Books you're reading (10 Viewers)

Jun 7, 2003
Haven't read any that stood out to me.

I'll check out the Lenin :tup:

Edit: Wait, which biography of his?
its a very old biography from the soviet side, which was given to the people. with letters from him about some topics.
found it in a antique store.
obviously a little propaganda, so i should check out one from the another perspecitive.
i can tell you more later when im home, author or the original name or which version

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Will note that down. Moore is surely worthy of everything. Everything he touched turned into gold (almost!)

And since we're mentioning Jerusalem you should definitely read Pekic's New Jerusalem. And not only that but literally everything from him. IMO start with that one and continue with How to Quiet a Vampire: A Sotie. If there's any underrated author it's definitely him.

He also has one trilogy that should be read after. And finally, last but not least, he wrote The Golden Fleece which consists a series of 7 books. It's his best work and he worked on it for 12 years. People who read it usually want to read it several times as it's rewarding. I'm pretty sure it's one of the best works ever written. His style is not brilliant by any means but it's authentic and what he does with words (and sometimes comedy) is flawless. You read 10 pages of his and you get the feeling that he had 200 IQ. Masterful.

Sorry about the off-topic.
Responding here.

Thanks for the recommendations. :heart: Will be sure to find his work that is available in english. How to Quiet a Vampie; The Time of Miracles. A Legend; The House of Belgrade are the only ones available it looks like. Unfortunately, The Golden Fleece volumes aren't translated yet. :sad:

Speaking of epic series of books. Miklos Szentkuthy's 10 volume St Orpheus Breviary is pretty incredible thus far. Only the first two volumes (Black Renaissance and Marginalia on Casanova) have arrived in translation thus far, but I'm super psyched for the rest of the volumes. Such a brilliant guy. Highly recommend him.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Responding here.

Thanks for the recommendations. :heart: Will be sure to find his work that is available in english. How to Quiet a Vampie; The Time of Miracles. A Legend; The House of Belgrade are the only ones available it looks like. Unfortunately, The Golden Fleece volumes aren't translated yet. :sad:

Speaking of epic series of books. Miklos Szentkuthy's 10 volume St Orpheus Breviary is pretty incredible thus far. Only the first two volumes (Black Renaissance and Marginalia on Casanova) have arrived in translation thus far, but I'm super psyched for the rest of the volumes. Such a brilliant guy. Highly recommend him.
Holy crap I can't believe it! Really!? WTF! That's so crazy... I had no idea it was that rare abroad! That's his lesser known work. I guess lincences are more expensive for his better work and I also guess it would be hard to sell such name. But oh man, that's such a shame and huge missing in a literature world. Get your hands on How to Quiet a Vampie. I read it a couple of months ago and it's absolutely brilliant :D only a genius level can write that. Btw, once I get more time I will tell you some stories of his, his life etc. Impressive and interesting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Holy crap I can't believe it! Really!? WTF! That's so crazy... I had no idea it was that rare abroad! That's his lesser known work. I guess lincences are more expensive for his better work and I also guess it would be hard to sell such name. But oh man, that's such a shame and huge missing in a literature world. Get your hands on How to Quiet a Vampie. I read it a couple of months ago and it's absolutely brilliant :D only a genius level can write that. Btw, once I get more time I will tell you some stories of his, his life etc. Impressive and interesting.
Will order it after work, this evening. Look forward to hearing those stories. :tup:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Will order it after work, this evening. Look forward to hearing those stories. :tup:
It left a huge impression on me. I'm really curious to hear your opinion when you hit it so drop me a feedback once you're into it or when you finish.

There are only some books that blew my mind. The Master and Margarita crosses my mind. After reading 15 pages I was telling to myself "I'm holding a masterpiece". Vampire had a similar taste and it's so horrible he's not recognized more as an author. Even here he's underrated but that's due to morons of the new era who prefer shit books.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I am thinking of reading an annihilation of caste which was written by Dr. ambadkar, I am searching that book from last year .

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Got my wife (and myself) the newest Kindle paperwhite. Being the old fart that I am I normally stick with physical books, movies and records over anything digital but damn I love the little thing.

So I was in the mood for something Tolkien-like so I started The Benjamin Ashwood series. Anyone familiar with it?

Jun 7, 2003
Got my wife (and myself) the newest Kindle paperwhite. Being the old fart that I am I normally stick with physical books, movies and records over anything digital but damn I love the little thing.

So I was in the mood for something Tolkien-like so I started The Benjamin Ashwood series. Anyone familiar with it?
thought also about buyin some shit like kindle as a present.

this site is great!!!!

I've read Sapiens, pretty good, worth a read for sure.

Funnily enough, yesterday I started a book by the same author, Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow
finished it finally, was okay. easy to read. i was just shocked that he didnt mention galileo or aristotle and also other speculations which i really am not so sure if they are true.

will beginn today a new book. im thinking to read one of these , camus - the plague, eco - the name of the rose, joyce - ulysses, dostojewski - the brother karamazov or kierkegaard - diary of a seducer. right now im really thinking about kierkegaard. what do you guys think, which one did you read and could recommend?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)