Blaise Matuidi - DM - PSG (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Morata wasn't a starter. So that's irrelevant... Even if I love Morata.

We went from Mandzu to Higuain. Higuain is 2 years younger.

In the midfield we went from 23 year old Pogba to 26 year old Pjanic. Hardly problematic as far as age goes.

A big :lol: to this age factor nonsense.
Next summer our squad will look something like this.

Buffon: 39
Neto: 28
Audero: 20

Barza: 36
Benatia: 30
Bonnucci: 30
Chilleni: 33
Licht: 33
Alves: 34
AS: 26
Rugani:23
Evra: 36

Marchisio: 31
Asa: 28
Pjanic: 27
Lemina: 23
Sturaro: 24
Matuidi: 30
Khedira: 30
Cuadrado: 29
Hernanes: 32

Higuain: 29
Manzu: 31
Dybala: 23
Pjaca: 22

Average squad: 29 years
Average starting 11: 30,75 years
Over 50 % of the squad over 30 years

Yes the age is clearly not a factor. Its even laughable to suggest such a thing. We will have the oldest squad and starting 11 among the top teams in europe, but our management knows something the others dont.There is no resale value of a 30 + year old, so when we need to replace Buffon, Barza, Alves, Licht, Chillieni, Evra Next summer or the year after that, who are we going to cash in on? But hey fuck resale value and planning for the future.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
I'm not going to lie, not a big fan of Matuidi, but he wouldn't be the end of the world. Would prefer us to sign someone younger with bags of potential instead, but time's running out.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006

Yes the age is clearly not a factor. Its even laughable to suggest such a thing. We will have the oldest squad and starting 11 among the top teams in europe, but our management knows something the others dont.There is no resale value of a 30 + year old, so when we need to replace Buffon, Barza, Alves, Licht, Chillieni, Evra Next summer or the year after that, who are we going to cash in on? But hey fuck resale value and planning for the future.

:tup:

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Next year we better start looking for a great young goalkeeper unless we think Neto is the one to take Buffon's mantle. Buffon will only play 2 more years so better bring in someone next season and rotate more with Buffon in order to have a smooth transition.

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
Been wanting him since his Saint-Étienne days but why get him now when Asamoah is finally fit, Lemina improving and there's also Sturaro? Especially for this kind of money. Would have prefered someone more creative to back up Pjanic. I like having options, but Marchisio will be back in October and if Khedira stays fit we'll have way too many midfielders.

Jun 6, 2015

Yes our management has shown it's lack of planning for 5 years now. They have no clue how to build a squad and should take advice from all the experts on this forum and start signing all dem FM/FIFA wonder kids with high potential.

We are being ridiculous here what has made some people question the ability of our management or their long term planning when we have improved each and every year since they've been here. We have lots of connections to other clubs and will get younger players when they are ready to play for us. These Dybala's and Pogba's who can add to our team at a young age don't grow on trees.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Wow, this guy really polarizes opinion on this forum. I won't pretend that I really know how good he is as I haven't watched PSG much and I didn't pay much attention to him on the 1 or 2 games I watched France play at the Euros. But if management really want him, then I have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Youtube videos don't tell you anything about consistency. I know stats don't tell the whole picture, but for the hell of it what do they look like? Passing accuracy, interceptions, goal scoring opportunities, tackles etc

Jun 6, 2015
Next year we better start looking for a great young goalkeeper unless we think Neto is the one to take Buffon's mantle. Buffon will only play 2 more years so better bring in someone next season and rotate more with Buffon in order to have a smooth transition.
I think Neto if he stays here will be given a shot first and then we'll see if he's good enough. Other possibilities are Audero :xfinger:, Meret or Perin.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I think Neto if he stays here will be given a shot first and then we'll see if he's good enough. Other possibilities are Audero :xfinger:, Meret or Perin.
I don't know how good Audero is. But when you get a guy like Donarumma playing in Milan's first team at the age of 17! That tells you we won't have the best keeper after Buffon retires. Unless we pay Milan a lot of money for that keeper.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Yes our management has shown it's lack of planning for 5 years now. They have no clue how to build a squad and should take advice from all the experts on this forum and start signing all dem FM/FIFA wonder kids with high potential.

We are being ridiculous here what has made some people question the ability of our management or their long term planning when we have improved each and every year since they've been here. We have lots of connections to other clubs and will get younger players when they are ready to play for us. These Dybala's and Pogba's who can add to our team at a young age don't grow on trees.
I legit fell for the first line of this like YO WTF IS THIS BROTHER SERIOUS...lucky I realised the sarcasm :lol:

Jun 6, 2015
I don't know how good Audero is. But when you get a guy like Donarumma playing in Milan's first team at the age of 17! That tells you we won't have the best keeper after Buffon retires. Unless we pay Milan a lot of money for that keeper.
Don't see us getting Donnarumma but I'm sure we'll have a good starting keeper once Buffon retires. Audero is highly rated by the club and has been training with Buffon for some time now he is in the best position any young keeper can hope to be in.

Apr 9, 2015
Meret is the biggest prospect after Donnarumma, let's see how he will do it in the Serie B this year.
Buffon is irreplaceble but Donnarumma looks at the moment the best to follow him up, but he is practically unreachable.

Don't worry about age. I know we have an old squad, but is that a problem? I think it isn't. If 2/3 players retire you can easily take it up. In the midfield we have (options on) Mandragora, Sensi, Mazzitelli etc. In the defense we already have Rugani and Romagna is such a big prospect. Now worries there btw, only Barzagli will retire soon. In the forwards we are settled for atleast 5 years. Only Mandzukic needs to be replaced in 5 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't see us getting Donnarumma but I'm sure we'll have a good starting keeper once Buffon retires. Audero is highly rated by the club and has been training with Buffon for some time now he is in the best position any young keeper can hope to be in.
It would be a big surprise for me if the throw Audero in the starting XI after Buffon retires.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Well
Barcelona Real and Bayern are definitely considered as top 3
PSG Juve and City are the next 3 in line in terms of how we are considered probably with us and PSG over City so you are definitely right!
I personally think Barcelona is no`1 with Real 2nd, Juve 3rd along with Bayern, Atletico 4th, PSG 5th
We can easily overcome Real if we get a great CM though...
Without the sale of Pogba we would be a close 2nd to Barcelona and a joint favorite for the CL IMO
Disagree. Firmly believe our squad is better than Bayern's

imo

Barca > Madrid > Juve > Bayern

- - - Updated - - -

We still have the GK transfer fee record for Buffon, who says we won't do it again for the new Gigi :beppe: Plus it would pay off if you think he'll still only be 18-19 by then. Could get 15-20 years out of him.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Morata wasn't ever going to be good enough so age is irrelevant. Getting 10m profit on him was good in the end. He was amazing in the champions league knockouts but apart from that he was pretty average. Higuain is a massive upgrade.
Come on dude, Higuain is upgrade, but that's severely dismissive of Morata, I say that as someone who had issue with his inconsistencies with scoring, calling him average is crazy. Zaza is, not Morata.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)