Blatter 'sorry' for Italy dive (1 Viewer)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
it was not fair to give this penalty in injury time since it was not clear enough IMO , but why blatter hate the italians??

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
What an idiot. I agree that Australia had a very good second half and in case of a win no one could have said they did not deserve it. But, one shouldn't forget that Italy was the better team until Matrix received a red card that was at least doubtful and that 10-men-Italy was fighting hard to prevent Australia from scoring. It was 0-0 near the end. No one knows what would have happened without the penalty.

I think Blatter is a real idiot. It's his job to take matters like diving serious, but he is obviously taking side against Italy in general. A president of FIFA shouldn't say who deserves this or that and shouldn't value teams differently. He should be as neutral as possible.

loyada

Feb 6, 2005
blatter guarantee himself a sure vote from aussie federation for the next FIFA election (Italian FA would never vote for him anyway).

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
loyada said:
blatter guarantee himself a sure vote from aussie federation for the next FIFA election (Italian FA would never vote for him anyway).
The freakin interista in the FIGC would !!

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Blatters a prick, If grosso wouldn't have fallen over that challenge then he would have passed the ball across the goal and we would have scored anyway. What a racist cunt he should be shot at point blank range in the back of the head. TWAT

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Blatter: "The Socceroos should have gone into the quarter-finals because they were up to beating Italy."

UP TO IT, were they?

WANTED TO, did they?

COULD'VE DONE SO, could they?

hmm?

Then why the hell didn't they just do it!?

Blatter is making an ass of himself. There was definitely contact in that challenge.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
when balancing the pro-italian soccer and anti-italian soccer ... you'll definetly find out that anti-italian soccer are more ... that gives him more votes :p:p

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
There is two issue in this: One is notion of whether officiating was fair, and the other is more technical as to what should be and shouldnt be a penalty.

In regards to actual fairness of officiating regarding the match, I have no doubt in my mind Italian's did not receive any advantage from the ref. They were far better side in the first half, and only through a harsh dismissal, socceroos found themselves back in the match. I am pretty sure 99 and 100 referees would have found red-card very harsh, and undeserved, however rash, impetutous, person Matrix may be. And Austrailia had almost whole half to score the winner, and they never looked like coming anywhere near it.

As for the more technical issue: What is penalty or not does not have clear boundary. While there is no doubt Grosso dived, O'Neil came in recklessly and was actually impeding the movement of Grosso by blocking his dribbling path. Should Grosso stood still and watch GK just pick up ball and let the match carry on? Although in many cases of diving defenders are penalized unfairly for almost non or simply no contact by an act simulation, in this case O'neil is far from innocent party. IMO, he was clearly obstructing the path of Grosso and so only possible outcome was that Grosso either dived or stand up. Either way, one of them would have felt injustice.

The kind of acting that needs to be cut out is just blatant attempt to con the referee by simulating when there is no contact. 3 game match ban and nullifying the result would be an appropriate sentence. Zokora and Van Persie be warned.

angelus

Dec 25, 2005
this is really pathetic wat the fuck is wrong with this guy is like he just remembers the stuff tht been done for italy and forget everything else fucking the penalty in the final for malouda would have give the cup for france and in the fucking 2002 world cup all the ref calls sucked ass and got italy out it reminds me how they talk abt juventus abt tht the refs r always with us and say this and tht and forgets all the judgements tht went agaisnt us

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Rami said:
Oh and Materrazzi's Red card was fair??

And besides had that penalty not counted, the game would've gone to extra time. How does Blatter claim that Australia should've won is beyone me:confused:.
:agree:

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Blatter obviously thinks the game is unfair unless that Italia gets couple of goals disallowed and play with 10 men, as well as conceding couple of penalities.

Or maybe he has not forgiven Italia for complaining that ref was biased in the last WC. Well Sepp, I know couple of million doughs from Korean Magnate is pretty good, but you got to keep things quite because sooner or later people will find out your little dirty secret.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
I just can't believe that this fat twat is STILL being so blatantly racist. This sort of treatment warrants investigation of some sort. How can FIFA permit its top man, the guy responsible for being football's ambassador, to continue to make such a relentless attack on one footballing nation in particular (albeit the one that beat his own country in the final)? To all that say that Italian football is corrupt and dirty, look at FIFA's behaviour! These sort of opinions simply cannot be made for reasons of simple diplomacy. What is going on?

What a prize piece of shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)