Bye bye Appiah? (2 Viewers)

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
Comparing Appiah to Tacch is something like
comparing Roy Keane to Quinton Fortune.

makes no sense for me.

Tacch is a very useful player, he obviously needs a better partner than himself, but he is reliable, tough, usually good enough to "terrorize" the midfield (not as much as Keane did on his days).

To be very positive, I call Appiah a prospect, may will be a good offensive player, but sure not the worker type, so if his "magic" dont work, he cannot compensate it by winning balls, making runs or things like that.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 26, 2003
the idea of putting Appiah so half right position and maybe Oddo behind him, would surely work!! i think a very good idea!

then in yesterdays game, he was no real winger and no real central player i think!

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by julio1011 ] ++
in my view appiah is better than tacchinardi
unfortunately both of them makes mistakes but appaih makes less
Yes, and Blasi is better than both of them, that's why Capello wanted to keep him and sell Mareseca and Brighi.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++

Tacchinardi has held Juve's midfield together more than 10 years now, not alone but with a good partner alongside him, like Emerson, so he is not waste.
10 years? he sat on the bench for the first 4 years of his career at juve. deschamps and sousa played in his role, not forgetting davids when he joined. tacchinardi replaced deschamps in the midfield. he did a good job for a couple of seasons, but IMO Davids was the key and made him look better than he really is.

im very surprised he is still being considered as a starter. he has been at the club a long time and is vice captain i think...only because he has been around for a long time. obviously not for his abilities.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i agree,adrian.

defensive midfielders have come and gone,and tacch,while having lasted the longest,is surely one of the worst that have ever held a place in the team.even our youngsters are better than him and provide much more to the team.

tacch is,at best,decent and a jack of all trades but a master of none.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
i agree,adrian.

defensive midfielders have come and gone,and tacch,while having lasted the longest,is surely one of the worst that have ever held a place in the team.even our youngsters are better than him and provide much more to the team.

tacch is,at best,decent and a jack of all trades but a master of none.
Jack of all trades? Hardly. He plays central defensive midfielder and that's it. He can tackle and pass to Nedved, he has no pace, no shot, no skill, and no other special abilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)