Bye bye Appiah? (8 Viewers)

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by kweku ] ++

I´m not saying he is just as good as Davids, I´m just saying most of the people saw lots of potential in him in the beginning, but Juve sucked and so did he, but was he supposed to be great alone? And dont forget he was often played very wide out to the left.

But gettig rid of Davids was surely the dumbiest move all season, the funny part is that Emerson is basically on the same wages that Davids wanted and we had to splash out transfer money, was the logic in that? Dont get me wrong I´ve been hoping for a player like Emerson for so long, but hadn´t een smarter business to sell Tacch, give Davids the money he wanted on a 2 year contract and used to money from the TAcc transfer, that would at least be enough for one and half season to pay he his wages. And think we would of had a central midfield with Emerson and Davids. But its Moggi big ego which made us lose Davids, and to think he has been earning half of what Del piero earns but doing twice as much for the couple of years and Juve couldn´t give him a little increase? this is how you lose great players!
And another funny thing is that davids claimed juve offered him a contract when Capello signed. Its seems Moggi is losing a little of his touch, becuase that would of looked so bad if Davids had sign for Juve again.
maybe youre right but davids becomes 5.3 mio by inter this year...something juventus never would pay. emerson is 3 years younger and earns arround 4 mio...so its a good deal in my opinion

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by LEC ] ++

maybe youre right but davids becomes 5.3 mio by inter this year...something juventus never would pay. emerson is 3 years younger and earns arround 4 mio...so its a good deal in my opinion
How can it be a good deal to lose Davids on a free ?? That's doesn't sound like a good deal to me. Maybe give him the contract then sell him might make more sense. We sold players like Vieri, Henry and Zidane, and none of them was a good deal IMO. In fact when was the last time we sold someone and it was deemed a "good" deal ? cos I can't remember.

edit: actually I can, "Inzaghi" :angel:

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Edge ] ++

How can it be a good deal to lose Davids on a free ?? That's doesn't sound like a good deal to me. Maybe give him the contract then sell him might make more sense. We sold players like Vieri, Henry and Zidane, and none of them was a good deal IMO. In fact when was the last time we sold someone and it was deemed a "good" deal ? cos I can't remember.

the only bad deal was henry:down:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Edge ] ++

I would hardly call getting 70 mil € for Zidane, and getting Neddy as a replacement a bad deal...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I don't know why I'm doing this :) but just to save Zlatan from looking like an illiterate, the post above his originally said "the only bad deal was Zidane"

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I don't know why I'm doing this :) but just to save Zlatan from looking like an illiterate, the post above his originally said "the only bad deal was Zidane"
Actually, I was reffering to Edge's post, but I was too lazy to quote.

But thank you nonetheless Gray, it's appriciated ;)

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
i just saw the first half of the game ghana against italy(@olimic games).....and appiah is the player of the first half!!!!!!!! he played very very well, and imagine: as a number 10, first on the right side in midfield then centre...he made just offense things, not dm tackling and sutch things.... so he made the assist for ghanas 1:0 and made the 2:0 with a wonderfull 20 meters shot after a nice dribbling. just amacing. after the poor performance from tacchi and the solala performance of blasi, appiah is def our man on the side of emerson. its just the lack in defense we see now.:cool:

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by LEC ] ++
i just saw the first half of the game ghana against italy(@olimic games).....and appiah is the player of the first half!!!!!!!! he played very very well, and imagine: as a number 10, first on the right side in midfield then centre...he made just offense things, not dm tackling and sutch things.... so he made the assist for ghanas 1:0 and made the 2:0 with a wonderfull 20 meters shot after a nice dribbling. just amacing. after the poor performance from tacchi and the solala performance of blasi, appiah is def our man on the side of emerson. its just the lack in defense we see now.:cool:
he can sure kick some U21 ass

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
Good point Don Bes.

Unfortunately, the teams Juve come up against week in week out aren't filled with U21 players, shame.

Tacchi would still struggle I feel though.

Aug 26, 2003
i have to agree with LEC! Appiah was the man of the 1 half, he made an assist, scored a super goal, was good in dribbling and passing!! i haven't seen all of the 2nd half but there was only Italy!!

on the point that he played against U21 players i think that Pirlo, Ferrari, Pelizoli are all players from Serie A (and non of them was outstanding for me either) so i think that he still played well!!

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
i have to agree with LEC! Appiah was the man of the 1 half, he made an assist, scored a super goal, was good in dribbling and passing!! i haven't seen all of the 2nd half but there was only Italy!!

on the point that he played against U21 players i think that Pirlo, Ferrari, Pelizoli are all players from Serie A (and non of them was outstanding for me either) so i think that he still played well!!
....bonera, gillardino,pinzi,sculli,moretti.......all serie a players....

appiah was changed by the score of 2:1...after that, ghana failed to make something relevant. the eurosport reporter is a new "fan" of appiah....but he didnt recognice that he wasnt on the field in the last 20 minutes.:Dwas very funny. he always said" and now appiah must do something, i didnt saw him in the last minutes(where the **** is he:D:D:confused::confused::D)....(...), ghana need now good passes and inspiration from stephen appiah..."....anyway, italy played better in the second half.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)