Books you're reading (16 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
You know some other good shit à la Dragon...?
I second this question
Alright did a google and it came up with a bunch of crap I haven't heard of let alone have read. However, one item did pop up that I really enjoyed.

Smilla’s Sense of Snow
by Peter Hoeg
“Smilla Qaaviqaaq Jaspersen is the daughter of a Danish doctor and an Inuit woman from Greenland. Raised in Greenland, she lives in Copenhagen and, as befits her ancestry, is an expert on snow. When one of her few friends, an Inuit boy, dies under mysterious circumstances, she refuses to believe it was an accident. She decides to investigate and discovers that even the police don't want her involved. But Smilla persists, and as snow-covered Copenhagen settles down for a quiet Christmas, Smilla's investigation leads her from a fanatically religious accountant, to a tough-talking pathologist, to the secret files of the Danish company responsible for extracting most of Greenland's mineral wealth. Finally, she boards a ship with an international cast of villains - and a large stash of cocaine - bound for a mysterious mission on an inhospitable island off Greenland.”

I liked it when I read it a while ago. I'm gonna give it the official recommendation.

Jul 15, 2006
Alright did a google and it came up with a bunch of crap I haven't heard of let alone have read. However, one item did pop up that I really enjoyed.

Smilla’s Sense of Snow
by Peter Hoeg
“Smilla Qaaviqaaq Jaspersen is the daughter of a Danish doctor and an Inuit woman from Greenland. Raised in Greenland, she lives in Copenhagen and, as befits her ancestry, is an expert on snow. When one of her few friends, an Inuit boy, dies under mysterious circumstances, she refuses to believe it was an accident. She decides to investigate and discovers that even the police don't want her involved. But Smilla persists, and as snow-covered Copenhagen settles down for a quiet Christmas, Smilla's investigation leads her from a fanatically religious accountant, to a tough-talking pathologist, to the secret files of the Danish company responsible for extracting most of Greenland's mineral wealth. Finally, she boards a ship with an international cast of villains - and a large stash of cocaine - bound for a mysterious mission on an inhospitable island off Greenland.”

I liked it when I read it a while ago. I'm gonna give it the official recommendation.
Thank you very much, Aaron.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Doing some light reading now with good old Grisham: Le testament. It's funny how many stories about lawyers I've read yet they still somehow make it interesting.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I finished Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. I haven't read Le Carre before, so I am not sure if all of his books are good. This one certainly was.
Need to find myself another book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)