Books you're reading (17 Viewers)

Jul 10, 2006
How do you know it's fiction? It's supposed to be unclear whether it's really him that wrote it.
There is absoutely no proof that whoever wrote this manuscript was the murderer known as Jack the Ripper. It is not an "autobiography of Jack the Ripper" that is just a title used to sensationalize it. Some people really liked it, I didn't, but that could be taste.

http://blog.casebook.org/mcebe/?p=230

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Finished of The Forever War a few days ago. I really liked it. Interesting take on the pointlessness of war.
Check out Forever Peace. Follows similar themes. His writing improved tremendously as well.

Have a bunch of books incoming this Monday - Philip Kerr's 'The One From The Other', 'A Quiet Flame', 'If The Dead Rise Not' and 'Field Gray.'

Really liking these "noir" crime mysteries lately.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
read niccolo ammaniti's "I'm not scared", for all the reviews I assume it must've been brilliant in Italian, and Jonathan Hunt's translation didn't do it justice at all I suppose
meh

I'm on my first day of "La casa de los espíritus" by Allende. The first book in a new language is usually a struggle at first, but I can follow it reasonably well. The writing is quite compelling at times, liking it so far.

Jul 5, 2006
Before I Go to Sleep by S. J. Watson, very taste like Memento movie, very predictable but very good end :beer:

i've read two novels by Michael Palmer, Fatal and The First Patient , they two are medical thrill, and highly recommended it!!
..***..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)