Blaise Matuidi - DM - PSG (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
People here talking about Matuidi like we are signing Padoin FFS!!! Have anyone read Veratti's interview, the guy is full of prize for Matuidi, and people here see him as a literally cripple who is about to retire...

Buy on AliExpress.com

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
yeah but we sold vidal and probably on a discount because he wanted out, same with pogba. Its our policy to blame.

Hm.. ok i can see the other side. Which is matuidi wants out too..
Haha that was funny as hell.

- - - Updated - - -

We signed so many of course I was going to forget one :beppe:

To be fair, it seems obvious now that he wanted out and asked to leave. Just look at his recent comments.
If Matuidi comes, he'll be saying the same shit some time after. Or did Vidal wanted to leave "more" than Matuidi? Lol.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
People here talking about Matuidi like we are signing Padoin FFS!!! Have anyone read Veratti's interview, the guy is full of prize for Matuidi, and people here see him as a literally cripple who is about to retire...
Better Matuidi for 25-30m than Schweinsteiger for free. Not exactly thrilled with this signing but overall the team is looking great.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Haha that was funny as hell.
:hi: wasnt meant to be funny, but hell thats right. They both want out and I guess its how much the selling club values the player at. PSG will be the happier one, probably not in the short term because matuidi is/was going to be a legend for them but price wise they got themselves a good deal and I wouldnt be suprised if Raiola himself played a part. Ironically he played a part in us fucking ourselves twice this season...

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
We paid 32m for a much better and younger player named Pjanic just recently.
set release clause vs club that is reluctant to sell

- - - Updated - - -

The difference is he asked after we became interested. IIRC Vidal wanted to go to Bayern while he was still in Leverkusen but the club wouldn't let him.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
The difference is he asked after we became interested. IIRC Vidal wanted to go to Bayern while he was still in Leverkusen but the club wouldn't let him.
Yes but thats irrelevant, the fact that vidal deep down had some erotic fantasy to play at bayern whilst he was at leverkusen and before he came to Juve shouldnt matter. Its what he asked for when he was at Juve. There is absolutely nothing to suggest bayern were not interested in Vidal before he asked to leave. In most cases its the agents who are contacted first. These are subtleties and certainly shouldnt dictate what a selling club asks for. Bottom line both wanted out.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
It's exactly the same situation.

Every club, before making a move to the other club, gets in touch with a player's agent to see if the guy is interested.

Bayern made a "sondaggio" to Vidal, he was interested.

Juve made a "sondaggio" to Matuidi, he was interested.

Marotta asked Vidal if he indeed wanted to leave to Bayern and if he would accept their contract offer, he said yes.

PSG did or do the same with Matuidi.

Then teams will proceed to negotiate the fee. If it's not good enough, you just dont do it. Point blank. Thats for both clubs.

If every player who gets a decent offer grabs the club by the balls, we are fucked. It's not how it works. Contracts exist not only for the interest of the player. It's a mutual parties bond.

I just think this is a poor decision, and as I said before, it's not only about Matuidi quality, but about his characteristics.

We've got rid of important assets (i.e., young players with resale value) in a very short space of time (Vidal, Coman, Pogba, Morata, even Pereyra and Zaza) and now we are clearly unbalanced in terms of age.

Even Lemina has already said that his priority is "to play", and that's not happening a lot now, probably. We need WC experienced players and to develop youth at the same time, and that is a big questionmark now.

Marotta will need to sell one or two of these too many 28-32 yrs players we have the next years and replace with WC youngsters, if we want to keep financials in a healthy state.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

Every club, before making a move to the other club, gets in touch with a player's agent to see if the guy is interested.

Marotta asked Vidal if he indeed wanted to leave to Bayern and if he would accept their contract offer, he said yes.

Then teams will proceed to negotiate the fee. If it's not good enough, you just dont do it. Point blank. Thats for both clubs.

If every player who gets a decent offer grabs the club by the balls, we are $#@!ed. It's not how it works. Contracts exist not only for the interest of the player. It's a mutual parties bond.

almost but no, unlike other clubs we have a policy that is not to keep a player or convince a player to stay against their wish.

There are numerous examples of clubs and transfer out there where a club has gone and convinced the player to stay. You could argue this is because they have offered a new contract or by other means. Whether its healthy to convince or force a player to stay is another matter.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

If every player who gets a decent offer grabs the club by the balls, we are fucked. It's not how it works. Contracts exist not only for the interest of the player. It's a mutual parties bond.

I just think this is a poor decision, and as I said before, it's not only about Matuidi quality, but about his characteristics.

We've got rid of important assets (i.e., young players with resale value) in a very short space of time (Vidal, Coman, Pogba, Morata, even Pereyra and Zaza) and now we are clearly unbalanced in terms of age.

Even Lemina has already said that his priority is "to play", and that's not happening a lot now, probably. We need WC experienced players and to develop youth at the same time, and that is a big questionmark now.

Marotta will need to sell one or two of these too many 28-32 yrs players we have the next years and replace with WC youngsters, if we want to keep financials in a healthy state
With all due respect. You don' think Marotta knows this? This is the guy who has helped spearhead a revenue increase from 160 milion to 350 million in 6 years. He doesn't appear to be the Galliani type of director to suddenly let this team get old all at once.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I'm sure he does. And I know it because he did it in the past years, and especifically talked about it - trying to low the average age of the squad.

But now he pretty much undid all of that, so, who knows.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Squad is too old? What about Rugani, Bonucci, Benatia, Sandro, Lemina, Pjanic, Pjaca, Sturaro, Dybala... Even Matuidi (if he comes), Marchisio, Asamoah, Khedira, Higuain, Mandzukic, Cuadrado (if he comes) arent that old and they got at least 3 years on top level. We can slowly adjust the age in that period of time.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
Well laws of supply and demand dictates prices even in football.Supply have decreased because a lot of clubs dont want to sell their midfilders and its end of august so this price for Matuidi is reasonable considering all factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)