Biggest waste of a talent in football (2 Viewers)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Pogba was a protagonist for France at the world cup too yet it's safe to say he's pretty much a 'wasted talent'.
I don’t know about that. Multiple league titles, domestic cups, the World Cup, Europa League and the Nations League. The only things missing are the CL and Euros, which he can still win. Would he have won stuff if he stayed at Juve or moved to Real? Undoubtedly, but his career is far from a waste.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I don’t know about that. Multiple league titles, domestic cups, the World Cup, Europa League and the Nations League. The only things missing are the CL and Euros, which he can still win.
Gotze has won 5 Bundesliga titles and a World cup. Also a Champions league finalist. Everyone can agree that he's a wasted talent due to various reasons.

Pogba's fall is obviously not on the same scale as Gotze but he could have accomplished way more if his head was in the right place.

He's spent 6 years of his prime at United just to win a shitty Europa league and underperforming for most his stint at the club. That's a wasted talent for me.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
then we gotta define what wasted talent is: is it whoever doesn't win anything or who doesn't win enough?
Doesn't necessarily have to do with winning trophies. Totti had a pretty long and consistent career while barely winning much.

Harry Kane is 28 and has barely won any trophies. Would you call them wasted talents?

We're talking about talented footballers who could've done so much more but poor attitude/work ethic, injuries, lack of desire cut their high level careers short.

I mean just look at Neymar. This guy is easily a Messi/Ronaldo level talent but he chose the paycheck and celebrity lifestyle of Paris instead of aspiring to become the best player of his generation.

Same thing with Pogba, Götze, Özil etc. A few years of success got to their head. All these players mentally retired at an early age.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)