Blatter 'sorry' for Italy dive (1 Viewer)

marcusa

Dec 21, 2005
The Australian player should not have even given the ref a chance to give a penalty. He should not have gone to ground to tackle Grosso. If he would have kept his feet, there would not have been a problem.I agree with those that say Blatter should not be president. He is clearly on a campaign to discredit Italy's world cup win. I bet he paid Byron Moreno extra money for his biased calls against Italy in Korea.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
What bs! How dare he point fingers at Italy when there were so many other teams who did the same. :angry2: I never thought one way or the other about him until I read this. Too bad for him that they have the WC.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
beto'92 said:
We could have easily one that game. Thank you for the apology.

Oh really?

Here's a thought - when the Aussie defender flopped into Grosso's path and Grosso was leaping over the prone defender, perhaps said defender should not have raised up his elbow to trip Grosso in the area. It was clearly his intent to bring Grosso down and stop his dribble.

Now, if that had not happened, and the game went to extra time, why is Mr. Fix-it Blatter so certain that Australia would have won the match?

We now know who fixed Italy's 2002 World Cup, could it be that this criminal had also "made arrangements" for Italy in 2006?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I've always known Blatter to be a complete moron. But this is some new shameless territory for the guy. And here I thought that Australia did get robbed in that match. But it's completely audacious that:

a) Blatter is still whining about Italy in '06, leaving no room for error about how unobjective he is and how biased he is against the Italy NT. He can believe what he wants in private, but to be so repeatedly public about this is inexcusable for a person in his position. People should demand his resignation immediately on these grounds alone.

b) Even if Italy wasn't awarded the penalty, what makes him so sure that Australia would have been guaranteed the victory in a 0-0 draw?? Here Blatter takes bias into the territory of delusional fantasy.

c) If Blatter is to apologize at all, he really should be apologizing for the disgraceful refereeing in countless, multiple matches during WC 2006. Most everything leading up to the elimination rounds was a yellow card joke.

ramzax

Jan 10, 2003
OMG this loser again
would somebody shoot that guy down.
everybody is sick from him and now he came back with this incident just to get the Aussies to vote for him in the next elections.

Vaffanculo Blatter.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
swag said:
b) Even if Italy wasn't awarded the penalty, what makes him so sure that Australia would have been guaranteed the victory in a 0-0 draw?? Here Blatter takes bias into the territory of delusional fantasy.

He must be Nostradamus.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Blatter can kiss my Ring Piece! I've had enough of his whining. Sour grapes You fake swiss who loves and adores Real Madrid, and even made them wear a logo team of the century even though they won the C.L 5 times in a row in the 50's when nobody really played nor cared about that competition. You donut! stop hating on Italia you sack of Sh!t. Your mums got athletes foot! :D

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Mourinho said:
Blatter can kiss my Ring Piece! I've had enough of his whining. Sour grapes You fake swiss who loves and adores Real Madrid, and even made them wear a logo team of the century even though they won the C.L 5 times in a row in the 50's when nobody really played nor cared about that competition. You donut! stop hating on Italia you sack of Sh!t. Your mums got athletes foot! :D
:lol:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
when will sepp blabber ever realise that it was about time italy's fortunes changed for the better, for over 10 yrs, italy have been eliminated from competition due to controversy or undeservedly, he never moaned when denmark and sweden ganged up to knock italia out of euro 2004, or what about the refereeing decision in wc 2002? when totti was wrongfully sent off, later admitted b the equadorian ref that he was influenced, or was it a tradgedy when france knocked italy out of france 98 too?

or what about the controversial peno at the wc final this yr? wheres any mention of that?

australia had the chance to beat us, they choked, they decided not to stick on another striker - aloisi, if they had perhaps they wud of won, the fact remains, italia still deserved the win, since matrix was wrongfully sent off, again no mention of that by blabber
the fact remains the stats shows how impressive italia were, and the wc cudnt of been won by a better side than italia, so shut ur cake hole blabber, not my fault u swiss/french played the dullest football at the wc

world cup 2006 was justice done!

FACT

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Azzurri fury at Blatter insults
Sunday 29 October, 2006
Gigi Riva and Marcello Lippi reacted angrily to Sepp Blatter’s suggestion Italy didn’t deserve to reach the World Cup quarter-finals.

Australian supporters were angry Spanish referee Luis Medina Cantalejo awarded a last-gasp penalty for a soft challenge on Fabio Grosso, converted by Francesco Totti, in the 1-0 win over Australia.

“I agree with them and I would like to apologise to our fans in Australia,” said the FIFA President. “The Socceroos should have gone into the quarter-finals in place of Italy, because they were up to beating Italy.”

Obviously these comments infuriated the Italian football world, in particular FIGC Vice-Commissioner and Azzurri legend Riva.

“We won’t permit him to say these things. Blatter must respect the World Cup winners,” he slammed.

“I am astonished, because when we went to see him in Zurich, he complimented the team for the victory and said we had been the best team in the tournament.”

As Blatter is not new to criticising Italian football, stating it was “a tragedy” that they had won the 2006 World Cup Final over France in a penalty shoot-out, Riva pointed out a few other incidents that raise suspicions over his treatment of Calcio.

“A lot of things add up now. Blatter didn’t attend the ceremony to hand over the World Cup trophy, which was unheard of in the history of the spot. Let’s not forget the two-match ban to Marco Materazzi, a decision that the world over found laughable.”

Materazzi was headbutted by Zinedine Zidane in the Final on July 9, but while Zizou was given a three-game suspension, the 'victim’ was also banned for two matches for “provoking” the incident.

Both the Inter defender and Frenchman denied reports the provocation had been in any way racist or insulting to his religion.

1982 World champion Marco Tardelli also reacted to Blatter’s latest bizarre comments on Italy’s victory.

“If these quotes are real, then it’s a real tragedy,” said the man whose goal celebrations lit up Spain ’82.

“I want to believe he was misquoted. It would be a horrible gesture against Italian football and a confirmation of what we all thought when Blatter didn’t turn up to present the trophy. Above all, it’d be an attempt to influence referees in the next few Italy games.”

Azzurri Coach Marcello Lippi remained unbeaten during the German tournament and was hesitant to answer these accusations.

“I have just heard about this. I prefer, at least for the moment, to not make a comment. When I’ve had time to get a better idea of what was said, I can express my opinion,” said the former Juventus boss.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Gosh!he's still thinking about the worldcup!!!
Anyway I'm not surprised at all cos this ain't the first time Blatter's making such stupid comments.the refs mistakes is a part of this play and apologizing because of them is nonsense.

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
sateeh said:
Thats good, but what happens for the consequences of diving during the game? Like the Australia game or even the final when Malouda dived ? Teams will suffer injustice and could lose a game.
Even if there were penalties, what would Malouda care now? he got a penalty in the final and got his team up 1-0. If they were going to give him a suspension later, then he wouldnt care.
If the ref does not spot it during the game nothing can b done this is football! We cant waste time on constant video footage during games or replaying games!
Of course why would Malouda care but he would miss games the rematch in the qualifying stage would he get the Italy v France rematch NO! Would he be disapointed at missing that game of course! Of course during game he wouldnt careless but who would ask Zidane after he knew he was retiring he could brake someones leg and no one could do anything againest him! There is nothing that can be done like Maradonna handball but that dosent mean he does get punished. If the ref didnt spot it or whateva he got a unfair advantage and will b punished according!
Players have been getting away with it for long enough we have the wonderful camera replays angles why not use a reviewing commity to stamp out this shit!

Just a thought Grosso wins penalty for italy review team sees he did dive enough to get a unfair advantage he gets a two match suspension who would score the 1-0 V Germany??? :faq1: Sure thats all thought but the fact is he dived and diving has no room in football it must b stamped out they have the power use it!

P.S- Blatter is a complete idiot and this is just like a cheap shot at australians cause he has left us on the side road for a very long time pushing us around from automatic qualification to pulling it away so close to finals cause the South American power aka PELE wanted another half spot! Blatter is a complete idiot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)