Board & Management (35 Viewers)

alaska

May 25, 2013
Question for my fellow posters in the Stock Market thread:

For a moment, pretend you are not a Juventus fan. Pretend you support, I don't know, Molde FK. And also assume for a moment that the allegations are true: Juve directors played games with salaries and plusvalenza and player valuations in a way that caused annual and quarterly reports for Exor and Juventus to need to be restated and the auditors to withdraw their opinions.

Now assume you are also a shareholder, purely for the purposes of growing your wealth, of Exor or Juve:BIT (lol why, but just assume)

How do you feel about the board's actions?

@igortudor @campionesidd @U Picciriddu @Juvellino @Bjerknes @AFL_ITALIA @Cerval @Quetzalcoatl @swag @Nzoric

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

For a moment, pretend you are not a Juventus fan. Pretend you support, I don't know, Molde FK. And also assume for a moment that the allegations are true: Juve directors played games with salaries and plusvalenza and player valuations in a way that caused annual and quarterly reports for Exor and Juventus to need to be restated and the auditors to withdraw their opinions.

Now assume you are also a shareholder, purely for the purposes of growing your wealth, of Exor or Juve:BIT (lol why, but just assume)

@igortudor @campionesidd @U Picciriddu @Juvellino @Bjerknes @AFL_ITALIA @Cerval @Quetzalcoatl @swag @Nzoric
Short the stock

@lgorTudor

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

I've mentioned on numerous occasions in the past the shareholders had to eventually call on a vote of no confidence on Agnelli given the results in recent years, the massive losses, whilst the Next Gen project is great and all but shareholders want results now too and not just the long term. For me at least it was hard to see the club grow financially and the superleague idea bought him a little bit of time, but realistically if we continued with AA and his removal had to be just a question of when.

alaska

May 25, 2013
I've mentioned on numerous occasions in the past the shareholders had to eventually call on a vote of no confidence on Agnelli given the results in recent years, the massive losses, whilst the Next Gen project is great and all but shareholders want results now too and not just the long term. For me at least it was hard to see the club grow financially and the superleague idea bought him a little bit of time, but realistically if we continued with AA and his removal had to be just a question of when.
Yeah that makes sense. Are you a shareholder of Exor or Juve, or just speaking hypothetically?

If you are a shareholder, have you held onto your shares through this?

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

No problem for me. Wilkinson's got a bite on a new one. The Tramco Corp. Out of, uh... Springfield, I think. They're about to introduce some sort of robot butcher

alaska

May 25, 2013
No problem for me. Wilkinson's got a bite on a new one. The Tramco Corp. Out of, uh... Springfield, I think. They're about to introduce some sort of robot butcher
My brother, not only do you have the most obscure Seinfeld quotes ready for action, you get them right word for word. How do you know the show so well, being from Austria? Did they air it there? Or are you frantically Googling and copy/pasting?:p

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah that makes sense. Are you a shareholder of Exor or Juve, or just speaking hypothetically?

If you are a shareholder, have you held onto your shares through this?
No not a shareholder of the club in anyway shape or form but it makes logical sense, as a shareholder of other businesses I want to see a return on my investment so I can only imagine the same applies to Juve

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Seriously this club ought to really invest in it's cybersecurity, I mean a freaking VPN would be a good start
there are some hints in the italian media that these calls weren't intercepted by using the phones themselves but by traditional methods like planting mics in cars and offices though

also, club should stop doing stupid deals to begin with. no one was supposed to get watched if it wasn't for some inexplicable swaps like spina - pellegrini or pjanic - arthur. i remember some members defending the latter like it was a genius move lol

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Mattia Grassani, a respected lawyer known for his expertise in sports law, painted a grim picture for Juventus amidst the investigation into hidden salary payments.

The Bianconeri are currently under investigation for allegedly agreeing secret deals with their players to pay them three months’ worth of wages, despite publicly stating that the squad had agreed to waiver four monthly salary payments in the early stages of the COVID pandemic. Reports have suggested that up to 17 players and €60m in total were involved in this.

Speaking to Radio Rai1, Grassani first discussed the possible penalties that Juventus face in this case.

“This I think is the heaviest investigation in the history of Juventus, even heavier than that of Calciopoli in 2006. The unlawful behaviour they’re accused of has no precedent.

“On a sporting level they risk more than the fine or a modest penalty. All this could lead to a heavy penalty because the rule states that if there is alteration of documents, such as private papers, it can lead to consequences greater than a simple penalty.

“The rule states that if the club has entered the season thanks to these expedients, they can be excluded from it, it can lead to relegation and even the loss of Scudetti.”

He suggested that things would move quickly in this case.

“Sports justice has a very short timeframe, unlike civil justice. It would be concluded immediately, by 2022-23, and would have immediate results.”

The lawyer gave his thoughts on the Juventus board of directors’ mass resignation.

“The en bloc resignation is reminiscent of the choice made in 2006 by Moggi, Giraudo and Bettega. It is certainly a positive sign in a worrying picture.

“Juventus in this way has cut off the past but it is not enough to reduce the seriousness of the facts, if ascertained. It is a signal that says a lot about the club’s desire to isolate the elements involved.

“The risk of reiteration of the crime is no longer there after the resignation, so I think that there is no risk of precautionary arrest and that the proceedings will continue with the defendants at large.”

Grassani discussed if this investigation was worse for Juventus than Calciopoli.

“Then the Juventus system was to pollute the refereeing system from the top. Today, the fact that the same protagonists speak of a situation worse than Calciopoli, shows an awareness of even more serious behaviour than in 2006.

“It is one thing to approach referees, it is another to drug the club’s accounts. This violates competition with other clubs and distorts the regularity of the league. I cannot put capital into the club through Panini stickers or Monopoly cards to alter my situation.”

He spoke about UEFA’s decision to start proceedings against Juventus.

“The situation with UEFA is not very deep. Even for UEFA it is a unique situation, because the other proceedings involved overruns in relation to Financial Fair Play. In those situations there was a blocking of the market, but this is a different situation.”

Finally, Grassani discussed if the sports judicial path and criminal judicial path could be intertwined.

“Technically they are two independent paths. In many cases we have seen acquittals on one side and convictions on the other.

“Sports justice will come first and criminal investigations will not have reached a verdict in the meantime.

“Clearly it will have to take criminal justice into account, but the criterion will be autonomous. The movement must eliminate bad apples whether it is Juventus or Borgorosso FC.”

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
If the standard punishment for financial wrongdoing is like 3-4 deducted points in the league, when it comes to Juve I expect us to be dropped 3-4 league levels below.

Welcome to Serie C boys and girls!

The derby of the season: Juventus vs Juventus Next Gen.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Mattia Grassani, a respected lawyer known for his expertise in sports law
he's napoli's lawyer. of course the article won't mention it. he also jumps to conclusions, just like our own sjw's at tuz

italian media is pure scum

- - - Updated - - -

Prosecutors are now investigating the Locatelli deal over easy achievable bonuses and possible overspending. ” (@repubblica)
that is just ridiculous. the clubs have made a deal, options are not illegal, there are no rules on how difficult bonuses must be to achieve.

this is either media bs or just a very stupid and inefficient way to spend taxpayers' money

- - - Updated - - -

Grassani is a moron
absolutely

twitter doesn't forget:

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2005
he's napoli's lawyer. of course the article won't mention it. he also jumps to conclusions, just like our own sjw's at tuz

italian media is pure scum

- - - Updated - - -

that is just ridiculous. the clubs have made a deal, options are not illegal, there are no rules on how difficult bonuses must be to achieve.

this is either media bs or just a very stupid and inefficient way to spend taxpayers' money

- - - Updated - - -

absolutely

twitter doesn't forget:

I really like you @s4tch and how you structure your posts..

But please.. in 2006.. we were exactly in same situation.. I mean in the sense of "dont believe the media"
When no single report was defending Juve or giving an alternative version of what is happening,, well except TUZ and other Juve Forums..

So please.. unless you can be our gsol in this, please dont just write down opinions.. and give us something to read based on facts...

This Gassana, Grassana or whatever is now saying we risk more than 2006....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)

• JCK