Bye bye Appiah? (2 Viewers)

kweku

Jul 20, 2002
Hope this isn´t true, becuase Appiah is better than both Blasi and TAcchi, ONce again, most of you dubbed him as Davids heir and claiming we didnt´need DAvids anymore,

oh yep remember Henry once played for juve........................

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by kweku ] ++
Hope this isn´t true, becuase Appiah is better than both Blasi and TAcchi, ONce again, most of you dubbed him as Davids heir and claiming we didnt´need DAvids anymore,

oh yep remember Henry once played for juve........................
I for one never thought he could compare with Edgar, and getting rid of Davids was the STUPIDEST move of the season

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
me personally, after selling maresca, losing appiah isnt a big deal. emerson has joined, blasi and tacchinardi are both there. Appiah may find form at arsenal, but he wont here at juve. just like henry never would have at juve. might as well stiff arsenal for that cash and use it elsewhere.

it does leave juve one short in midfield, and maybe that player will be jankulovski who joins. ihe is versitile. OR maybe its a playmaker who will come in.

with tudor and appiah leaving, oddo and jankulovski should definately be purchased. also a centre back, cannavaro?? maybe bonera will come in.

then again, maybe freddie will be swapped for appiah, he was rumoured. id rather not do that and spend it wisely.

blasi, tacchinardi and emerson is kind of scarce though. maresca, brighi and appiah all gone, all three were the best youngsters in recent times. juve really do have a problem with young players.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Adrian, why are you so convinced that he'd never find form at Juve? Sure, he had a pretty horrid season, but he showed promise both in his time at Brescia and in last year's pre-season.

As for Henry, I really don't think we gave him enough of a chance. How long did he spend at Juve? Less than 6 months? In that time, I admit I only saw him play once, but he scored 2 goals against Lazio and that made me a little curious about him, but Henry is a different matter altogether.

To be honest I really don't have much faith in Tacchinardi, and even though I've only heard good things about Blasi I haven't seen enough of him to be in a position to make a judgment, so for me that leaves Emerson as the only defensive midfielder that I have any kind of faith in for this coming season. I don't think selling Appiah will be a good move for us, IMO we should at least give the guy another season.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
The thing with Henry was that during his Juve time he was a left winger, it was Wenger that made him what he is today. Sadly, our coach (was it Ancelotti then?) didnt see his potential.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Appiah deserves another shot, afterall, he wasn't all bad last season. Yeah, I know, he sucked for the most part, but showed alot of promise at the start of the campaign and was one of the better players during pre-season.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
The thing with Henry was that during his Juve time he was a left winger, it was Wenger that made him what he is today. Sadly, our coach (was it Ancelotti then?) didnt see his potential.

after hearing this and the viera story makes me think that guy really got it

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Adrian, why are you so convinced that he'd never find form at Juve? Sure, he had a pretty horrid season, but he showed promise both in his time at Brescia and in last year's pre-season.

As for Henry, I really don't think we gave him enough of a chance. How long did he spend at Juve? Less than 6 months? In that time, I admit I only saw him play once, but he scored 2 goals against Lazio and that made me a little curious about him, but Henry is a different matter altogether.

To be honest I really don't have much faith in Tacchinardi, and even though I've only heard good things about Blasi I haven't seen enough of him to be in a position to make a judgment, so for me that leaves Emerson as the only defensive midfielder that I have any kind of faith in for this coming season. I don't think selling Appiah will be a good move for us, IMO we should at least give the guy another season.
because for him to find form at juve, he would have to start every game and the team would have to suit him. at juve, this wont happen.

henry was the same. wenger turned him into a striker, at juve, he was bought as a winger and he complained because 'they expected me to defend and i dont like that". he had a bad attitude and if he continued at juve, would he be the player he is now? NO! Wenger made him as did the EPL which gave him more space.

in regards to tacchinardi, i agree. losing maresca was the worst thing that could have ever happened. emerson and maresca was the perfect partnership, but im hoping blasi can take some chill pills and play well.

at this point in time, Appiah can get money for the club which can be used on areas needed such as right back and centre back. i think that is more important.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
at this point in time, Appiah can get money for the club which can be used on areas needed such as right back and centre back. i think that is more important.
I agree with you that our defence is in much more need of strengthening at this point in time, but to be honest I'm not completely sure we'd even spend the money we got from Appiah's sale on defenders :rolleyes: which is part of the reason why I'm slightly more reluctant to sell him

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I agree with you that our defence is in much more need of strengthening at this point in time, but to be honest I'm not completely sure we'd even spend the money we got from Appiah's sale on defenders :rolleyes: which is part of the reason why I'm slightly more reluctant to sell him
well, IF that money was used for the defence it would be good. but yeah, i suppose its no gaurantee moggi would use it for defence. but still, appiah isnt anything special. next davids?? i think that was premmature.

kweku

Jul 20, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

I for one never thought he could compare with Edgar, and getting rid of Davids was the STUPIDEST move of the season
I´m not saying he is just as good as Davids, I´m just saying most of the people saw lots of potential in him in the beginning, but Juve sucked and so did he, but was he supposed to be great alone? And dont forget he was often played very wide out to the left.

But gettig rid of Davids was surely the dumbiest move all season, the funny part is that Emerson is basically on the same wages that Davids wanted and we had to splash out transfer money, was the logic in that? Dont get me wrong I´ve been hoping for a player like Emerson for so long, but hadn´t een smarter business to sell Tacch, give Davids the money he wanted on a 2 year contract and used to money from the TAcc transfer, that would at least be enough for one and half season to pay he his wages. And think we would of had a central midfield with Emerson and Davids. But its Moggi big ego which made us lose Davids, and to think he has been earning half of what Del piero earns but doing twice as much for the couple of years and Juve couldn´t give him a little increase? this is how you lose great players!
And another funny thing is that davids claimed juve offered him a contract when Capello signed. Its seems Moggi is losing a little of his touch, becuase that would of looked so bad if Davids had sign for Juve again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)