Buffon to City, what is your opinion? (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
On the other hand, we can buy some good players for that money and we can make our team stronger. So, i think, rationally, that it is not a bad idea to sell Gigi.
Do you know what would happen? With the current inept management in place? We'd sell Buffon, get 50m and waste it by overpaying for the wrong players. 50m burning a hole in your pocket is a really bad thing to have when you have bad judgment for spending.

Do not compare this to Zidane in 2001, we have a completely different crew in charge of the purse.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Yeah. I think I've had enough of the Zidane comparisons/examples. Just because Moggi played it wise/smart doesn't mean it'll always happen. Even if Moggi was in charge I wouldn't agree.

We are not a night-club, looking to sell everything we've got.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
i know, emotionally, you never want him to go away, but at this time we can use that money very well, don't we?
Are you serious? whatever money Man City pays us, it won't be enough for us to compete with them for the best players if it was about money. If Buffon and Kaka goes to Man City, new upcoming players would rather go to Man City to play alongside them.

I'll need a long break from football to overcome the loss if Buffon leaves Juve for any other club.

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
IMO, this discussion throughout this thread is useless unless BUFFOn wants to leave.
Still what irritates me the most is what BUFFON has said little days before.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
If they're just going to opt for second-rate players like Zaccardo and D'Agostino, then why the fuck should they sell Buffon?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The question is do Juventus want to sell Buffon or City wants to BUY Buffon? Because there is a huge difference.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Do you know what would happen? With the current inept management in place? We'd sell Buffon, get 50m and waste it by overpaying for the wrong players. 50m burning a hole in your pocket is a really bad thing to have when you have bad judgment for spending.

Do not compare this to Zidane in 2001, we have a completely different crew in charge of the purse.
Totally agree.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
For that kind of money and looking at our financial situation it is madness to say we should not sell.

The only reason that I am totally opposed to selling him is that if they did get the money, the extremely incompetent board would waste the money on useless players.

If I had any faith in this board then I would have been happy to sell as let us face it Manninger is average at best but he has not had much work to do because of our defending so whay would we need a 50m rated goalkeeper when our midfield is not worth a damn at the moment

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
For that kind of money and looking at our financial situation it is madness to say we should not sell.

The only reason that I am totally opposed to selling him is that if they did get the money, the extremely incompetent board would waste the money on useless players.

If I had any faith in this board then I would have been happy to sell as let us face it Manninger is average at best but he has not had much work to do because of our defending so whay would we need a 50m rated goalkeeper when our midfield is not worth a damn at the moment
What do you know about our financial situation?

And saying Manninger has not had much of work because our defending way doesn't make sense. There's always these top matches where you need top keepers... and as far as I know Gigi is by far the number one If not the best to ever put gloves on.

You guys speak as if we are desperately in-need of midfielders..... I don't think we need more than 1midfielder at maximum. We've got Giovinco and having another one midfielder will be more than enough.

It's not like Juve's future depends on selling Buffon. And I don't buy this we need money to buy this and that. You need to be market wise, good vision to know the difference between decent player and great player and thats all. I myself always learn from others mistake, Chelsea and Real Madrid and Inter have given me the best examples....

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

And saying Manninger has not had much of work because our defending way doesn't make sense. There's always these top matches where you need top keepers... and as far as I know Gigi is by far the number one If not the best to ever put gloves on.

You guys speak as if we are desperately in-need of midfielders..... I don't think we need more than 1midfielder at maximum. We've got Giovinco and having another one midfielder will be more than enough.

It's not like Juve's future depends on selling Buffon. And I don't buy this we need money to buy this and that. You need to be market wise, good vision to know the difference between decent player and great player and thats all. I myself always learn from others mistake, Chelsea and Real Madrid and Inter have given me the best examples....
He knows everything. He's the all knowing man.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
we should never sell him one word, irreplaceable.
Plus our management would'nt have a clue what to do with €50

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Fo nizzle my shizzle. :agree:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
personally i dont think our board has the balls to sell buffon....can you imagine the backlash they would receive from fans worldwide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)