Biggest waste of a talent in football (2 Viewers)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Great questions.

Quaresma always had the talent. Many would say that from a natural talent perspective, most thought he would excel in the big leagues over Cristiano Ronaldo -- also a Portuguese winger about the same age. It turns out the difference was all mental and motivation.

If Quaresma can stir up his natural abilities and be motivated, he probably even has a shot in the NT for the WC. I would take him over Nani at this stage, which is sad because I would take Nani over Ronaldo at the 2010 WC where he got injured right beforehand.

I've been monitoring his return to Porto since the winter transfer window and he's impressed. Not a ton, but enough to be worthy of an NT slot and to make a real impact on a lot of Porto matches.
Always thought he had the talent but maybe was lacking a bit on the mental side. good to see that he's still playing and doing good though :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
OP is right.

Adriano was the biggest waste. He had everything. Including the coolest nickname. 'L'imperatore' - damn..

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Adriano and Cassano are the first two players that spring to mind. Falcao is heading that direction playing for shit clubs and not plying in the CL

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Balotelli, Cassano and Adriano would have to take the cake. I also think Kaka & Shevchenko careers faded way too prematurely too after they left Milan.
Lol many players fade or peak quicker then others, doesn't make it a waste. Sheva and Kaka won Balon D or and we're the best hardly a waste lol.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Actually me.
I could've been WC at any position, but I chose to spare my family all the instability being a pro brings,so I give hope to orphan midgets like Messi to win things.
youre such a good person man :tup: im just sad the world of football lost so much with you, but you are completely right, family goes 1st

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Great questions.

Quaresma always had the talent. Many would say that from a natural talent perspective, most thought he would excel in the big leagues over Cristiano Ronaldo -- also a Portuguese winger about the same age. It turns out the difference was all mental and motivation.

If Quaresma can stir up his natural abilities and be motivated, he probably even has a shot in the NT for the WC. I would take him over Nani at this stage, which is sad because I would take Nani over Ronaldo at the 2010 WC where he got injured right beforehand.

I've been monitoring his return to Porto since the winter transfer window and he's impressed. Not a ton, but enough to be worthy of an NT slot and to make a real impact on a lot of Porto matches.
I know your post is two years old, but:

I disagree. In modern football athleticism is a big part of the equation. For a winger Quaresma is unbearably slow. I really doubt he could have gotten more out of his career.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)