Build/Predict Your Juve (29 Viewers)

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
The truth is Bernareschi is a very good player but I think we could have used the money better - But.. This I say at hindsight..
Bernardeschi cost 50M IIRC and D.Costa cost the same - You cant really say they are at the same level and above all that D.Costa is the kind of player we need here - fast great dribbling with great passing skills - only missing is his accuracy in his shooting and he is perfect
Bernardeschi will contribute his share of goals and assists but he cant do what D.Costa does and will probably never will..
I still think Bernardeschi is a great player its just D.Costa is a league above him..
Nonsense! :andy2: @Fr3sh

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
The truth is Bernareschi is a very good player but I think we could have used the money better - But.. This I say at hindsight..
Bernardeschi cost 50M IIRC and D.Costa cost the same - You cant really say they are at the same level and above all that D.Costa is the kind of player we need here - fast great dribbling with great passing skills - only missing is his accuracy in his shooting and he is perfect
Bernardeschi will contribute his share of goals and assists but he cant do what D.Costa does and will probably never will..
I still think Bernardeschi is a great player its just D.Costa is a league above him..
They aren't the same kind of players really. Costa is a classic winger, pacy, good dribbling, Berna is more like a playmaker imo.

One did cost €40m (Berna) and the other one €47m. They weren't at the same league when we signed them, but context is what matters.

Berna was fiorentinas gold mine, italian, and young. We really wanted him, but they didn't wanna sell.
- increases the pricetag.

Costa did have a bad time at Bayern and Bayern did want to get rid off him, and everybody knew it - lowers the pricetag.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
They aren't the same kind of players really. Costa is a classic winger, pacy, good dribbling, Berna is more like a playmaker imo.

One did cost €40m (Berna) and the other one €47m. They weren't at the same league when we signed them, but context is what matters.

Berna was fiorentinas gold mine, italian, and young. We really wanted him, but they didn't wanna sell.
- increases the pricetag.

Costa did have a bad time at Bayern and Bayern did want to get rid off him, and everybody knew it - lowers the pricetag.
I agree that they arent the same type of players but considering how football goes today its about technique great dribbling and great passing ability
In that sense D.Costa is a great purchase while Bernardeschi unless he`ll do something extraordinary he wont be the kind of player we need in order to get to the next level..
Bernardeschi could be a rotation player that get his chances when we need to change the tactic...
Im not saying Berna is shit.. He is a great player but I mean D.Costa can take pressure on his back and always perform here Berna is a different kind of player and he cant take the pressure on him.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Berna could be tried as an AM in a midfield of 3 and see how he fares. He did that in fiore, and he could be a veru good AM with his vision and his shooting

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Berna is about vision, shooting and playmaking, while Costa is speed, dribbling and crossing. I think we should be happy we have both of them. Berna is younger and has the potential. Dont forget hos profilic he was for us, something that Costa is clearly lacking.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Higuain(Mario)
Costa(Bernie) dybala(cuads)

Matuidi(torriera) Pjanic(benta) Can(Khedira)

Sandro(spina) chiello(Caldara) Mehdi(Ruga) darmian? (Mds)

Woj

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Berna is about vision, shooting and playmaking, while Costa is speed, dribbling and crossing. I think we should be happy we have both of them. Berna is younger and has the potential. Dont forget hos profilic he was for us, something that Costa is clearly lacking.
I'd like to see us integrate both into the first team.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
I still think that one of our most important players, who is consistently being overlooked, is Cuadrado. People always diminishes his qualities and importance. He is a beast on that wing with his high workrate (offence and defence), our best passer by far (highest pass acc. besides Pjanic who is way more conservative in his play), impressive goal and assist tally for his games + injuries. We wont find any guy more effective than labelled super frustrating and 'inconsistent' Cuadrado.

Our attack for next season is completely set I would say, unless anyone leaves:

-------- Higuain
Costa - Dybala - Cuads

In whatever formation, 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2

Pjaca, Berna, Kean for subs and rotation (hopefully they can take over in the next few years)
Keep Mandzukic if he accepts limited time, or get rid of and find old and cheap backup target man.

Bentancur, Matuidi, Khedira, Pjanic for the midfield.. Add high quality starter CM.

For CB, get a smart technical player and use of Benatia, Caldara, Rugani, Chiellini
If Howedes is his injuries quit and he shows good signs the remaining games, keep for RB as an intelligent reliable wall behind Cuadrado. They could work wonders together.
For LB, please stay Sandro and please pull your shit together! Get Spina back for cover and understudy.

GK position is set.

Get rid of Marchisio, Lichtsteiner, Sturaro (or get another italian with actual potential), Mandzukic (potentially)

Barzagli and Buffon to take a season more as backup if they can.

So 2 to 3 (dependent on Howedes) starters, in case the rest stay. That should be possible. So if no-one forces their way out one way or another, then I would say Beppe cant really fuck our future up. Weve got a super squad and potential to build a Bayern machine if we keep going.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Higuain(Mario)
Costa(Bernie) dybala(cuads)

Matuidi(torriera) Pjanic(benta) Can(Khedira)

Sandro(spina) chiello(Caldara) Mehdi(Ruga) darmian? (Mds)

Woj
Don't think we are keeping Sandro. You like Torreira that much? What is the clause, 35m?

there are a lot of CM's we seem to be looking at so far, 3 of which are in Italy which makes sense: Pellegrini, Torreira, and Cristante (2 of which are italians :seven:)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Mine was more a "realistic" mercato but I actually sort of expect a surprise big signing
As for Sandro I'm not too sure, his dip in form makes me believe rumours of wanting out so probably not @Hustini

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I still think that one of our most important players, who is consistently being overlooked, is Cuadrado. People always diminishes his qualities and importance. He is a beast on that wing with his high workrate (offence and defence), our best passer by far (highest pass acc. besides Pjanic who is way more conservative in his play), impressive goal and assist tally for his games + injuries. We wont find any guy more effective than labelled super frustrating and 'inconsistent' Cuadrado.

g.
I agree about Cuadrado. I'd actually say he has improved this season. He plays very consistently and perhaps surprisingly composed and intelligently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)