Biggest waste of a talent in football (6 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I see you are an expert on mental illness. Maybe you could give a pep talk to the Enke family.
Nah I'm not, I just don't see that as a serious illness it's just that in life sometime shit hits the fan.

- - - Updated - - -

So, according to Raz, Buffon is weak mentally.
Well quite the opposite, everybody has bad times in life, it's how you manage to overcome them shows your character. If on bad period you blame everything on depression and how sick you are, well boohoo and fuck you, no simphaty from me.

OP
Trequartista
Jul 1, 2010
  • Thread Starter #144
    Well quite the opposite, everybody has bad times in life, it's how you manage to overcome them shows your character. If on bad period you blame everything on depression and how sick you are, well boohoo and fuck you, no simphaty from me.
    You're such a tough guy.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Nah I'm not, I just don't see that as a serious illness it's just that in life sometime shit hits the fan.
    I used to think like this, but after a point in time I realised I hadn't got a clue what I was talking about, either. It's something that affects different people across different backgrounds and qualities of life. It's far too easy to put it down to 'pussy mentality'. Someone can have everything; happy family life, money, then go and jump off a bridge. But because it's a silent illness with no outward symptoms people think nothing is wrong. There doesn't have to be a defining moment for it to happen, it's not a symptom of how people deal with tragedy or misfortune.

I'd say any illness that makes people want to kill themselves is pretty serious. We shouldn't confuse people who can't be arsed and want a lazy life to those who struggle to get out of bed everyday, for something that often you cannot put your finger on.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    I'd say any illness that makes people want to kill themselves is pretty serious. We shouldn't confuse people who can't be arsed and want a lazy life to those who struggle to get out of bed everyday, for something that often you cannot put your finger on.
    Yeah, some people might take it more bad and others and there should definetly be no confusion about those who are too lazy or sad hide behind "depression" and people who really got hit hard and they should never be mentioned in the same sentence. But in the end to me it seems just like the new ADHD kids sindrom it's not a sickness it's how people are and how they deal with situations.

- - - Updated - - -

Ortega and Saviola come to mind, as does D'Alessandro too.
    Saviola got ruined... I was hoping a new Romario in him, had really big potential imo.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Is it the same in other parts of the world than anyone who went to school with someone who became a high level footballer claims that another person they were at school with was more talented?

The story here always is that so and so only made it because they were a dick who wasn't into drinking or drugs.

They were actually shit, but everyone else was too focused on getting smashed when they were 14 to bother becoming a professional footballer.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
    Jul 22, 2013
    I used to think like this, but after a point in time I realised I hadn't got a clue what I was talking about, either. It's something that affects different people across different backgrounds and qualities of life. It's far too easy to put it down to 'pussy mentality'. Someone can have everything; happy family life, money, then go and jump off a bridge. But because it's a silent illness with no outward symptoms people think nothing is wrong. There doesn't have to be a defining moment for it to happen, it's not a symptom of how people deal with tragedy or misfortune.

Agreed completely. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)