Books you're reading (12 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I'm currently focused on Serbian literature which is way too rich and deserves years of deep reading to get a hold of it. So I will probably stay on it for around 5 years considering the amount of books ahead of me. Right now I'm reading Borislav Pekic's work which is pretty tough to read I'd say but the guy created some wonderful work, very deep and quite complex, being erudite himself he expressed his thoughts quite chaotic yet wonderful at the same time. After reading 3-4 of his books I took a bite and went for The Golden Fleece which is biggest work of 7 books, having around 3500 pages, which is also biggest literature piece we have over here. I'm currently on 3rd, started it not so long ago. It's going quite slowly but imo totally worth it, reward is so big and as a writer of ideas, not really stylistic, I'd bet he's one of the best out there.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Understanding and Using English Grammar
Ordered for myself to study this book in home.
55b7cab7-bb75-4775-899a-62950921794c.jpeg

Security reference in computer networks based on Security topics

ee565115-0c3e-4927-bdc1-e7d387c5fabd.jpeg

CEH v10 Certified Ethical Hacker Study Guide
i purchased and began reading this today in preparation for the CEH test.
7b1027de-ac8e-451a-9931-3c54e077332a.jpeg

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Currently reading "Ultra".

Interesting book. Extremely well researched. Definitely recommended for people who have more than just a general interest in Italian football, its fans & culture.

Not a terribly easy read however. Confusing even, at times, because it switches between past, present, different teams & different people, so you do need to pay a little attention. (My main complaint would be that sometimes they're clearly referring to things of the past, while the writing itself makes it seem as if the current situation is being discussed.)

52855652._SX318_SY475_.jpg

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I am back to listening, I am going through 47 hours of Stephen King's The Stand. I like the new series and the book so far has been .... well, a Stephen King book.
I thought the series was a big joke. But i rebooted reading the book.

Skickat från min SM-G991B via Tapatalk

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I thought the series was good.
I felt they needed like 3-4 more episodes to make sense. But then you should watch the old series from the 90s, I felt that it made a stronger connection to the book.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I felt they needed like 3-4 more episodes to make sense. But then you should watch the old series from the 90s, I felt that it made a stronger connection to the book.

Many have told me the same about the old series. I will watch it once I get hold of it.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Many have told me the same about the old series. I will watch it once I get hold of it.
I think it's available on YouTube, haven't checked lately though. It's not awesome or anything but i felt it was closer to the book. I am currently reading Ted Chiang, stories of my life, it's ok so far but I really enjoy the story that arrival is based on. I also just finished An AWOL Stardrives (only the first in the series) which I found average. And A scanner darkly, which was mostly a depressing reading.

AriG

Feb 17, 2019
Let's be honest, no one reads books here. We just post the titles we pretend we had read.
Otherwise, everyone will be smart enough to understand that we must keep Dybala and that Chiesa was always worth the 60 mils. And if you want to go even deeper, it depends on the books, if you were reading that much half of you gonna become commies, the other half only read cooking recipes.

Oh, Liber Historiarum Philippicarum was the last one.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Let's be honest, no one reads books here. We just post the titles we pretend we had read.
Otherwise, everyone will be smart enough to understand that we must keep Dybala and that Chiesa was always worth the 60 mils. And if you want to go even deeper, it depends on the books, if you were reading that much half of you gonna become commies, the other half only read cooking recipes.

Oh, Liber Historiarum Philippicarum was the last one.
NPC.exe is glitching out again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)