Blaise Matuidi - DM - PSG (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
30 is hardly alot - Higuain turns 30 later this year.

The year left on his contract is what's rubbish, but we needed a midfielder so....
Nothing to brag about Higuain's age. He's gonna be 30 and it ain't helping his game. I love the guy but it's slowing him down and his gamestyle will only suffer with the age. 30 for CBs is not a lot but it is for other positions IMO.

Matuidi can easily offer 2-3 quality seasons (if he even fits here cause I can't see him in a 2 man midfield) but my point is that the price is heavy for somebody who's 30 and on a last year of his contract.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It's not cheap either.

Not only he's 30 years old but he has one year left on his contract. He's more leaning towards an expensive transfer imo. 4mln/year is pretty high here (at Juve)
4m has become the new mid level salary for us, nearly all our starters have around 3.5m-4m atleast.

And he is taking a paycut, so hardly too expensive considering what he is giving up.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Nothing to brag about Higuain's age. He's gonna be 30 and it ain't helping his game. I love the guy but it's slowing him down and his gamestyle will only suffer with the age. 30 for CBs is not a lot but it is for other positions IMO.

Matuidi can easily offer 2-3 quality seasons (if he even fits here cause I can't see him in a 2 man midfield) but my point is that the price is heavy for somebody who's 30 and on a last year of his contract.
Can we expect another midfielder in this transfer window

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
4m has become the new mid level salary for us, nearly all our starters have around 3.5m-4m atleast.

And he is taking a paycut, so hardly too expensive considering what he is giving up.
He is giving up one year wages in PSG. Or a 2-3mln difference.

Next year he'd be out of contract and 31 year old DM. Nobody would offer him 4mln salary in that position.

So no, I don't think he's losing anything actually.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Juve is not as appeasing to these players as free agents next year as you lot seem to think. So much easier to command better wages elsewhere.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is giving up one year wages in PSG. Or a 2-3mln difference.

Next year he'd be out of contract and 31 year old DM. Nobody would offer him 4mln salary in that position.

So no, I don't think he's losing anything actually.
EPL give nobodies considerably better then that so pretty sure he could gotten more if he widen his search besides us, and PSG offered to raise his salary.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Attack wins the CL. I used to be one of those stubborn Italian "defence wins" guys but it just isn't the case in modern football. Especially given how strict referees are on defenders and how "protected" top attacking players are these days.
That's true but defense wins you the scudetto. CL became an obsession for many but we shouldn't dispose that for CL in "hurray-it's-our-year-folks" style. As boring as it sounds, winning many scudetti in a row give us lots of money and you can't make an impact without it.

Winning CL would set us very nicely from financial POV but it's easier said than done. CL is much about lottery, last year RM had no right to be in Cardiff but they did and so they won in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)