Blaise Matuidi - DM - PSG (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Oh my God that would be beautiful, Jem, it really would be. Imagine how amazing that moment would be? And you know what his response would be?

:beppe:
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

this exactly. although it was 25% as far as i remember.
we basically never owned pogba. we owned 75% of him and when 100% of him got sold for 105m we pocketed our share and raiola took his.
and i´m more than happy that we made this deal instead of missing out on freaking pogba for free as EVERY SINGLE OTHER CLUB did.
Thats a fair and legitimate point. However something we will never really know is how we came to an agreement around pogba, how much exactly we were coerced, There were rumours that the deal was being stalled on the fact that we wanted utd to pay the commision etc, which would obviously lead to an increase to the overall transfer price. It just seems more than likely that despite contractual terms raiola played every bit sneaky and subjugating Juve to accept. You could argue that thats whats agents are, but lets face it his a whole different breed. Not a nice person to deal with but of course its not raiola, it should be us! We were the ones who agreed and gave to the demands and at the end bent backwards to buy the 'house' or pay most if not all of raiolas fees. Of course its all speculation and who knows how happy we actually were with the deal.
:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Aside from spending €80m on James how else could we improve the starting 11?
Where? Honestly. CM, and he's a CM.

FWIW I like Matuidi, he's a great team player, but I think Pogba has spoiled a lot of people. We were not going to sign a similar player. Matuidi is a player who can start for Juventus, and he's an insurance policy for Asamoah on top. I'd rather not pay €30m for him but that buys you relatively little now, especially if you want to buy from a team like PSG.
Yeah getting a top CM is what i am talking about and don't tell me Matuidi is one because very far from that.

We knew we are selling Pogba for a long time by how thing folded, so we could've moved quickly to get a top MF to replace him.

Our aim is the CL, and it's clear by our acquisitions and to achieve that you don't go and weaken what made a great team the last years.
I am ok with selling Pogba if it meant the overall quality of the team is raised, which maybe we did. But we are one injury away for Pjanic/Dybala and we are done.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Yeah getting a top CM is what i am talking about and don't tell me Matuidi is one because very far from that.

We knew we are selling Pogba for a long time by how thing folded, so we could've moved quickly to get a top MF to replace him.

Our aim is the CL, and it's clear by our acquisitions and to achieve that you don't go and weaken what made a great team the last years.
I am ok with selling Pogba if it meant the overall quality of the team is raised, which maybe we did. But we are one injury away for Pjanic/Dybala and we are done.
Pjanic doesn't replace Pogba?

Signing Higuain, Pjanic, Dani Alves, Benatia, Matuidi :)xfinger:) and Cuadrado :)xfinger:) and selling Pogba and Morata and the team is only maybe stronger. Come on...

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Can people just stop spreading bs that we paid Raiola's fee? I know that the club announced we made like a ~75mln profit out of the deal but if we did pay Raiola's fee than what happened to Pogba's wages we've been paying to him for four years? We easily spent around 15 mln for his salary during his time here. Where are those monies?

- - - Updated - - -

... and replace them with lgor Tudor from tuz :agree:
Doesn't work like that, if this was true, a lot of players sold would normally have negative value.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
As

Pjanic doesn't replace Pogba?

Signing Higuain, Pjanic, Dani Alves, Benatia, Matuidi :)xfinger:) and Cuadrado :)xfinger:) and selling Pogba and Morata and the team is only maybe stronger. Come on...
Remains to be seen how this group will perform, Scudetto is no worry, we are definetely winning that.

The aim is to go far in the CL, and the team that made the final, strongest point was the MF, now we moved away from that, we are very thin at the MF. One injury to Pjanic and we have no Creativity in the MF.

My only concern is that its clear we knew Pogba was leaving, why didn't we move quicky to get quality players to replace him and have an insurrance when the inevitable will happen and Khedira will go down and Marchisio will never be the same player.

- - - Updated - - -

30 + mil for 29 years old Matuidi is absurd. Let alone the wages he'll command to come here knowing he's on huge wages right now.

juventinovero

Sep 12, 2011
As

Remains to be seen how this group will perform, Scudetto is no worry, we are definetely winning that.

The aim is to go far in the CL, and the team that made the final, strongest point was the MF, now we moved away from that, we are very thin at the MF. One injury to Pjanic and we have no Creativity in the MF.

My only concern is that its clear we knew Pogba was leaving, why didn't we move quicky to get quality players to replace him and have an insurrance when the inevitable will happen and Khedira will go down and Marchisio will never be the same player.

- - - Updated - - -

30 + mil for 29 years old Matuidi is absurd. Let alone the wages he'll command to come here knowing he's on huge wages right now.
The team that made the final didn't have Pogba for the majority of the knockout rounds.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I understand your concerns @Cheesio , I really do, but I think your stance on these issues lack a bit of nuance. For instance, an injury to Pjanic won't mean that we will have "no" creativity in midfield, because against Fiorentina we created plenty. That Pjanic is our most creative midfielder, though, I will not dispute. He certainly is. Same with your stance on Matuidi. According to you he "can't pass", "can't shoot" etc. I'm not saying Matuidi is at Pogba's level or anything, because clearly he is not. But it's just way too harsh, mane. I'm not Matuidi's biggest fan either, objectively speaking, and I believe I have uttered earlier in the summer that I hope we get someone else. At this point, though, I'm more positive about it, as I now see him as the best we can bring in compared to other options.

The fact that our net spend this summer (aquisitions & sales) are around the zero mark, I don't have much qualms about the transfer fee either. We're getting a very experienced midfielder, who had plenty of good matches for PSG and France. It could be worse.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

The whole point of this mercato is to make the team so much stronger in almost every position, it's obvious. We've only signed quality players including starters. So as you say if we receive an injury to someone important like Pjanic/Dybala, it shouldn't affect us too much because the overall quality of the team is very high. They have seen that already in 14-15 with Tevez carrying the whole team to the final.

We signed Pjanic before the transfer window opened, how is that not replacing him quickly since they knew he was leaving??? Matuidi is exactly the insurance, a high level reliable player that will help us to challenge for the CL for a few years. He's expensive but there weren't many good options the whole window, we were linked with Mascherano but he decided to stay. 30m for a high level midfielder from a reluctant PSG is not absurd. Expensive maybe but not absurd.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
For all we know, and this is in fact very likely if you ask me, the arrangement Raiola had that netted him 20 % of the transfer fee, was part of the deal that took Pogba to Juventus in the first place. These 20 % was not "robbery" as those terms were not set this summer. They were always part of the arrangement. No other explanation makes any sense in my opinion, as Juve would not have paid the agent fee unless they absolutely had to. And when a company absolutely has to, it has to be contractual reasons for it. So those 20 % to Raiola had to have been part of the initial deal (in 2012).

In 2012, a highly sought after young midfielder did not want to renew with United. Juve saw an opportunity, Raiola saw an opportunity, and in the end both Raiola and Juve got what they wanted out of this, and Pogba as well. Wouldn't call that robbery.

The fact that we're dealing with Raiola again just confirms this, imo.
Pretty much this. I talked about robbery, but was just ranting a bit. As I said before, this comission thing is just a cover for a third part owning player's rights.

And imo it's likely Pogba got a big chunk of that, so he could be also interested on a milliionaire move - he was going to make astronomical wages anyway.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
2015: sell 28yr old Arturo Vidal, the best box-to-box CM in the world, for 37+3.

2016: buys 29 yr old Blaise Matuidi for 30+4.

The player doesn't impress me, I have the feeling he cant really pass well.

He is old, too expensive, clearly overpriced, brings stuff we already have.

The "old" factor is because as posted - we are becoming dangerously too old now. We just fucked up the balance we had before the offseason. In 2 or 3 years we will be royally fucked to offload these huge salaries and not much of transfer fees coming in.

I trust Marotta and bla bla, but this doesnt look like a good decision at all, and it can have important repercussions.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
yeah but we sold vidal and probably on a discount because he wanted out, same with pogba. Its our policy to blame.

Hm.. ok i can see the other side. Which is matuidi wants out too..

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
you forgot Pjaca. He will be a big suprise and he is the star of tomorow
We signed so many of course I was going to forget one :beppe:

2015: sell 28yr old Arturo Vidal, the best box-to-box CM in the world, for 37+3.

2016: buys 29 yr old Blaise Matuidi for 30+4.
To be fair, it seems obvious now that he wanted out and asked to leave. Just look at his recent comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)