Books you're reading (14 Viewers)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
i just finished reading "the sicilian" a brilliant book i loved it alot although i was sooooo upset after reading the ending..... a terrific book.
as i told you mate,look out for Cosa Nostra by John Dickie the story of Salvatore Giulliano is a true story but the Sicillian is a fictional account of his life and it is covered in cosa nostra

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
as i told you mate,look out for Cosa Nostra by John Dickie the story of Salvatore Giulliano is a true story but the Sicillian is a fictional account of his life and it is covered in cosa nostra
I read Cosa Nostra some time ago, quite a good book.

Today i finished Jeremy Clarkson's book: The World according to Clarkson, not too bad, quite funny at points. Now am going to start reading Clarkson on cars

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I just purchased "Winning at all costs: a scandalous history of Italian soccer". I have been skipping between chapters and reading different events and it is really interesting. Its written by some biased English idiot so it can be anti-Italian at times. Really good i suggest for any football fans. I haven't read a book in 2 years and i think i wanna start reading again. I used to enjoy it.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Pitch Invasion: Adidas, Puma and the Making of Modern Sport by Barbara Smit.

Interesting read. Shows just how much power the big companies have when it comes to influencing sport.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
The Art of War- Sun Tzu.

I've heard about it for a long time and always wanted to read it, and it's really worth the hype. I have an abridged, translated version. It's now my favourite book. The philosophies in this book can relate to so much different aspects of life, not only war, but everyday life, business and sometimes even football. The guy that wrotethis book, Sun Tzu is a genius.

cynic

Feb 27, 2008
5. not my cup of tea, but well written none the less. The film is supposed to be worth seeing. are that enough generic book review responses?

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
Just completed The Street Lawyer by John Grisham...was a bit disappointing.

Going to start The picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde next

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The Art of War- Sun Tzu.

I've heard about it for a long time and always wanted to read it, and it's really worth the hype. I have an abridged, translated version. It's now my favourite book. The philosophies in this book can relate to so much different aspects of life, not only war, but everyday life, business and sometimes even football. The guy that wrotethis book, Sun Tzu is a genius.
Really? I wasn't really that impressed.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The Italian Job by Gianluca Vialli and Gabriele Marcotti.

Certainly worth reading to better understand the views of Serie A and EPL fans and why the teams in the leagues play the way they do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)