Blaise Matuidi - DM - PSG (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Didnt Deschamps use him in a 4231 last summer at the Euros, past the groupstage when he realized Kante is shit?

GK
Defense
Pogba Matuidi
Sissoko Payet Griezmann
Giroud

Jun 6, 2015
Did we sign him? Didn't think so.
Only because the PSG owner pulled the plug in the end. Don't know how concrete our interest is this time around but we definitely wanted him here last summer.

- - - Updated - - -

Didnt Deschamps use him in a 4231 last summer at the Euros, past the groupstage when he realized Kante is shit?

GK
Defense
Pogba Matuidi
Sissoko Griezmann Payet
Giroud
Yes he did. He's still first choice for France in the current qualifiers.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah, but wasnt Pogba used in an inferior role ?

I personally found that very odd.
He 1st used Pogba as a wide RCM in a 433 where he couldnt cut in and shoot/create like he did at Juve where he was a mezzala. Then he moved to a 4231 because they struggled with Kante at DM (awful ball distribution) with Pogba as the deep playmaker and Matuidi as the more advanced CM. It was better than the awful 433 but still not the best they could have done with that squad imo, as both Pogba and Griezmann were out of position, and ofcourse Giroud was playing

Jun 6, 2015
He 1st used Pogba as a wide RCM in a 433 where he couldnt cut in and shoot/create like he did at Juve where he was a mezzala. Then he moved to a 4231 because they struggled with Kante at DM (awful ball distribution) with Pogba as the deep playmaker and Matuidi as the more advanced CM. It was better than the awful 433 but still not the best they could have done with that squad imo, as both Pogba and Griezmann were out of position, and ofcourse Giroud was playing
Griezmann played in his favored SS/AM position in the 4-2-3-1. It was Payet who played wide left.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
This guy is the definition of struggle, i thought we were past the days of watching pro footballers struggle to receive a pass, control a ball, pass the ball, dribble, shoot. Essentially I thought we were past the days of sissoko, poulsen and matree

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
France basically changed the formation from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1 to get the most out of Griezmann. He started the competition playing wide right but didn't really play that well so they moved him to the center and build the team around him.
:tup:

They also had trouble moving the ball in midfield so they benched Kante and moved Pogba to DM. I really find it hard to believe that France didnt have a good enough player to start there so DD definitely deserves blame for his player selection

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
:tup:

They also had trouble moving the ball in midfield so they benched Kante and moved Pogba to DM. I really find it hard to believe that France didnt have a good enough player to start there so DD definitely deserves blame for his player selection
If i were french coach I'd leave Pogba at home, and then make it to the finals. Then get the players to sit down during French athem during finals, make it clear they spit on France. Then after I win WC, i say this for Somalia. Karim says this for Algeria, Griezzman says this for Germany/Portugal, other says this for Senagal/Mali/etc.

Lots of anger in france, I get fired, but i have WC full of tears.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
If i were french coach I'd leave Pogba at home, and then make it to the finals. Then get the players to sit down during French athem during finals, make it clear they spit on France. Then after I win WC, i say this for Somalia. Karim says this for Algeria, Griezzman says this for Germany/Portugal, other says this for Senagal/Mali/etc.

Lots of anger in france, I get fired, but i have WC full of tears.
What would you do with Giroud, Evra and Lloris?

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
What would you do with Giroud, Evra and Lloris?
Lloris is starting obviously, #2 goalkeeper in the world, when he win he says this for Catalunia, Evra is gonna stay home and watch from home, too old and expired. Giroud :lol: Giroud?!?! giroud will be guest in squad, but not in squad and will have duty to take notes on how to play football

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Lloris is starting obviously, #2 goalkeeper in the world, when he win he says this for Catalunia, Evra is gonna stay home and watch from home, too old and expired. Giroud :lol: Giroud?!?! giroud will be guest in squad, but not in squad and will have duty to take notes on how to play football
:lol:

Now thats a team deserving of a WC crown

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I look forward to us missing out on this guy for the 2nd year in a row.

Decent player but he's 30, we need someone we can get 2 contracts out of

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017
I look forward to us missing out on this guy for the 2nd year in a row.

Decent player but he's 30, we need someone we can get 2 contracts out of
Sandro stayed two years, and apparently will be sold. Don't see the problem if Matuidi stays two years. He'll probably sign for 3 years, and be sold in two years in China whatever.

Now you people think he can't do much in two years. Ok. Let's agree to disagree then.

Hope Juve will find somebody that will fit your tastes. But if Juve ends with somebody "worse" than the Matuidi you imagine he is... Oh boy.

Alves stayed 1 year, and did awesome in CL. Alves wasn't the reason Juve didn't win the CL final, but because young supposed star players like Dybala didn't show up at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)