Books you're reading (63 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I thought you perhaps didn't like the way it's telling the story of Indian immigrants or you might have found it kinda biased or untrue.

Reading the book, I thought what a good feeling/point of view the author gives you of Indian people, their culture and their traditions (many of which were very similar to what we have in Iran) so I thought it could be easily the life of any Iranian family trying to settle in another country.

While reading the book, Ashima and Ashok were my parents :p

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,928
    The Bourne Identity. I've never seen the movie though, so it'll all be a surprise.
    They're sufficiently different that I can recommend both. I prefer the movie; the book's a bit of a cold war fossil, but it's decent all the same.

I've finally gotten around to reading Animal Farm (I'm a big Orwell fan). It's good, but it's no Homage to Catalonia.

I just started Catch 22. I tried it as a teenager, and found it hard going. Reading it now, I suspect a lot of the wordplay confused me more than entertained me.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    They're sufficiently different that I can recommend both. I prefer the movie; the book's a bit of a cold war fossil, but it's decent all the same.

I've finally gotten around to reading Animal Farm (I'm a big Orwell fan). It's good, but it's no Homage to Catalonia.

I just started Catch 22. I tried it as a teenager, and found it hard going. Reading it now, I suspect a lot of the wordplay confused me more than entertained me.
    Animal Farm was a book I was supposed to have read for Literature back in secondary school but of course, being mandatory, I never did. Now I wanna read it sometime. :D Btw, Chrysalids was the best book I had to read for school.

ĵџvє_вãвγ

Earth Intruder
    Jul 5, 2006
    Little Bee by Chris Cleave, Beautiful novel, especially writer is very good at descriptions that makes you feel as real. The reason i bought this novel is its back cover says " next The Kite Runner" actually i couldnt find it :/.

..***..

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    The Cloven Viscount (Il visconte dimezzato). This was the the third book I read of Calvino in the last two months and he is going to be my favorite writer :D

Too bad I discovered him a bit late :p

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005

thats what i am reading as well!

Jul 5, 2006
    Secrets of a Summer Night by Lisa Kleypas, easy reading one, I like these kind of historical romance, like the atmosphere, dance balls, nobles, gossips.. even if you don't you should give a try cos' it's enjoyable,obviously not a masterpiece but for spending time in these summer nights it is very suitable..

But the guy in the bookstore always suggests me romance novels, is he implying something or he is gay? :rolleyes:

..***..

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    That guy better stay clear of Bozi :p

You do read quite quickly. Is posting here about Ale, reading and watching movies the only thing you do? Oh wait, that two more things than what I do :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)