Bundesliga 2021-22 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
For me he will always be the 2020 Ballon d'Or winner no matter what
If they didn't give one in 2020, then atleast they should have give the benefit of the doubt in 2021. Lewa didn't lose a step that year and even if Bayern didn't win the CL, he showed the highest level consistently over those 2 years. Only reason Messi won was Copa America, which is like the Europa league of NT competition

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
ballon d'or has lost its relevance a long time ago.
Ballon d'Or is a nice trophy for your players, but I'd say it's far down the pecking order when determing a club, especially as it's a team sport

For me is the titles won domestically and especially on the European stage what matters. Ballon d'Or might be in top10, but not more than that

I even think the European Golden Shoe surpassed it in terrms of relevance when talking of individual awards. Especially as the Ballon d'Or is biased as hell

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Golden_Shoe

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Ballon d'Or is a nice trophy for your players, but I'd say it's far down the pecking order when determing a club, especially as it's a team sport

For me is the titles won domestically and especially on the European stage what matters. Ballon d'Or might be in top10, but not more than that

I even think the European Golden Shoe surpassed it in terrms of relevance when talking of individual awards. Especially as the Ballon d'Or is biased as hell

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Golden_Shoe
Golden shoe is also biased, Ligue1 players are penalized for years, BL players don't have same number of games, Portuguese clubs players basically need to score 60 goals to stand a chance etc. But atleast it's based on goals, balon dor is being voted by journalists who don't watch half the games played, I'm pretty sure of it. It's a narrative award and it's for selling headlines and stories.

To me its CL (and UEFA Cup when it was good) and league titles. Then 2ndary are domestic cups, modern Europa League/UEFA Cup, and I'd even put early CL here when it wasn't taken seriously. And the forgotten Cup Winners Cup. One game competition like Supercups or Club World Cups are only there to boost numbers. Like there is no way Villarreal winning EL and then the SC is more impressive than if they reached the CL final and lost to Real. But it's still 2 trophies vs 0 for the simple counters

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Golden shoe is also biased, Ligue1 players are penalized for years, BL players don't have same number of games, Portuguese clubs players basically need to score 60 goals to stand a chance etc. But atleast it's based on goals, balon dor is being voted by journalists who don't watch half the games played, I'm pretty sure of it. It's a narrative award and it's for selling headlines and stories.

To me its CL (and UEFA Cup when it was good) and league titles. Then 2ndary are domestic cups, modern Europa League/UEFA Cup, and I'd even put early CL here when it wasn't taken seriously. And the forgotten Cup Winners Cup. One game competition like Supercups or Club World Cups are only there to boost numbers. Like there is no way Villarreal winning EL and then the SC is more impressive than if they reached the CL final and lost to Real. But it's still 2 trophies vs 0 for the simple counters
I agree with you about the Golden Shoe ain't perfect as well, but I take it over Ballon d'Or. There's no weird journalists voting with their own agenda, it's simply determined who scores the most goals out of the top5 leagues. And I think it's fair the top5 leagues are given more points pr goal as it's harder to score goals in one of these than in the smaller leagues.

About the Ballon d'Or, this should tell you everything about how rubbish it has been for a long time.

5JRnxD-XhX1v9Ywwj8wpGVJ71p2eJ-RF.jpg

About the international trophies: I like our 4 Club World Cup/Intercontinental Cup wins, I think it's a nice feeling being able to say your club is the best in the world. I also remember back in the day the South American teams usually won the most of them as they took the title more serious than the European counterparts.

But since the CWC been introduced the European clubs have won like 90% of the titles, simply way better players here.

1976, 2001, 2013 and 2020 for us :mark:

That said, I would definitely have taken two of these away if it meant we didn't lose lets say 1999 or 2012.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
finally? damn, you're spoiled.
I know.

But it has to be seen in a context/bigger picture, our succes both in Germany and in Europe from 2013 until now have made our ambitions skyrocket. If we don't win the double and at least reach the CL semis the season will have been average at best.

For us as fans we expect a deep run in the CL every year (not going out to Villareal with all due respect to them), and for the board and coach to have the players staying hungry and ambitious year in year out.

So this year has been a bad one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)