Blaise Matuidi - DM - PSG (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Question you need to ask?

2016/17 - Khedira, Pjanic, Marchisio (still recovering from injury), Lemina, Sturaro, Rincon, Mandragora (never played).

2017/18 - Khedira, Pjanic, Marchisio (hopefully back to form), Bentancur, Matuidi, Sturaro

Its an improvement - albeit not as drastic as some would hope, but an improvement nonetheless. In fact the whole team is better EXCEPT defense. Unfortunately defense is supposed to win you titles.
Easy for me to answer yes an an upgrade for sure in MF. I think most here want more of an upgrade hoping to compensate for defensive weaknesses so far. Team can't be perfect and defense has to get better even if Juve MF area possessed greater talent.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I like how people assume that now because we Matuidi, we play with 3 in midfield and leave Costa on the bench. Its like Matuidi benches Costa.

Costa may be too good to keep on the bench.
100% more likely we will just play Matuidi in 2 man CM duo with Pjanic. For some reason overusing one of our weaknesses in depth (CMs) and underusing our new strength (wingers) makes sense to people here. Allegri will defenitely prove them wrong.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
100% more likely we will just play Matuidi in 2 man CM duo with Pjanic. For some reason overusing one of our weaknesses in depth (CMs) and underusing our new strength (wingers) makes sense to people here. Allegri will defenitely prove them wrong.
This.

Allegri has repeatedly stated that 4-2-3-1 will be our main formation this season.

We wouldn't have signed 2 (maybe even 3 wingers) and sold 2 CMs, if we were planning on playing a 4-3-3 or other 3 man mid formations.

Matuidi has been signed to compete with Khedira for a starting spot. Simple as that really. Although there might be the odd game where we see a midfield trio, depending on opponent and circumstances.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
Let's tie up the Spinazzola deal next and see if the Keita deal will be done before the end of the window.
Honestly I've expected that one of those three newbies would be a top class player. I've been thinking the club would definitely go for some star to make fans more optimistic after letting Boni and Dani go. If thats Matuidi, Spinazzola and Keita then we'll have a pretty though season and no CL final.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
It's not cheap either.

Not only he's 30 years old but he has one year left on his contract. He's more leaning towards an expensive transfer imo. 4mln/year is pretty high here (at Juve)
30 is hardly alot - Higuain turns 30 later this year.

The year left on his contract is what's rubbish, but we needed a midfielder so....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)