Blaise Matuidi - DM - PSG (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Come on dude, Higuain is upgrade, but that's severely dismissive of Morata, I say that as someone who had issue with his inconsistencies with scoring, calling him average is crazy. Zaza is, not Morata.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Morata: 34 games (league), 7 goals
Zaza: 19 games (league), 5 goals

Quagliarella, Vucinic and Matri had better numbers than that

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Come on dude, Higuain is upgrade, but that's severely dismissive of Morata, I say that as someone who had issue with his inconsistencies with scoring, calling him average is crazy. Zaza is, not Morata.

Yeah agreed there, but Higuain is still a huge upgrade over Morata. Would love if we had both here of course.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Next summer our squad will look something like this.

Buffon: 39
Neto: 28
Audero: 20

Barza: 36
Benatia: 30
Bonnucci: 30
Chilleni: 33
Licht: 33
Alves: 34
AS: 26
Rugani:23
Evra: 36

Marchisio: 31
Asa: 28
Pjanic: 27
Lemina: 23
Sturaro: 24
Matuidi: 30
Khedira: 30
Cuadrado: 29
Hernanes: 32

Higuain: 29
Manzu: 31
Dybala: 23
Pjaca: 22

Average squad: 29 years
Average starting 11: 30,75 years
Over 50 % of the squad over 30 years

Yes the age is clearly not a factor. Its even laughable to suggest such a thing. We will have the oldest squad and starting 11 among the top teams in europe, but our management knows something the others dont.There is no resale value of a 30 + year old, so when we need to replace Buffon, Barza, Alves, Licht, Chillieni, Evra Next summer or the year after that, who are we going to cash in on? But hey $#@! resale value and planning for the future.
:tup: I thought we kicked off the project lowering age last year when we brought in dybala, zaza, lemina, alex sandro, rugani etc and saw likes of pirlo,tevez, vidal, llorente leave. It all looked good but it does feel like we have put all our eggs in one basket and aiming to win the CL, which obviously requires experienced players. I understand that, but.. We really gotta pray that we can pull off a CL otherwise this risky game will cost us more.

We certainly cant replace the guys you mentioned in one season but if it did happen..oh boy. :howler:

Jun 6, 2015
Meret is the biggest prospect after Donnarumma, let's see how he will do it in the Serie B this year.
Buffon is irreplaceble but Donnarumma looks at the moment the best to follow him up, but he is practically unreachable.

Don't worry about age. I know we have an old squad, but is that a problem? I think it isn't. If 2/3 players retire you can easily take it up. In the midfield we have (options on) Mandragora, Sensi, Mazzitelli etc. In the defense we already have Rugani and Romagna is such a big prospect. Now worries there btw, only Barzagli will retire soon. In the forwards we are settled for atleast 5 years. Only Mandzukic needs to be replaced in 5 years.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be a big surprise for me if the throw Audero in the starting XI after Buffon retires.
Agreed but he hopefully is ready to be second choice by that time and eventually maybe even a starter.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Next year we better start looking for a great young goalkeeper unless we think Neto is the one to take Buffon's mantle. Buffon will only play 2 more years so better bring in someone next season and rotate more with Buffon in order to have a smooth transition.
Donnarumma per favore.

Jun 6, 2015
Disagree. Firmly believe our squad is better than Bayern's

imo

Barca > Madrid > Juve > Bayern

- - - Updated - - -

We still have the GK transfer fee record for Buffon, who says we won't do it again for the new Gigi :beppe: Plus it would pay off if you think he'll still only be 18-19 by then. Could get 15-20 years out of him.
It's the dream scenario but we'll see.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Morata: 34 games (league), 7 goals
Zaza: 19 games (league), 5 goals

Quagliarella, Vucinic and Matri had better numbers than that
Morata is better then most of those players put together still, except for Veni Vidi Vuci.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You need to use your eyes instead of being hung up on stats like you are watching Baseball.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
You need to use your eyes instead of being hung up on stats like you are watching Baseball.

Maybe you shouldn't use your heart so much to overrate some players so much. 7 goals in 34 games is poor. There's no other way to put it.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
We still have the GK transfer fee record for Buffon, who says we won't do it again for the new Gigi :beppe: Plus it would pay off if you think he'll still only be 18-19 by then. Could get 15-20 years out of him.
Buffon was simply a one off, to get WC Goalkeepers like that and dont forget at the time he was taking serie A by storm and most of all for their loyalty isnt easy as made out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)