Blaise Matuidi - DM - PSG (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Anyway, the most important now is: can Matuidi play DM? If not, and if Asamoah keeps reasonably fit, this is a waste of money to me.
think he played in a 2 man midfield few times but i dont think Allegri will ever use him in marchisios place. maybe the only other position he would play other than LCM is LM in a 442

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What a load of crap. I just stated that over 50 % of our squad is at least 30 next summer. Assuming AS, Pjanic, Higuain and Dybala are starters it will be 64 % of our starters who will be a least 30. Thats 7 players from our starting eleven who is at least 30. Assuming we have around a 60 mil. transferbudget every summer how are you going to replace the players mentioned with equally or better quality players without selling some of our younger players? Are we going to rely on Beppe to keep buying players below there value. Are we going to rely on every player in our squad to keep performing at the highest level to they are 32-33 years old. The fact stands that we will have the oldest squad and starting 11 among the European elite, and that could potentially be a recipe for problems, no matter how much you distort the facts.
What a joke this post is. Keep distorting everything. Replacing Chiello and Barza with Rugani and Benatia which is pretty clearly the plan over the next year or two reduces that average age of our starters by 1.5 years. So it becomes 29.

You clearly don't understand, or are unwilling to understand how much our aging defensive line skews our average age. And how we've already started bringing in younger replacements, and how defensive players are by far the cheapest.

Continue please with nonsense about how we are too old, and how our management is oblivious to this.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Sooo, he cant play DM it seems.

This is really bad, because it will inevitable push Pjanic to regista or as an AM. I really wanted him as a CM.

We go from Pirlo - Marchisio - Pogba - Vidal to Pjanic - Marchisio - Matuidi - Khedira.

Funny thing is that Matuidi is pretty much the opposite to Khedira. He is stronger and much faster, relies on physicality, poorly skilled. Khedira is slow and kind of soft, but technical and intelligent.

Both of them combined may make a Vidal or a Pogba. :(

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Sooo, he cant play DM it seems.

This is really bad, because it will inevitable push Pjanic to regista or as an AM. I really wanted him as a CM.

We go from Pirlo - Marchisio - Pogba - Vidal to Pjanic - Marchisio - Matuidi - Khedira.

Funny thing is that Matuidi is pretty much the opposite to Khedira. He is stronger and much faster, relies on physicality, poorly skilled. Khedira is slow and kind of soft, but technical and intelligent.

Both of them combined may make a Vidal or a Pogba. :(
So much nonsense here :lol2: He can definitely play DM.

Khedira soft :lol: He knocked over Vidal like a toy in the Bayern match.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Should've tried for Krychowiak early in the Mercato.

Same strory the last two mercatos, we start the mercato really great, lose a star MF and we fail to replace him adequatly.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

Same strory the last two mercatos, we start the mercato really great, lose a star MF and we fail to replace him adequatly.
Which player can replace Pogba 1 for 1? He cost 105m. Are we supposed to spend that much on another CM? We bought Pjanic to replace him and strengthened every area of the team by a huge amount. Stop talking nonsense. A direct replacement isn't necessary as long as the team is stronger.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

Yeah that guy looked like he'd fit like a glove.

As for Matuidi, it's more insurance signing more then anything. We'll all be greatful for the signing once we get some injuries in the mid, and our midfielders aren't the sturdiest guys around either.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Which player can replace Pogba 1 for 1? He cost 105m. Are we supposed to spend that much on another CM? We bought Pjanic to replace him and strengthened every area of the team by a huge amount. Stop talking nonsense. A direct replacement isn't necessary as long as the team is stronger.
Okey :shifty:

Yeah that guy looked like he'd fit like a glove.

As for Matuidi, it's more insurance signing more then anything. We'll all be greatful for the signing once we get some injuries in the mid, and our midfielders aren't the sturdiest guys around either.
My real concern is the price 30mil and the wages he will get.

For the right price and reasonable wages he would be welcome here.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Btw @Osman

You are 32 - do you still breath on your own? I'm 28 and after reading all this i fear imma drop dead in 2 years.
I know. I'm 29 and I feel life slipping away after reading this thread. I thought life expectancy was 80 or something. Turns out it's 34.

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
If we can afford it (sure we can), I don't mind Matuidi. He's pretty decent and he is exactly what we need right now. Of course I would love me a James, but Matuidi will do.

As for the average age of the squad, I'm not worried. It's perfect to win CL and I'm sure Marotta and co have planned everything for the future. Don't forget he's a man of opportunities, he doesn't do stuff just because.

Jun 6, 2015
Neto (27)

Benatia (29) Bonucci (29) Rugani (22)

Cuadrado (28) Sturaro (23) Lemina (23) Pjanic (26) Alex Sandro (25)

Dybala (23) Higuain (28 :hihi:)

this is without considering the signings we will make in the coming 5-6 years and without considering players out on loan and we have options on like Mandragora, Sensi, Lirola, Donsah, Bentancur, Cubas etc. people really need to stop overreacting about everything
You forgot Pjaca and Berardi. Not to mention we have some very promising youngster coming trough and I'm sure we want to get some of them through because of the new regulations. Guys like Kastanos, Cassata, Kean and others can make their mark in the future.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You forgot Pjaca and Berardi. Not to mention we have some very promising youngster coming trough and I'm sure we want to get some of them through because of the new regulations. Guys like Kastanos, Cassata, Kean and others can make their mark in the future.
Audero as well.

And there is a defender as well that is very highly regarded, but his name escapes me. It might be Romagna, but I could be wrong

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Btw @Osman

You are 32 - do you still breath on your own? I'm 28 and after reading all this i fear imma drop dead in 2 years.

You should be so lucky to perish at 30! :pepedinho: There's nothing to live for I tell ya, I can barely unclench by butt without busting a rib. This is me this morning, 32 years ancient :help: :

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)