Bye bye Appiah? (3 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah, he should leave the passing to Emerson, altho he wasnt that bad tonight. But I do think that an Emerson-Blasi partnership would be better than an Emerson-Appiah one.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Appiah needs some more aggresion and workrate, and to dribble less.
I totally agree. Appiah has good endurance though. He can last the whole game in midfield, which is pretty tough to do.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
Anyone has that goal??..........it sounds nice.
gr8 goal, dribbled past 3 italian players....and shot with his right foot passed pirlo :devil:

ohh, bonera was crap :groan:

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Seeing the Italy-Ghana game, it is clear why we shoudnt sell Stephen Appiah.
He was the engine of Ghana team. Is plays, dribblings and shots where very god, and he show off a offensive role and a leadership that has been lacking in his team play with juve. After looking at Tacchi against swedens some days ago, its clear to me that Appiah is a great asset to juve and in the hands of Capello can become a extrordinary midfield.
And the players in front of Appiah were Pirlo, Ferrari, Del nero, Moretti, Pinzi...100 % serie A players.....

He deserves the place at Emerson side....

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
yes,but we undoubtely saw some of this Appiah`s qualities last year, in the first ten games of the season or so, before the man was injured.
Ohh, maybe i trust too much on Robby Baggio Eye...:down:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
it was one game ffs
I agree, he shouldn't be judged on one game, but it's about potential. He showed potential for a long time before he joined us, and even up until the pre-season, but we all saw how last season went to the shitters after that stage. I've always wanted to give Appiah another chance.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i think every player has had a good game in their career. appiah hahving 1 good game in the olympics and having a shitload of bad games for juve doesnt merit him a starting position. im hoping capello doesnt play with another DM midfielder next to emerson.

Aug 26, 2003
yeah, but i think Appiah did well the first half of last season, and when the whole team played shit, he also did! so i think he played more than just one game pretty well!!

you are right, yesterday afternoon is just one match, but he showed how good he can be!

I hope Capello trust in him!

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
i think every player has had a good game in their career. appiah hahving 1 good game in the olympics and having a shitload of bad games for juve doesnt merit him a starting position. im hoping capello doesnt play with another DM midfielder next to emerson.
he didnt played like a dm....look, you cant blame him about last season otherwise you must blame the whole team!!! i expect a lot of appiah this season!

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
Appiah is a class player no doubt, he is full of potential and talent as we saw yeasterday, the pitty thing is that Juve seems to have a trend of killing talented players like that, and what about Legrottaglie. At least Appiah should be able to play in the same role as yeasterday on Juve. He can be very good offensively.

this midfield:

-------------------strikers........

---------------------Nedved

--Kapo------Tacchinardi---Emerson---Appiah

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dimassimo01 ] ++

I totally agree. Appiah has good endurance though. He can last the whole game in midfield, which is pretty tough to do.
Yeah, but he needs to attack th ball more. Sometimes he just runs in fronz of the opposition player instead of going at him and attacking the ball. Also, he has a habit of walking around the field, when he doesnt have the ball, he'd be good if he had just a bit better movement.

But he will, and I agree with him. Emerson cant do everything alone, and a player like Blasi would be great with him to tackle and win the ball back, and then pass it to Emo whou would distribute it around the fiel.d.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
yeah i suppose i am being a lil harsh on appiah but the truth is that at juve he has never performed well. maybe its the formation or tactics that dont suit him, im not to sure. facts are that he will get chances because there is only appiah, emerson, blasi and tacchinardi. maresca and brighi went and conte retired. he would surely have to get playing time.

no doubt, if appiah finds his brescia form, having him and emerson in the middle would be a very good duo, especially if nedved and olivera conclude that midfield line up.

lets just hope that appiah can regain that form. And lets not forget that if Blasi hits top form as well, he is just as good. i think blasi needs more time and appiah may need more faith put in him.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
yeah i suppose i am being a lil harsh on appiah but the truth is that at juve he has never performed well. maybe its the formation or tactics that dont suit him, im not to sure. facts are that he will get chances because there is only appiah, emerson, blasi and tacchinardi. maresca and brighi went and conte retired. he would surely have to get playing time.

no doubt, if appiah finds his brescia form, having him and emerson in the middle would be a very good duo, especially if nedved and olivera conclude that midfield line up.

lets just hope that appiah can regain that form. And lets not forget that if Blasi hits top form as well, he is just as good. i think blasi needs more time and appiah may need more faith put in him.
A good player like Appiah is able to play every tactic and midfield role there is, and he also did play well the first 10(!) matches, he knocked Davids out, after a while the whole team underperformed so i dont think Appiah was more noticeable than the others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)