Blatter 'sorry' for Italy dive (2 Viewers)

OP
sateeh

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #61
    Alfio_87 said:
    If the ref does not spot it during the game nothing can b done this is football! We cant waste time on constant video footage during games or replaying games!
    Of course why would Malouda care but he would miss games the rematch in the qualifying stage would he get the Italy v France rematch NO! Would he be disapointed at missing that game of course! Of course during game he wouldnt careless but who would ask Zidane after he knew he was retiring he could brake someones leg and no one could do anything againest him! There is nothing that can be done like Maradonna handball but that dosent mean he does get punished. If the ref didnt spot it or whateva he got a unfair advantage and will b punished according!
    Players have been getting away with it for long enough we have the wonderful camera replays angles why not use a reviewing commity to stamp out this shit!

Just a thought Grosso wins penalty for italy review team sees he did dive enough to get a unfair advantage he gets a two match suspension who would score the 1-0 V Germany??? :faq1: Sure thats all thought but the fact is he dived and diving has no room in football it must b stamped out they have the power use it!

P.S- Blatter is a complete idiot and this is just like a cheap shot at australians cause he has left us on the side road for a very long time pushing us around from automatic qualification to pulling it away so close to finals cause the South American power aka PELE wanted another half spot! Blatter is a complete idiot!
    ok this brings the 2nd point, what classifies as a dive? in this incident there was contact, so refs(*cough* in spain *cough*) would give that as a penalty.
    I know there r clear cut cases, am talking abt the close ones.
    Like Henry against Spain when he got that foul that France scored from for the first goal. There was very minimal contact but Henry(MR I DONT DIVE) flew like a bird.
    An English Referee wouldn't give it and after he sees the match video he still wont give it! However mybe a spanish ref would even an Italian or Portugese ref.

There lies another problem where we dont have a universal look at officiating. And we will never have.

Overall i think punishments is good, but it will be interesting to see how it gets implemented if it ever does

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
    sateeh said:
    ok this brings the 2nd point, what classifies as a dive? in this incident there was contact, so refs(*cough* in spain *cough*) would give that as a penalty.
    I know there r clear cut cases, am talking abt the close ones.
    Like Henry against Spain when he got that foul that France scored from for the first goal. There was very minimal contact but Henry(MR I DONT DIVE) flew like a bird.
    An English Referee wouldn't give it and after he sees the match video he still wont give it! However mybe a spanish ref would even an Italian or Portugese ref.

There lies another problem where we dont have a universal look at officiating. And we will never have.

Overall i think punishments is good, but it will be interesting to see how it gets implemented if it ever does
    a prime example of diving is 1.knees collapsing, Jumping into swimming of course there will b tight cases but tecnology is there use it! :agree: If its too tight u proberly let him get free of course!

Of course there must b a cut off! Lets just say we start it in CL and move forward! Europe must imbrace the idea! Tho i cant se it happening for long time!

OP
    sateeh

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #63
    Alfio_87 said:
    a prime example of diving is 1.knees collapsing, Jumping into swimming of course there will b tight cases but tecnology is there use it! :agree: If its too tight u proberly let him get free of course!

Of course there must b a cut off! Lets just say we start it in CL and move forward! Europe must imbrace the idea! Tho i cant se it happening for long time!
    same here , it will take a tough person to implement that idea.

Buphs

Oct 27, 2006
    Baah, I think Italy would have been going to the quarter finals anyways. And you can't talk about the game like that. That happen is past, and the Italians won the match and the whole world cup.
    Blatter is a rotten sob, just like all the bunch of corrupt bosses in Fifa and Uefa. For not saying the Italian FA! I think Blatter can a apologise again and again about things like that, but what will happend? Maybe he will give the Australians $10.000 for not saying anything.

Mar 24, 2006
    Mourinho said:
    Blatter can kiss my Ring Piece! I've had enough of his whining. Sour grapes You fake swiss who loves and adores Real Madrid, and even made them wear a logo team of the century even though they won the C.L 5 times in a row in the 50's when nobody really played nor cared about that competition. You donut! stop hating on Italia you sack of Sh!t. Your mums got athletes foot! :D
    why must donut ? i thought that even donut is better than blatter :D
    moron oh moron , just shut down your mouth , fatty cracker !

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Buphs said:
    Baah, I think Italy would have been going to the quarter finals anyways. And you can't talk about the game like that. That happen is past, and the Italians won the match and the whole world cup.
    Blatter is a rotten sob, just like all the bunch of corrupt bosses in Fifa and Uefa. For not saying the Italian FA! I think Blatter can a apologise again and again about things like that, but what will happend? Maybe he will give the Australians $10.000 for not saying anything.

put it this way, wudnt fans rather see a big footballing nation like italy go thru? i mean u reli think many wud watch a smaller team vs a big footballing powerhouse in a late stage of a knock out round, god imagine france vs australia final? jees how f*cking boring wud that, italy vs france? now thats more appealing

OP
    sateeh

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #69
    Badass Devil said:
    put it this way, wudnt fans rather see a big footballing nation like italy go thru? i mean u reli think many wud watch a smaller team vs a big footballing powerhouse in a late stage of a knock out round, god imagine france vs australia final? jees how f*cking boring wud that, italy vs france? now thats more appealing
    a guessing u dont like the old story of the underdogs , do ya Andy?:D
    everyone starts small mate, and then gets somewhere. If Australia earnt it i wouldn't have been screaming "ITALIA ITALIA" when totti scored.

Jul 23, 2006
    FIFA President Sepp Blatter has backtracked on his latest comments by insisting that Italy deserved to win the World Cup this summer.

Blatter caused angry reactions in Italy after stating that he wanted to apologise to Australian fans, as he believed the Socceroos should have gone into the quarter-finals in place of Italy.

“The Italian national team showed us all that they are capable of playing excellent football and proved their superior technical qualities,” said the Swiss official on Monday.

“I only meant to give the Socceroos the credit they deserved, because they played a good match and the lack of experience was probably one of the reasons which didn’t allow them to go to the extra time.”

The director of SBS television, who aired the incriminated interview, confirmed that Blatter never stated that Italy had ‘stolen’ the World Cup.

He added that there was no discussion on the fact that the penalty awarded by Spanish referee Luis Medina Cantalejo to the Azzurri for the challenge on Fabio Grosso was a mistake.

Federal Vice-Commissioner Gigi Riva had reacted furiously to Blatter, demanding respect for the World Cup winners, while former Azzurri Coach Marcello Lippi had preferred to not make any comments.
    channel4

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    juventus710 said:
    FIFA President Sepp Blatter has backtracked on his latest comments by insisting that Italy deserved to win the World Cup this summer.

Blatter caused angry reactions in Italy after stating that he wanted to apologise to Australian fans, as he believed the Socceroos should have gone into the quarter-finals in place of Italy.

“The Italian national team showed us all that they are capable of playing excellent football and proved their superior technical qualities,” said the Swiss official on Monday.

“I only meant to give the Socceroos the credit they deserved, because they played a good match and the lack of experience was probably one of the reasons which didn’t allow them to go to the extra time.”

The director of SBS television, who aired the incriminated interview, confirmed that Blatter never stated that Italy had ‘stolen’ the World Cup.

He added that there was no discussion on the fact that the penalty awarded by Spanish referee Luis Medina Cantalejo to the Azzurri for the challenge on Fabio Grosso was a mistake.

Federal Vice-Commissioner Gigi Riva had reacted furiously to Blatter, demanding respect for the World Cup winners, while former Azzurri Coach Marcello Lippi had preferred to not make any comments.
    channel4

im guessing he thought twice since the maffia came knocking on his doors

Buphs

Oct 27, 2006
    Badass Devil said:
    I don't really get your point?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    juventus710 said:

channel4
    There's no question about what he really thinks.

But between what he is entitled to think, and what he publicly states in his position in FIFA, he should know by now when he should bite his tongue and shut up. Too me, that just underscores how he is incompetent for what the position requires.

Daria_Uruguay

Aug 28, 2006
    I think some people is having some trouble with the idea of Italy being the world champion---:disagree:

First the french, and now blatter and the english papers......

We`ll see you in 4 years .... in the meantime WE ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    why does the footballing world stereotype italia as divers so that thinking that they dont deserve the wc, the fact is that everyone remains, it truely bothers me when ppl say italians dive, cuz as far as im concerned every nation dives

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Wait a minute.

IIRC Materazzi did get sent off in that match in a highly controversial fashion. Australia played for pretty much the entire second half with eleven against ten after an awful refereeing decision.

And I seem to remember Italy had no less than five legal goals disallowed in the WC of 2002. I also remember how Totti got sent off instead of receiving a clear penalty. How about apologising for the WC of 2002, Blatter? Or how about apologising for just about every match Brazil played in the last 15 years?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)