Biggest waste of a talent in football (6 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Still early, but i fully expect Dembele and Coutinho to end up on this list eventually. For different reasons ofcourse. The monstrous transfer fees are the one common factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coutinho tricked people, was never that good.

But Dembele has legit superstar talent, early days in France and Germany were ridiculous. Completely fucking up his own career, to meme status, as a natural baller he got it. Also made of glass, but mainly doesn't have the aptitude mentally to have a proper career.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
The brazilians seem to have a short peak.

Kaka - never same after leaving Milan
Ronaldinho - never same since 2006 WC
Robinho - was supposed to be next Pele
Diego Ribas - was supposed to be next Kaka
Adriano - Could have been the best striker in the world
Pato - Injury issues

Coutinho tricked people, was never that good.
What about Pogba then? 6 years at Utd. No epl nor CL. He has wasted 6 years in some unstable team. He would have had a better shot at Psg for CL. And he called Juve his holidays. He really is becoming the Balotelli of midfielders. Utd are not close to winning anything significant for years and he is 29 this year.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
The brazilians seem to have a short peak.

Kaka - never same after leaving Milan
Ronaldinho - never same since 2006 WC
Robinho - was supposed to be next Pele
Diego Ribas - was supposed to be next Kaka
Adriano - Could have been the best striker in the world
Pato - Injury issues

What about Pogba then? 6 years at Utd. No epl nor CL. He has wasted 6 years in some unstable team. He would have had a better shot at Psg for CL. And he called Juve his holidays. He really is becoming the Balotelli of midfielders. Utd are not close to winning anything significant for years and he is 29 this year.
Pogba despite his inconsistencies has had a way way better career than Balotelli. It's not even a comparison.

People need to stop overhyping Balotelli like he was some GOAT tier talent. He just happened to be among the best talents of an awful generation of Italian players.

Unlike Balotelli, Pogba has proven that he's among the best in his position albeit for a short period.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Pogba despite his inconsistencies has had a way way better career than Balotelli. It's not even a comparison.

People need to stop overhyping Balotelli like he was some GOAT tier talent. He just happened to be among the best talents of an awful generation of Italian players.

Unlike Balotelli, Pogba has proven that he's among the best in his position albeit for a short period.
Oh yeah. Pogba has a WC. And multiple league titles + CL final and Europa League. His resume is almost complete despite spending most of his career at a garbage team.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ability wise, both Coutinho and James are top class players though. I think maintaining such high performance levels consistently at the top level requires a huge amount of dedication, sacrifice, mental resilience and luck with injuries. I think Coutinho put on those performances more than James, he had a few great seasons for Liverpool, those seasons didn't happen by luck. The fact he has faded away the past few years, just means that for whatever reason he wasn't able to maintain that level. But very few players do.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ability wise, both Coutinho and James WERE top class players though. I think maintaining such high performance levels consistently at the top level requires a huge amount of dedication, sacrifice, mental resilience and luck with injuries. I think Coutinho put on those performances more than James, he had a few great seasons for Liverpool, those seasons didn't happen by luck. The fact he has faded away the past few years, just means that for whatever reason he wasn't able to maintain that level. But very few players do.
FTFY

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
As opposed to Antonio Cassano who went to Real never to be seen again?
Euro 12?
Top 4 with Samp
Serie A title with Milan

He pretty much resurected his career with the Samp move after leaving Real (such an odd move anyway, wasnt galactico signing, 5m euros lol). Gets Samp to top 4. Gets move to Milan. Wins serie A as Zlatan striking partner, had a good partnership with Balo at euros with Italy 2012.

13-14 top scorer (12) for Parma who finish 6th.

It depends what perspective you take. For me he had alright career. I dont think he was as talented as some might suggest. And again did good things with smaller sides. Those things can also be admired.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)