Blaise Matuidi - DM - PSG (51 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He shouldn't be playing ahead of a fit Asamoah that's for sure.

I don't like Pjanic palying as a CDM too. it limits him.

When claudio come back it will be a tough one for Allegri. Go with the better players and play

Pjanic---Marchisio---Khedira but we lack so much physicality and that MF will be so slow. Drop Khedira and play Asamoah or go with Pjanic as AM and drop a CB.

Don't know what's the plan, but with our injury record i think we will end up playing something like

Pjanic----Hernanes----Matuidi :lol:
he definitely will. we arent signing a 30M 3rd choice LCM, thats for sure

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Squad is too old? What about Rugani, Bonucci, Benatia, Sandro, Lemina, Pjanic, Pjaca, Sturaro, Dybala... Even Matuidi (if he comes), Marchisio, Asamoah, Khedira, Higuain, Mandzukic, Cuadrado (if he comes) arent that old and they got at least 3 years on top level. We can slowly adjust the age in that period of time.
It's not too old today. But it will get too old in 2 years, unless we offload a bunch of players. And if timing isnt right, we could be in trouble.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Yeah because Asamoah has been beasting around central midfield for the last few years while Matuidi has been out injured or playing as a wingback. Man some posts here are so absurd it's not even funny anymore.
Yeah because Matuidi has been beasting for years. Wonder why PSG wants to sell him then knowing they are thin on the MF.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Well laws of supply and demand dictates prices even in football.Supply have decreased because a lot of clubs dont want to sell their midfilders and its end of august so this price for Matuidi is reasonable considering all factors.
Yep. The timing is wrong, so its not like we didnt have a choice to solve this shit out 2 months ago.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Exactly.

Good to have Beppe as our manager and not some tuz users.

We'd end up signing 10 18-year olds every summer.

Matuidi is in his prime. He's no Pogba, but a proven CM. And that's what we needed, a topclass CM for rotation, and not a 20 year old gamble. €30m is too much imo, but in todays market it's an ok price.
Nah, let's not twist everything either. I'm happy with the experience we got, but we need balance at a certain point if we want the hunger to keep going. Younger players have more usually and are desparate to prove themselves (at least those that are worth it).

Balance that's all.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
he definitely will. we arent signing a 30M 3rd choice LCM, thats for sure
Big mistake then, i watched both of them enough to know that a fit asamoah is a better player.

And 30 mil for a 29 years old Matuidi is absurd. Wether to be a starter or 3rd choice. We shouldn't be signing him for that amount of money.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Would it make sense to pay so much for him to be a backup?

Agreed about how soft and slow that midfield looks.

Expensive bench option huh?

Maybe we will see that 4-3-1-2 more often in CL after all. Kinda makes sense
Its needed even if price isnt ideal, since our entire midfield is either injury prone/suferring major injury, suck hard (Hernanes, Stururu)or called Lemina and Pjanic.

- - - Updated - - -

Big mistake then, i watched both of them enough to know that a fit asamoah is a better player.

And 30 mil for a 29 years old Matuidi is absurd. Wether to be a starter or 3rd choice. We shouldn't be signing him for that amount of money.
Asamoah is defenitely better technically, but ffs what has he done in 3 years for you to be comfortable with relying on him?

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
He shouldn't be playing ahead of a fit Asamoah that's for sure.

I don't like Pjanic palying as a CDM too. it limits him.

When claudio come back it will be a tough one for Allegri. Go with the better players and play

Pjanic---Marchisio---Khedira but we lack so much physicality and that MF will be so slow. Drop Khedira and play Asamoah or go with Pjanic as AM and drop a CB.

Don't know what's the plan, but with our injury record i think we will end up playing something like

Pjanic----Hernanes----Matuidi :lol:
That's not a bad thing. Quality players fighting for spots is what a team needs.

Plenty of games in a season, enough space for Matiuidi and Asa.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It's not too old today. But it will get too old in 2 years, unless we offload a bunch of players. And if timing isnt right, we could be in trouble.
You realize within one year span we added 15-16 players to the squad? And you worry about how we will look in 2-3 years from now?

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Depends on what you mean undid? Evra is old so after being quality placeholder for the left flank until Sandro came. Similar sitaution with Tevez being replaced by Dybala. Our defence is ageing specifically with 35 year old Barzagli, and he gets a younger equal level player in Benatia. Yes he is 29, but solving the ageing problem doesnt mean just getting Rugani level youngsters (who is there directly to replace Chiellini in long term), but also gradually addressing the problem, and getting 29 year old for that position is fine and not too old, nearly 6 years younger. Only way we lost our WC level youngsters are Morata and Pogba, and former is completely out of our hands, and latter wanted to leave and did for a record sum. Former is replaced by 5 years older player, not ideal for rejuvenation, but said player is considerably more deadly then Morata so its certaintly fine. Pogba is a big loss both in quality and youth, but ageing wise Pjanic isnt old, only 3 years older.

Now what we need to remember is the goal of the club, CL, which means we dont necessarily need to be thinking long term goals right now but immediate one. And secondly, why do you assume we are thinking short term? If anything, Marotta is showing he is very willing to pounce and make major changes in the squad quickly. Meaning just because we arent signing young studs this summer, doesnt mean we wont soon again, he is the same guy who signed Pogba, Morata, Rugani, Sandro, Coman, Lemina, Pjaca and Dybala as soon as opportunities for them were there.

Its all about timing and opportunities available, and how your fincances look at the time. We waited a little more for long term solution for LB by getting Evra first, that did not mean he didnt have Sandro in mind when he did, only that no market opportunity for it or something else is prioritized that specific summer but he had his eye on that ball for long term anyways. He pretty much has that for all positions, we wouldnt be in this high level state of our team and squad if he didnt. So us signing Dani Alves, ONLY OLD PLAYER WE SIGNED THIS SUMMER, look at it as another Evra sitaution IMO (except MUCH BETTER :star: ), and think what kind of quality younger RB are we looking at? I hope its Bruno Peres more so then DSC...

The rest? 28-29 year olds arent too old, they will have plenty of years to service us in top level if they are good enough. And when the opportunities arise Paratrici and Marotta will pounce on top quality youngsters. As they have for past years. They elevate their goals and ambitions for signings gradually ever since the quantity of mediocrity when starting out, we should defenitely be confident they will handle this well. Only thing we should question is their ability to sign quality AM :D

P.S I did not mention the only really old player we have Gigi's replacement, simply because its insane task for any sporting director to try address replacement for...and also because Gigi is a $#@!ing highlander. He can retire anytime he wants :touched:
I agree with what you said.

But again, we simply had a better balance regarding the future 1 year ago. Present is pretty damn good, but he'll have to keep doing moves to restore the balance. The best they do is to find talent, so I'm not really worried about that.

For the next year, Berardi coming is almost a certainty, that will count. CB position is OK for now. We'll need a RB pretty soon though, and GK must be a priority from next offseason on. But the ageing of the midfield is the one that worries me more.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Are you being wilfully ignorant on purpose here? Or are you just plain blind to the list you just compiled?

Our squad age is massively skewed by our defense and keeper. Our midfield and attack are the perfect mix of youth and experience.

And would you look at that... once Rugani replaces Barza... potentially next summer... 13 years right there dropped. And would you look at that, average starters age becomes 29.5.

The fact that you apocalyptic doomsayers are melting down and completely ignoring the fact, that replacing just Barza and Buffon with even 25 year olds would lower our average starter age to around 28 is hilarious. You skew facts so massively. Our squad age is old because we have arguably the best defensive trio, and the best keeper in football, and we're not pushing them out just so we can claim to have a youthful squad. Because they are still world class players.

The funny part is we have already started signing players to replace them. Guys like Alex Sandro and Rugani to replace Evra and Barzagli... Next we're in need of a young RB/RWB to replace Alves/Licht... Scary, we have one pressing need next summer due to age. 1. Not several one.

And we won't be signing a young keeper to sit on the bench and make only Coppa appearances for the next 2-3 years behind Buffon. We'll probably sign a young keeper when Buffon has 1 year left, assuming none of our keepers on loan turn into worthy replacements.

What a joke this nonsense is. We literally have 1 position we have to worry about age with next summer. You really should go into details instead of spouting nonsense that completely ignores such factors as defensive players and keepers being able to play much longer in general at world class levels. And the fact we've already effectively replaced our 2 oldest defensive players in Barza and Evra with Rugani and Sandro.

But keep up the meltdown over age. It will provide great comedic value in the future when it becomes apparent how much of a non-issue this is.
What a load of crap. I just stated that over 50 % of our squad is at least 30 next summer. Assuming AS, Pjanic, Higuain and Dybala are starters it will be 64 % of our starters who will be a least 30. Thats 7 players from our starting eleven who is at least 30. Assuming we have around a 60 mil. transferbudget every summer how are you going to replace the players mentioned with equally or better quality players without selling some of our younger players? Are we going to rely on Beppe to keep buying players below there value. Are we going to rely on every player in our squad to keep performing at the highest level to they are 32-33 years old. The fact stands that we will have the oldest squad and starting 11 among the European elite, and that could potentially be a recipe for problems, no matter how much you distort the facts.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Nah, let's not twist everything either. I'm happy with the experience we got, but we need balance at a certain point if we want the hunger to keep going. Younger players have more usually and are desparate to prove themselves (at least those that are worth it).

Balance that's all.
I agree, I defenitely want more quality young players, but its not alarming as some of these posts make it sound, thats all. I'm convinced as soon as quality young options are there we will get them.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Its needed even if price isnt ideal, since our entire midfield is either injury prone/suferring major injury, suck hard (Hernanes, Stururu)or called Lemina and Pjanic.

- - - Updated - - -

Asamoah is defenitely better technically, but ffs what has he done in 3 years for you to be comfortable with relying on him?
I said when he's fit about Asamoah, and a player of that profile is what i wanted for our MF. Someone who can offer something offensively while being a good defensive presence. Something Asamoah can be.

Matuidi is very limited offensively and his defensive output is not Vidal like to justify the price especially at his age.

Starting him especially in a 3-5-2 will lack creativity and it will definetely hurts us in europe. I could stomack playing him in a 4 man MF with an AM because it will mask his offensive limits but in a 3 man MF i am really not comfortable with the idea especially in the CL.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

But again, we simply had a better balance regarding the future 1 year ago. Present is pretty damn good, but he'll have to keep doing moves to restore the balance. The best they do is to find talent, so I'm not really worried about that.

For the next year, Berardi coming is almost a certainty, that will count. CB position is OK for now. We'll need a RB pretty soon though, and GK must be a priority from next offseason on. But the ageing of the midfield is the one that worries me more.
Ageing of the midfield doesnt worry me, the quality of the midfield does compared to the past insane quality.

The thing is with having so much of the backup and starting level settled, it frees up our budget to focus on just quality additions, younger ones that tend to be pricy unless they are lesser known gems. So pretty sure thats what we will be focusing on, as we did last season by spending 67m on Dybala and Sandro alone.

Only priority is RB for coming year or two, and thats pretty much it age wise. Rest is all about getting better quality and nothing else.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008

After what happened this mercato I don't know how guaranteed Berardi is.

The reason for an older squad is because we have the primary objective of Champions League. Dani Alves and Matiudi have that CL experience and knowledge.

Kian

Jul 22, 2011
What a load of crap. I just stated that over 50 % of our squad is at least 30 next summer. Assuming AS, Pjanic, Higuain and Dybala are starters it will be 64 % of our starters who will be a least 30. Thats 7 players from our starting eleven who is at least 30. Assuming we have around a 60 mil. transferbudget every summer how are you going to replace the players mentioned with equally or better quality players without selling some of our younger players? Are we going to rely on Beppe to keep buying players below there value. Are we going to rely on every player in our squad to keep performing at the highest level to they are 32-33 years old. The fact stands that we will have the oldest squad and starting 11 among the European elite, and that could potentially be a recipe for problems, no matter how much you distort the facts.
Don't forget the Dybala money :snoop:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)