able to charge FIGC and Inter with fraud, conspiracy, libel, etc, to have us relegated illegally, and having the CAS hear the case. I think it would be a case of us having to actually become protagonists in this whole affair rather. As in an entire new case, with nothing to do with the original proceedings. And that would void SOL, wouldn't it? Suing FIGC and Inter for criminal conspiracy against Juventus FC? We should be able to do that, as it is entirely independent of the original case.

1. You can't bring criminal proceedings before the CAS. The CAS has no authority whatsoever over domestic criminal facts. Only the Italian criminal judge has the power to judge over what was and was not a criminal fact according to Italian criminal law.

2. The SOL is not something that can be changed just by starting a new case. Sometimes they can be extended, but apparently in this case the periods of prescription have expired.

3. I think Juventus is most likely to see any good come of this by suing the FIGC either before the Italian civil judge or the CAS. I don't know if the CAS is able to handle such a hefty case though as I'm pretty sure it was not designed for this type of cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Statute of Limitations kicks in once there is an uncontested ruling. In Italy, I suppose it's 5 years from when a ruling occurs with no appeal. Because we didn't appeal our punishment originally, we screwed ourselves. Agnelli's death really fucked us over in that regard. It's so obvious that Inter and FIGC were waiting for that power vacuum to occur after his death to attack us, plus the impending world cup, and threats from FIFA over getting any scandal sorted out.
No. From Wikipedia: "Statutes of limitations are written laws passed by a legislative body in common law systems to restrict the maximum time after an event that legal proceedings may be initiated."

The event being the criminal fact itself, not the ruling.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Statute of Limitations kicks in once there is an uncontested ruling. In Italy, I suppose it's 5 years from when a ruling occurs with no appeal. Because we didn't appeal our punishment originally, we screwed ourselves. Agnelli's death really fucked us over in that regard. It's so obvious that Inter and FIGC were waiting for that power vacuum to occur after his death to attack us, plus the impending world cup, and threats from FIFA over getting any scandal sorted out.
Like I said, they literally created the perfect storm for them to get us down.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
1. You can't bring criminal proceedings before the CAS. The CAS has no authority whatsoever over domestic criminal facts. Only the Italian criminal judge has the power to judge over what was and was not a criminal fact according to Italian criminal law.

2. The SOL is not something that can be changed just by starting a new case. Sometimes they can be extended, but apparently in this case the periods of prescription have expired.

3. I think Juventus is most likely to see any good come of this by suing the FIGC either before the Italian civil judge or the CAS. I don't know if the CAS is able to handle such a hefty case though as I'm pretty sure it was not designed for this type of cases.

- - - Updated - - -

No. From Wikipedia: "Statutes of limitations are written laws passed by a legislative body in common law systems to restrict the maximum time after an event that legal proceedings may be initiated."

The event being the criminal fact itself, not the ruling.
I can't imagine that if evidence shows up 20 years down the road in a murder case, that SOL would kick in and not allow a trial to happen. When DNA testing first kicked in, say in the 90s, and they find a murderer because of it from the 70s. I cannot believe they wouldn't be able charge him.

It's the same thing here. There has to be some recourse for a Judge to be able to overturn the statute of limitations based on a preponderance of new evidence coming to light.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I can't imagine that if evidence shows up 20 years down the road in a murder case, that SOL would kick in and not allow a trial to happen. When DNA testing first kicked in, say in the 90s, and they find a murderer because of it from the 70s. I cannot believe they wouldn't be able charge him.

It's the same thing here. There has to be some recourse for a Judge to be able to overturn the statute of limitations based on a preponderance of new evidence coming to light.

Sure. You also have the discovery rule and what not. But in this case there is no such thing as new evidence. There is no way they are going to overturn it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
There it is. Different crimes have different Statute of Limitations. Apparently sporting fraud/criminal conspiracy are at 5 years. Whereas something like murder has no Statue of limitations.
Yes, obviously. Everything depends on the Italian criminal code though. Apparently fraud and criminal conspiracy are at 5 years in Italy. In any case I doubt this case will ever come before an Italian criminal judge again. Seeing Inter or FIGC convicted for crimes is very unlikely.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
going to TAR wasn't illegal. It's a normal Italian justice system. A judge from TAR said we would have been cleared. Why would FIFA ban the FIGC for a legal procedure?
Because that was a new rule from 2005 I think. If a country's legal system messes in the clubs business, the country will get a 5 year suspension for international competition both club and national, as far as I remember.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Take away Mark's mod powers and ban him for three months. Or at least ban Hustini.
how about I ban you forever?

:alen:

- - - Updated - - -

Because that was a new rule from 2005 I think. If a country's legal system messes in the clubs business, the country will get a 5 year suspension for international competition both club and national, as far as I remember.
was Porto and Portuguese clubs banned from European competitions?

- - - Updated - - -

they must of used some kind of system to get cleared while Boavista went down.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
going to TAR wasn't illegal. It's a normal Italian justice system. A judge from TAR said we would have been cleared. Why would FIFA ban the FIGC for a legal procedure?
How fond do you think the FIFA is going to be of independent neutral arbitration courts who investigate clubs and associations?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah. What I cannot understand for the life of me is when people suggest we should support Inter in Europe. Or Milan for that matter. We bit the bullet for all these clubs, and now they taunt us endlessly about Serie B, aboud match fixing, and Rube, and other such shit. Fuck that.

Any Juve fan who cheers for Inter in Europe isn't a Juve fan in my eyes. Inter needs to burn, that whole club. I hope FFP fucks them so hard, and they are forced to sell half their squad this summer and get relegated next year, and eventually end up bankrupt and playing in the amateur leagues for decades.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
how about I ban you forever?

was Porto and Portuguese clubs banned from European competitions?

- - - Updated - - -

they must of used some kind of system to get cleared while Boavista went down.
I don't know about their case, but I remember very well that this new rule was quite often pointed out "thus barring all Italian clubs from international play, if Juventus went to court "

Google it goddamnit

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Milan's okay. They're just a bunch of old annoying men. But Inter.. Lying, sleazy scumbags who have the audacity to act morally superior when they just stole their way to the only prizes they've won in years.. No, I despise that club.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
How fond do you think the FIFA is going to be of independent neutral arbitration courts who investigate clubs and associations?
:boh:

if they banned the FIGC we then go to higher independent courts and get reinstated. :D

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about their case, but I remember very well that this new rule was quite often pointed out "thus barring all Italian clubs from international play, if Juventus went to court "

Google it goddamnit
relax, I know what they said but would it stand?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Milan's okay. They're just a bunch of old annoying men. But Inter.. Lying, sleazy scumbags who have the audacity to act morally superior when they just stole their way to the only prizes they've won in years.. No, I despise that club.
I think Moratti sold the club for a reason. I wonder if he knows another storm is coming so he decided to jump ship so if anything happens to Inter he can say his hands are clean.

Italians :lol:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:boh:

if they banned the FIGC we then go to higher independent courts and get reinstated. :D
There are no higher courts. FIFA are an independent international organisation. And a pretty damn powerful one at that. Even if a domestic judge would convict FIFA, it wouldn't change a thing. How on Earth are you going to reinfore the decision? FIFA will just refuse you.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yeah. What I cannot understand for the life of me is when people suggest we should support Inter in Europe. Or Milan for that matter. We bit the bullet for all these clubs, and now they taunt us endlessly about Serie B, aboud match fixing, and Rube, and other such shit. Fuck that.

Any Juve fan who cheers for Inter in Europe isn't a Juve fan in my eyes. Inter needs to burn, that whole club. I hope FFP fucks them so hard, and they are forced to sell half their squad this summer and get relegated next year, and eventually end up bankrupt and playing in the amateur leagues for decades.
Exactly why I said those fucking idiots need banned for the next time I catch anyone saying we need other Italian teams to win.

We don't need shit. :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)