Biggest waste of a talent in football (4 Viewers)

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
Yeah, football became way too fast, even compared to 10 years ago. And I hate this current trend. Still can't believe we have players like Walcott for instance who start for big clubs without bringing anything else to the table other than pace. The Premiership is the biggest culprit imo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The big one that stands out in my mind is Balotelli.The guy had everything to be the best striker of his generation but his career has been a joke. At best people look at him with pity. Someone they hope will succeed but mostly just feel sorry for.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Cassano is the first that comes to mind. What he could have been...

- - - Updated - - -

I think Pogba would do better a serious club like Juve or Real where he would be kept in check
Yeah agreed about Cassano.

There's another player, his career wasn't really wasted but could have been so much more. Our very own Del Piero without that injury would have dominated football for years.

Btw seems a long time since you last posted frequently, welcome back man!

Strickland

May 17, 2019
The big one that stands out in my mind is Balotelli.The guy had everything to be the best striker of his generation but his career has been a joke. At best people look at him with pity. Someone they hope will succeed but mostly just feel sorry for.
Really, best striker of his generation? He surely could've been for Italy the best striker, but overall I dont think the talent he had was on par with Aguero or Suarez

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Yeah agreed about Cassano.

There's another player, his career wasn't really wasted but could have been so much more. Our very own Del Piero without that injury would have dominated football for years.

Btw seems a long time since you last posted frequently, welcome back man!
I never got to see DP pre-injury, only clips, but I've heard so many times he was almost on par with R9. But look at the career he still had! We can only imagine what could have been.

Thanks man, always around, just trying to stay productive :D

- - - Updated - - -

I always thought that Balo's talent was overrated

Jun 6, 2015
Inter have had a few who for one reason or another have failed to reach the heights expected. As mentioned Adriano, Balotelli and I'd add Recoba as well. Cassano definitely should have done more with the talent he had and I think the same is true for both Robinho and Diego.

Then there are countless of hyped wonder kids that never reached the level the hype suggested like Ravel Morrison, Freddy Adu and Wilshere.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Wasted talents are those who got to the top but fell off badly without good reason. From what I read Balotelli had a rough upbringing and that day he cried after racist abuse sticks in my mind so I can understand why he didn't reach his potential. Adriano had drinking problems so maybe let him off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)