Borat (some posts contain unmarked spoilers) (1 Viewer)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I like Borat's humor, cause by acting really really stupid, he actually makes common Americans look stipid, when they start acting all smart and sh-t :rofl2:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
i laughed the whole way through, i wasnt expecting it to be a good film after the Ali G one but was plesently suprised.

Apparently, his other character Bruno (a camp Austrian tv presenter) is going to be made into a film

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
I thought it started off really well, made me laugh a lot, then it came to the bit we're borat wrestles naked with his obese friend (which i really did not like) and from then on the film went downhill, so if you like borat from the ali g show you'll like this, but i just feel it could have been better had they had more interviews rather than borat running around naked, so overall not a bad movie, but could have and should have been much better

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Don Bes said:
it has naked hairy man wrestling
that was the worst bit of the film, made me feel sick, they really overdid that part, though it was kinda amuzing when they both ran into a stockbrokers convention and started rolling around on the stage

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
ßömßärdîër said:
All night tonight they are playing every Ali G episode ever on HBO. I am watching it right now. It is great.
the great pity is that you wont see the short pieces he did on the 11o'clock show where he first came to the publics attention...loved the bit where he is having a discussion about society. stuffy professor analysing society and comparing it to goerge orwell's "animal farm", ali g's response is classic(referring to beatiality film animal farm)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Bozi said:
stuffy professor analysing society and comparing it to goerge orwell's "animal farm", ali g's response is classic(referring to beatiality film animal farm)

hahah i remember that :toast:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The famous Mahir (owner of the I kiss you site) is having a lawsuit against Sasha for creating Borat who is in a way or another similar to him. :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Jeeks said:
The famous Mahir (owner of the I kiss you site) is having a lawsuit against Sasha for creating Borat who is in a way or another similar to him. :D
At least the first guy was creative enough to come up with it first :p

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Bozi said:
the great pity is that you wont see the short pieces he did on the 11o'clock show where he first came to the publics attention...loved the bit where he is having a discussion about society. stuffy professor analysing society and comparing it to goerge orwell's "animal farm", ali g's response is classic(referring to beatiality film animal farm)
yea those were truly funny...the stuff he has done in the US is not as good...

OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #39
    Martin said:
    At least the first guy was creative enough to come up with it first :p
    Excape that Mahir's site originated in 1998, while Cohen performed Borat sketches at least four years earlier.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Ok, I wasn't enthusiastic to go watch it for the same reasons Martin mentioned as the jokes will be stereotypical and obvious. My fiancée wanted to watch it which made me very surprised as she is the most politically correct person I've ever met and she does not like stereotypical jokes.

We were seated in very bad seats but that was not such an issue because the movie was not visual. I have to admit, we haven't laughed so much in a very long while. It is indeed humour at its best and I highly recommend it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)