Blaise Matuidi (50 Viewers)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
The worrying thing is not that Barca and Real have a better midfield than us. The big worry is that teams smaller than us, with less resources than us have assembled a better midfield.

Our midfield scouting is abysmal. We can't spot talented mid if our life depended on it.
Our old policy of "rape one area of the team to fix another" is still hurting us

What makes it 10x worse if we're wasting the final years of Ronaldo and we can't even give him 1 clear chance in the first major game we have. Our midfield is so pathetic we've reduced the CL GOAT to looking like Kingsley Coman out there.

Buy on AliExpress.com

james95

Sep 2, 2018
The worrying thing is not that Barca and Real have a better midfield than us. The big worry is that teams smaller than us, with less resources than us have assembled a better midfield.

Our midfield scouting is abysmal. We can't spot talented mid if our life depended on it.
Even United in as much disarray as they’re in before OLÈ have a better midfield than us on paper. Pogba - Matic - Herrera is a technically sounder midfield than what we have to offer.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Real Betis have Lo Celso and Carvalho.
Lyon have Aouar and Ndombele.

These two teams have a mere fraction of our financial power, and yet somehow they have build a better, more creative midfield than ours.

The problem isn't money. We don't need to spend 150m on Pogba or Eriksen to improve this dogshit midfield. The problem is our lack of scouting.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Wasnt he fine at World cup? One of the problems imo is that for France and Psg he played center. For Juve he is pushed wide left. His not a winger.

Think about it. His supposed to be the dm to do the dirty work in center. Instead push forward wide left and then we say here Bentancur is useless. Noone in center does the dirty work/ball winner/tackler.
He was. Matuidi is still WC imo when used properly.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Kevin Prince boateng is world class when used correctly as well. What we. An all agree here is that Matuidi’s ability is highly limited that he can only play the role of a ball winner and offer almost nothing in passing/attack. That isn’t what we need now.

To think that we spent season after seasons waiting and millions on him, just to get this quality, shows that our transfer policy is starting to show cracks.

This kinda transfer is considered good if you are fighting to win serie A. But for champions league, you need to dream big and buy big. All these money and wages spent on can, matuidi, khedira, could have been used to get Veratti and Prince Boateng

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I have a big time beef with this player. I get his hustle and all, but he is absolutely a terrible player. Maybe he can play as the hawk in a double pivot, but there is no other world in which you can win with this guy in a three man midfield, unless you have two other world class mids around him.

Dreadful player. Arms and legs all over the place to make a simple pass.
How can a man whose profession is playing with a football be so horrible at touching it.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Kevin Prince boateng is world class when used correctly as well. What we. An all agree here is that Matuidi’s ability is highly limited that he can only play the role of a ball winner and offer almost nothing in passing/attack. That isn’t what we need now.

To think that we spent season after seasons waiting and millions on him, just to get this quality, shows that our transfer policy is starting to show cracks.

This kinda transfer is considered good if you are fighting to win serie A. But for champions league, you need to dream big and buy big. All these money and wages spent on can, matuidi, khedira, could have been used to get Veratti and Prince Boateng
I sort of get where you’re coming from but the mention of Kevin-Prince Boateng is absurd. There’s like hundreds of midfielders you could sign before him. Or am I missing some subtle sarcasm?

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I sort of get where you’re coming from but the mention of Kevin-Prince Boateng is absurd. There’s like hundreds of midfielders you could sign before him. Or am I missing some subtle sarcasm?
sgjuveboy is a legendary troll

He does make good points sometimes but his posts usually have some sarcasm/humor in them.

One of the funniest posts I've ever read

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Our midfield is only really a problem this season, before that we managed by just fine. But the main issue is that we hold onto some players for too long, until they are corpses and no one wants them, and it ends up costing us in such games. Barzagli for example, was way overdue after the 2017 final, especially since Bonucci left and we didnt replace him, so our CB depth was thin for the next season. There are other such examples but back to the midfield and the 1st name is Khedira. He was great in 2017, he was still quality in 2018 as well, although on a less consistent basis (showed up when it mattered vs Real though). 2018 summer was the moment to replace (upgrade on) him. Instead we extended him on higher wages and added Can on 5M a year net, whos far from a difference maker himself, and at his very best a 4th-5th kinda rotation player for a club like us. So instead of having a starter caliber mid + a youngster of greater potential than Can, we are stuck with an chronically injured (whos still our 3rd best mid as sad as that sounds) nominal starter and an underwhelming backup of his. We see the consequences right now. Then this coming summer would have been the time to move on from Matuidi for Ramsey, but instead we will be trying to find someone to take Khedira and replace him with Ramses instead. Then in a year or two we will again wonder why no one wants Matuidi and discuss if Citys Fernandinho still has some gas in him to help us as a freebie.

Right now it looks like we need an overhaul, but if we addressed these issues at their right times, we would be looking at replacing 1-2 starters in the summer and call it a mercato

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Our midfield is only really a problem this season, before that we managed by just fine. But the main issue is that we hold onto some players for too long, until they are corpses and no one wants them, and it ends up costing us in such games. Barzagli for example, was way overdue after the 2017 final, especially since Bonucci left and we didnt replace him, so our CB depth was thin for the next season. There are other such examples but back to the midfield and the 1st name is Khedira. He was great in 2017, he was still quality in 2018 as well, although on a less consistent basis (showed up when it mattered vs Real though). 2018 summer was the moment to replace (upgrade on) him. Instead we extended him on higher wages and added Can on 5M a year net, whos far from a difference maker himself, and at his very best a 4th-5th kinda rotation player for a club like us. So instead of having a starter caliber mid + a youngster of greater potential than Can, we are stuck with an chronically injured (whos still our 3rd best mid as sad as that sounds) nominal starter and an underwhelming backup of his. We see the consequences right now. Then this coming summer would have been the time to move on from Matuidi for Ramsey, but instead we will be trying to find someone to take Khedira and replace him with Ramses instead. Then in a year or two we will again wonder why no one wants Matuidi and discuss if Citys Fernandinho still has some gas in him to help us as a freebie.

Right now it looks like we need an overhaul, but if we addressed these issues at their right times, we would be looking at replacing 1-2 starters in the summer and call it a mercato
I agree on all this TBH, but would also add our negative approach to games and weird as hell tactics. I also think Allegri had a hand on the mercato in us gambling with the players u mentioned.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
What I meant is that despite being not an awesome midfielder, Kevin Prince Boateng will easily be way more useful to us than Blaise Matuidi. Has good physique, has the capability to link in attacking plays and take long shots

- - - Updated - - -

sgjuveboy is a legendary troll

He does make good points sometimes but his posts usually have some sarcasm/humor in them.

One of the funniest posts I've ever read
Dude tbh, I hope I could find the energy to joke. but, after watching athletico beat us in that manner on Wednesday, I could barely remember how joy felt like

Last edited:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Anyone would be more useful that in attacking positions than Bambi on ice.

We’d have been 10 times better off against Atletico if Bonaventura found himself in those advanced positions with the ball instead of Bambi on ice.

Why Allegri gives him the license to roam forward when he needs 10 touches to control a football is incomprehensible.

Apr 19, 2007
Dear matuidi please dont ever cross the half way line again thank you please.
Hes best up the field pressuring. The problem was they let us have the ball and we didnt have the players to keep the ball effectively. They played trough our midfield into Costa. Without him in the next match they could struggle breaking down our pressure. Or so I hope

Apr 19, 2007
Thats why he should not play b2b. He should stay back, or simply dont play at all.
I disagree. He isnt a tactical dm hes someone who covers ground and pressures high. He can be very effective he just has to play in a system that needs that. He was awesome for France covering both the wing and tucking in centrally. Giving Griez the ability to float and find space. This season it seems Ronaldo is more left and Matuidi makes runs more centrally which I dont like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)