Blaise Matuidi - DM - PSG (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017
What I don't understand is that people here want to win the CL right?

But:

- If it's not a superstar it's almost never good enough.
- They prefer to buy an unproven player in CL, albeit young, but still unproven. If he fails, I can't imagine the drama, and the insults towards Beppe. The very definition of people never happy with a board choice.
- They complain some players like Matuidi being too old, but they apparently almost never watch their games. Listening to them, they are all grampas running at 1km/h. You can't be more wrong, since as I said, Matuidi, for example, performs better than most younger players. The coaches he had all joked about him having four lungs.
- They look only at what's bad, and not what's good. For example, Matuidi would have stopped a lot of attacks from Madrid, while current Juve midfield was a real gruyere that very night, especially in second half.

But who cares about facts, better trash a player based on "what some people said", and because he's 30yo. Shrug.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Another 30 year old :weee:

before you reply: No 30 isn't old, i'd just like to sign a player who'll stick around for a few years instead.
Bruh, we even sell our younger players. :D

- - - Updated - - -

What I don't understand is that people here want to win the CL right?

But:

- If it's not a superstar it's almost never good enough.
- They prefer to buy an unproven player in CL, albeit young, but still unproven. If he fails, I can't imagine the drama, and the insults towards Beppe. The very definition of people never happy with a board choice.
- They complain some players like Matuidi being too old, but they apparently almost never watch their games. Listening to them, they are all grampas running at 1km/h. You can't be more wrong, since as I said, Matuidi, for example, performs better than most younger players. The coaches he had all joked about him having four lungs.
- They look only at what's bad, and not what's good. For example, Matuidi would have stopped a lot of attacks from Madrid, while current Juve midfield was a real gruyere that very night, especially in second half.

But who cares about facts, better trash a player based on "what some people said", and because he's 30yo. Shrug.
Welcome to the Juventuz forum. :tup:

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Sandro stayed two years, and apparently will be sold. Don't see the problem if Matuidi stays two years. He'll probably sign for 3 years, and be sold in two years in China whatever.

Now you people think he can't do much in two years. Ok. Let's agree to disagree then.

Hope Juve will find somebody that will fit your tastes. But if Juve ends with somebody "worse" than the Matuidi you imagine he is... Oh boy.

Alves stayed 1 year, and did awesome in CL. Alves wasn't the reason Juve didn't win the CL final, but because young supposed star players like Dybala didn't show up at all.
fraudulent player

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Sandro stayed two years, and apparently will be sold. Don't see the problem if Matuidi stays two years. He'll probably sign for 3 years, and be sold in two years in China whatever.

Now you people think he can't do much in two years. Ok. Let's agree to disagree then.

Hope Juve will find somebody that will fit your tastes. But if Juve ends with somebody "worse" than the Matuidi you imagine he is... Oh boy.

Alves stayed 1 year, and did awesome in CL. Alves wasn't the reason Juve didn't win the CL final, but because young supposed star players like Dybala didn't show up at all.
Your missing the point, he's not a bad player but he's not a huge upgrade on Khedira - same age, granted more agile but not a huge step up in class or an improvement.

Its a move that would mean we'd have to make another move in another 2 years. Don't really see the point in that. With Pjanic we have covered one of the CM positions for years to come. That's the kind of move we want and I don't think that's a lot to ask.

Our CM average age is pretty high

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017
Your missing the point, he's not a bad player but he's not a huge upgrade on Khedira - same age, granted more agile but not a huge step up in class or an improvement.

Its a move that would mean we'd have to make another move in another 2 years. Don't really see the point in that. With Pjanic we have covered one of the CM positions for years to come. That's the kind of move we want and I don't think that's a lot to ask.

Matuidi is better defensively, and sorry but against Madrid, Juve needed that, and not a gruyere of players who couldn't run after 60 minutes. He has a very good left foot, and can score too. Khedira has the stamina of a 40yo. The total opposite of Matuidi who runs as fast from 1 to 90 minutes, and has a very strong body so he suffers less injuries than any other players from PSG besides Cavani.

You can't be more wrong if you think Matuidi is not an upgrade.

Jun 6, 2015

This dude will boss our midfield soon with Pjanic for years to come. I'm happy to rely on Marchisio, Khedira and Matuidi/N'Zonzi until then.

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017
Gonna ask again, but how many of you guys watched more than 10 Matuidi games this last season (France games asides)?

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Matuidi is better defensively, and sorry but against Madrid, Juve needed that, and not a gruyere of players who couldn't run after 60 minutes. He has a very good left foot, and can score too. Khedira has the stamina of a 40yo. The total opposite of Matuidi who runs as fast from 1 to 90 minutes, and has a very strong body so he suffers less injuries than any other players from PSG besides Cavani.

I think he's an upgrade but I don't think he's the player to change our fortunes. I don't really rate Khedira and I'd welcome seeing him ride the bench as he'd be a good rotation option.

But what we needed against Madrid was attackers who weren't completely shattered after 5 months of non stop games....

This dude will boss our midfield soon with Pjanic for years to come. I'm happy to rely on Marchisio, Khedira and Matuidi/N'Zonzi until then.

I really hope so, could be a master stroke if that guy fulfills his potential

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017
I think he's an upgrade but I don't think he's the player to change our fortunes. I don't really rate Khedira and I'd welcome seeing him ride the bench as he'd be a good rotation option.

But what we needed against Madrid was attackers who weren't completely shattered after 5 months of non stop games....
Attackers are not everything. Even if Juve scored three, they would have lost.

Juve main problem was that after 60 min, there was no midfield anymore. Juve had no one to go physical on Madrid players past the midlane. You can't ask your CBs to do the job of Midfielders.

To anyone who actually knows Matuidi, they know Matuidi would have helped. Saying he would have not would litteraly be bad faith.

Actually, Juve needs more people like Matuidi, players that can play not 90 minutes, but 95, and people who are not scared when facing Ronaldo.

If Juve was trying to sign Thiago Silva I would understand since he's the kind to become a pussy whenever he faces Messi or Ronaldo, but Matuidi, even during that 6-1 against Barca was part of the two players that actually tried (Cavani was the other one).

Apr 17, 2013
Matuidi is better defensively, and sorry but against Madrid, Juve needed that, and not a gruyere of players who couldn't run after 60 minutes. He has a very good left foot, and can score too.
Stop Mino:lol:
Good left foot, seriously ?:sergio:

Khedira has the stamina of a 40yo. The total opposite of Matuidi who runs as fast from 1 to 90 minutes, and has a very strong body so he suffers less injuries than any other players from PSG besides Cavani.
Yeah but matuidi doesn't have brain and technical.
Do not be hurt this makes it a good player?:shifty:

Upgrade ? He's in behind Pjanic, Khedira and Marchisio.

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017
Stop Mino:lol:
Good left foot, seriously ?:sergio:
Yeah good left foot. The problem he has with dribbling is actually because he's exclusively a left foot player. He can't do much with his right foot.

But what do I know, I only watch him playing for 5 years now.

Yeah but matuidi doesn't have brain and technical.
Do not be hurt this makes it a good player?
No brain? Ok dude.

Upgrade ? He's in behind Pjanic, Khedira and Marchisio.
Sure, keep your khedira then.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Gonna ask again, but how many of you guys watched more than 10 Matuidi games this last season (France games asides)?
I seen him 5-6 times for PSG in the last year and a couple of times for the national team. I also seen him quite a few times in the years before that and I doubt he has changed a lot in the last few years.
Either you are seriously underestimating Khedira or overestimating Matuidi. Both are good players but not top CM's. Matuidi is more dynamic and my book that is his best attribute. The CM we need is a player who will cover the defense, help on defensive set playes, and help distributing the ball. N'Zonzi and Fabinho Are those kind of players definetly not Matuidi. If he comes and Khedira is still here I seriously doubt that Max is going to bench Sami for Matuidi.

And regarding the youth vs 30 year old player. If Dybala gets sold after 2 years we will get 80m+, it looks like Alex Sandro will be sold for 60m+, giving us funds for new transfers. Matuidi wont have any value at all after 3 years. If he was a hugh upgrade like Tevez, Alves etc that is fine. If it is for a player like Matuidi it is just bad business and it wont bring us closer to winning the CHL next year and it will definely bring us further away from winning it in 3-4 years.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009

I'm not a huge fan of Matuidi, but, who cares if we'd have to make another move to buy a midfielder in two years? It's not like if we buy a young promising player who'd become absolute WC in two seasons we'd keep him. The board will sell the guy as soon as a good offer comes up.
This is the reality of the new Juve: We won't have any position covered for years to come. Period. No matter how good a player we land. Everyone is sell-able.
Right now the other option is Nzonzi and, in this new perspective these two aren't that different. Both will do moderately fine.

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017
I seen him 5-6 times for PSG in the last year and a couple of times for the national team. I also seen him quite a few times in the years before that and I doubt he has changed a lot in the last few years.
Either you are seriously underestimating Khedira or overestimating Matuidi. Both are good players but not top CM's. Matuidi is more dynamic and my book that is his best attribute. The CM we need is a player who will cover the defense, help on defensive set playes, and help distributing the ball. N'Zonzi and Fabinho Are those kind of players definetly not Matuidi. If he comes and Khedira is still here I seriously doubt that Max is going to bench Sami for Matuidi.

And regarding the youth vs 30 year old player. If Dybala gets sold after 2 years we will get 80m+, it looks like Alex Sandro will be sold for 60m+, giving us funds for new transfers. Matuidi wont have any value at all after 3 years. If he was a hugh upgrade like Tevez, Alves etc that is fine. If it is for a player like Matuidi it is just bad business and it wont bring us closer to winning the CHL next year and it will definely bring us further away from winning it in 3-4 years.
I watch both PSG, and Juve, and imo, Matuidi is way better defensively than Khedira. Now yes, Fabinho is better than both if you want to compare. But miracle asides, Fabinho will not come here.

And you're wrong, in 2-3 years, chinese clubs will still pay at least as much as Juve would pay now for him, so no big deal. Unless new regulations in the chinese league, but so far from what I heard, they tend to lean towards lessening the restrictions instead of forging new ones.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I watch both PSG, and Juve, and imo, Matuidi is way better defensively than Khedira. Now yes, Fabinho is better than both if you want to compare. But miracle asides, Fabinho will not come here.

And you're wrong, in 2-3 years, chinese clubs will still pay at least as much as Juve would pay now for him, so no big deal. Unless new regulations in the chinese league, but so far from what I heard, they tend to lean towards lessening the restrictions instead of forging new ones.
I dont think we should base our decisions, on the glimmer of hope that the Chinese are still braindead in three years. Tevez went for 5m, Alves went for free, Pirlo went for free, and you are telling me that we could expect a 33 year old Matuidi to be sold for 25m+. Good luck with that.

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017
Tevez went for 5m, Alves went for free, Pirlo went for free
What does the chinese clubs have to do with management that let players leave for free?

And Tevez went from Boca To Shenhua. He would have been sold for more if he went from Juve to Shenhua.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)