Bundesliga 2021-22 (26 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Are we going to keep pretending Leverkusen wasn't third in the league?

Are we going to pretend Arsenal wasn't number 1 in the PL when Bayern battered them 5-1 in 2015?

Are we going to pretend Tottenham wasn't in the CL final 4 months before Bayern battered them 7-1?

Are we going to pretend Barcelona wasn't the best team in Europe a year prior to Bayern beating them 4-0 at home and 3-0 away?

Are we going to pretend Roma weren't runners up in Serie A in 2014-15 when Bayern beat them 7-1 away?

There are plenty of farmers in the Bundesliga. But what does this say about the other teams then?

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
What all those teams have in common is that they play attacking football and would rather go down attacking and get dicked than set up to counter and a defensive block.

If you catch Bayern on a bad day you are likely to get smashed, and often German teams like to play football on the front foot and with speed and more vertical play than 50 midfield passes like you might see in Serie A.

Also, not all teams play like that and keep going with intensity for rugby scores. After 3-0 it's really just stat-padding anyway, although in the case of two-legged games it makes the second leg mostly irrelevant.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
What all those teams have in common is that they play attacking football and would rather go down attacking and get dicked than set up to counter and a defensive block.

If you catch Bayern on a bad day you are likely to get smashed, and often German teams like to play football on the front foot and with speed and more vertical play than 50 midfield passes like you might see in Serie A.

Also, not all teams play like that and keep going with intensity for rugby scores. After 3-0 it's really just stat-padding anyway, although in the case of two-legged games it makes the second leg mostly irrelevant.
Has the art of defending gone down similar thing happened in La liga when messi and ronaldo were scoring 40-50 goals per season

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I ain't mad, just tired of people with selective/goldfish memory.

I clearly stated the Bundesliga ain't the best league in Europe, but it's certainly not a shit league. Could it do with more competition? No doubt.

Is it Bayerns job to get worse for the others to catch up? Of course not.

Before the last decade the Bundesliga was one of the most competitive leagues historically, I don't know why that changed so much. I guess some of it comes from Bayern being driven even better and the others underperforming/having the wrong people in charge.

Clubs like HSV and Schalke for instance got a lot of potential but are outright amateurs.
I actually like following Bundesliga. If you remove Bayern, the rest of the league is pretty competitive. The top four seems to change year to year. There’s always important matches at the end of the season and the quality/style of football is good too.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016

Exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually like following Bundesliga. If you remove Bayern, the rest of the league is pretty competitive. The top four seems to change year to year. There’s always important matches at the end of the season and the quality/style of football is good too.
What I enjoy the most about the Bundesliga is the atmopshere and the full stadiums. And the football played ain't bad as well as you said. Watch from 6 mins in.

Last edited:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
These results comes from the last 8 years in the CL and people are surprised Bayern beat 9 out of 10 BL teams with the same numbers. And I probably even forgot some. If the state of the Bundesliga is so bad, why does the same happen to other teams in Europe when they play Bayern?

Bayern killing a team of like Leverkusen shouldn't come to any surprise to anyone. I'm not saying the Bundesliga is the best league in Europe, of course it's not. But the German teams getting trashed by Bayern is just what it is, Bayern would do the same to most teams in the other leagues, it's just how it is and history from the last decade is on my side. :boh:

Bro, love how you post all these YT videos every time :conte:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I ain't mad, just tired of people with selective/goldfish memory.

I clearly stated the Bundesliga ain't the best league in Europe, but it's certainly not a shit league. Could it do with more competition? No doubt.

Is it Bayerns job to get worse for the others to catch up? Of course not.

Before the last decade the Bundesliga was one of the most competitive leagues historically, I don't know why that changed so much. I guess some of it comes from Bayern being driven even better and the others underperforming/having the wrong people in charge.

Clubs like HSV and Schalke for instance got a lot of potential but are outright amateurs.
Only diff between buli in past and buli now is Bayern is better and consistently among topmost clubs in Europe (which actually makes the league slightly better now quality wise, not competition wise).

Buli was, always has been a second tier league.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Only diff between buli in past and buli now is Bayern is better and consistently among topmost clubs in Europe (which actually makes the league slightly better now quality wise, not competition wise).

Buli was, always has been a second tier league.
Wouldn’t say that.

In the 70’s it was the best League in the World for a longer periode.

The 90’s was also okay for the Bundesliga.

What hid it hard was when rich regimes and oligarcs started to invest in the clubs along with the PL just getting richer and richer.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Are we going to pretend Arsenal wasn't number 1 in the PL when Bayern battered them 5-1 in 2015?

Are we going to pretend Tottenham wasn't in the CL final 4 months before Bayern battered them 7-1?

Are we going to pretend Barcelona wasn't the best team in Europe a year prior to Bayern beating them 4-0 at home and 3-0 away?

Are we going to pretend Roma weren't runners up in Serie A in 2014-15 when Bayern beat them 7-1 away?

There are plenty of farmers in the Bundesliga. But what does this say about the other teams then?

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:

Maybe because Bayern can afford not to give a shit about their next Bundesliga game because they will win it anyway somehow?
While some others have to worry about an El Clasico, Derby d'Italy or some other mortal battle coming up.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Maybe because Bayern can afford not to give a shit about their next Bundesliga game because they will win it anyway somehow?
While some others have to worry about an El Clasico, Derby d'Italy or some other mortal battle coming up.
I would say even ligue 1 is more competitive than bundesliga atleast teams dont bend down when they face psg

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Bad excuse.

It looks easy because Bayern are that good, it doesn't mean they don't have to focus on their opponents in the BL.

And those results doesn't lie. Barca were the best team in the world a year prior to Bayern beating them 7-0 on aggregate, Tottenham played a CL final 4 months prior, Arsenal was number 1 in the PL when we hammered them 5-1 at home in 2015.

- - - Updated - - -

I would say even ligue 1 is more competitive than bundesliga atleast teams dont bend down when they face psg
Because PSG is not a team but a bunch of mercenaries brought together to win the CL.

They don't really care about the French league.

Not to forget they don't have any clear philosophy or idea when it comes to the managers they chose.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I don't understand why you feel the need to make excuses for your club monopolizing an entire country.
It's not Bayern's problem, enjoy the fruits.
But some of you clearly have a problem with it, hence my replies.

If you didn't have a problem with it you wouldn't care to mention it.

And you're also moving the goalposts away from the actual topic.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
But some of you clearly have a problem with it, hence my replies.

If you didn't have a problem with it you wouldn't care to mention it.
It's ok for others to have a problem with it. I dont understand why you would try to convince us that Bundesliga aint that bad :D
Yeah Bayern are great, but Ive lived in 3 countries and never met anyone who watches Bundesliga or supports a German team other than Bayern.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
No one said that EPL doesn't have farmer teams. Every league has, no one is denying that. In EPL though there is a lot more competition for the title, a lot more teams are investing and trying to do damage. You wont see Liverpool beating United, Tottenham or even Arsenal or Leicester 0-5 in the 35th minute. you just wont. Im not even mentioning City and Chelsea here. The gap from Bayern and the rest of the teams in the Bundesliga is ridiculous. Only Dortmund is quality team and still not even close to Bayern. Once Haaland leaves, I can easily see them fall even further behind Bayern.

I dont know why this is hard to admit for Bayern fans. Again, no one is denying Bayern's quality. They show year after year that they are quality, not only in Europe that is. Its not like they win the Bundes because there is no competition. I mean hell, Ligue 1 is even worse but PSG struggle more than them.
@BayernFan

Damn, this aged well.. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)