Books you're reading (14 Viewers)

Jul 5, 2006
Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane,i've loved the movie that's why i wanted to read the novel, great one, i realized once again Martin Scorsese is a superb director cos' he reflected the atmosphere very well and stayed loyal to the novel:beer:

..***..

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
ĵџvє_вãвγ;2458545 said:
Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane,i've loved the movie that's why i wanted to read the novel, great one, i realized once again Martin Scorsese is a superb director cos' he reflected the atmosphere very well and stayed loyal to the novel:beer:
Even though I'm not much of a reader, I also read the book immediately after watching the movie. Just out of curiousity.

I have to agree with you that he stayed very loyal to the source material. There's basically no difference between film & book imo.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Io non ho paura ~ Niccolò Ammaniti

bleeeeh. Written from the point of view of a child and at that very believable. But also very cruel and I don't enjoy a story of child abuse.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The Lovely Bones

I'm three quarters through and I won't finish for a while (busy for the next few weeks). So I'm going to go ahead and report that it's a great read. I haven't seen the movie.

ĵџvє_вãвγ

Earth Intruder
Jul 5, 2006
Deception Point by Dan Brown, love it, with this one i've read all of his works i think Angels & Demons is the best, Deception Point is competing with The Da Vinci Code for the second place for me=)

The Lovely Bones

I'm three quarters through and I won't finish for a while (busy for the next few weeks). So I'm going to go ahead and report that it's a great read. I haven't seen the movie.
movie was good i think:tup: i love Peter Jackson's visuality ..***..

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I finally finished reading The Nonexistent Knight. For some reason, the book didn't attract me with its first five or six chapters but then I couldn't stop for one minute. It was a great great read.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Candido di Voltaire

Rai3 production was a bit of a let down, too much music, sound effects and reading too fast at times to catch everything. Maybe I'll read it on paper some day to pick up what I missed. This makes 12 books. Audiobooks haven't been a hit so far in Italian, only done 3 of them, all produced for radio by Rai3. I'm pleased they exist, but they're usually redacted down to a piece of the original which is lame. And sometimes they have these interludes with music which is completely annoying, makes me lose my focus. Had to give up on Tolstoy for that reason.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Candido di Voltaire

Rai3 production was a bit of a let down, too much music, sound effects and reading too fast at times to catch everything. Maybe I'll read it on paper some day to pick up what I missed. This makes 12 books. Audiobooks haven't been a hit so far in Italian, only done 3 of them, all produced for radio by Rai3. I'm pleased they exist, but they're usually redacted down to a piece of the original which is lame. And sometimes they have these interludes with music which is completely annoying, makes me lose my focus. Had to give up on Tolstoy for that reason.

try opera!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)