Beckham to Juve: such a bad idea (17 Viewers)

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Mike Da Don said:
nope he can ping a ball to anwhere on the pitch, his short passing is mouthwatering, and he closes opponents down like gattuso, decent tackler, strong on the ball but hes not fit at the moment because real madrid dont believe in fitness training so it would take him a while to get into shape
Neither is Vicky; - she was always getting Becks to skive training to go shopping with her. :p

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Beckham is not a bad player but I can`t see him in Juve as he is not a Juve material

We have Camo on the right the best RM in the world IMO and even if Beckham can play the attacking creative midfielder role I would prefer us to bring someone else who can play better!

Beckham is surely not underated! He is overated!

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Orgut said:
Beckham is surely not underated! He is overated!
Overrated by whom? Fans mock him, media doesn't cut him any slack, he's unfairly dropped from his NT and he's stuck on the Real bench. How is that overrated?

If he'd come, it probably wouldn't be as a first choice RM, but rather a squad player or an option for central midfield.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Turk_Bianconero said:
imo if a people see beckham as a good player,he must go doctor:disagree:

I hope beckham will go to inter

he's not that good on the pitch, but we would benefit a lot from his capture, as Mike Da Don said.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
JuvePower said:
Get him now. I would like to see him play for Juve, these days he is underrated. His crosses are just wow.
Yes his crosses are the best BUT and I say but because there are only few things he knows to do and those are: crossing which he is simply the best, his passes are quite good and his free kick skills are well known. he is quite a slow player, he doesn`t move on the pitch like he should, and he is kind of a playmaker and not such a good one.

ofcourse we can get him for free and it would benefit us on the shirt sales and advertising which would bring us some cash. but he isn`t that good and I think we should get someone who is better. Beckham won`t accept the bench and I don`t think he worth a starting spot in Juve

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Just a few things on Becks.

- He has always admired Juve since the mid 90s when juve vs man U was a constant CL rival match.
- He and Del Piero are very good friends and Del Piero has always encouraged him to join the club.
- His marketability will be tremendous for the club, especially once we regain Serie A status..the more stars we have the better off it is.

Now to football itself.

- Camo will most likely leave and Marchionni is also rumoured to Fiorentina with in a Bojinov swap deal. Keep in mind Marchionni isnt that young anymore either.
- Beckham would work well on the right, however we'll need strikers who good in the air, otherwise he'll be wasting his best assets.
- At Real he has found it hard, but so have many other stars who have joined.
- He has loads of experience at all levels and all competitions.
- His wages would be a concern, however i am thinking if he was to join he'll realise that they cant be too high. But then again, he would generate the funds for himself anyway.

buffon
grygera samuel ?? chie/balza
beckham zanetti paro
bojoniv trez del piero

that works fine with me.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Adrian said:
Camo will most likely leave
I don`t think Camo will leave
We have 3 doubts for next season
Buffon- I hope he stays but who knows what will happen

Camoranesi- wanted to leave at the beginning of the season but now he is happy to stay and I believe he wouldn`t leave especially as we will be back in Serie A and probably would be challenging for the scudetto

Trezeguet- I believe it is up to us to decide his future. if we decide to keep him then I don`t see him leaving and if we decide to sell him he will be sold

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Mike Da Don said:
big wages.... stupidly massive surge in juventus' marketability across the world generating 20million + extra each season, still think it would be a bad transfer??? then go to see the doctor
Me thinks most of the additional sale from shirts is going into Nike pocket. No good. And it remains to be seen whether Beckham is going to give up his image right to Juve. No dinero.

So beside from surge in our club profile, more publicity throughout the globe, and a modest player for free, what is there in it for Juve?

No image right, no deal, and certainly no 6-10m euros for a mediocre overhyped player. And no thanks to the baggage that comes. We got a core of good young players. We need to surround them with model pros, not one who is more interested in photo shot than playing the game IMHO.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
not really because Becks has improved on his defending skills and he is a hard worker. Zanetti and Paro are teh goods for me.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Orgut said:
I don`t think Camo will leave
We have 3 doubts for next season
Buffon- I hope he stays but who knows what will happen

Camoranesi- wanted to leave at the beginning of the season but now he is happy to stay and I believe he wouldn`t leave especially as we will be back in Serie A and probably would be challenging for the scudetto

Trezeguet- I believe it is up to us to decide his future. if we decide to keep him then I don`t see him leaving and if we decide to sell him he will be sold
i guess its down to bang for bucks.

buffon - a good scenario would be getting 30 plus million for him. Or heaven would be Chelsea offering Cech plus a lot of cash.

Camo - a possible deal in getting a player like Samuel.

Trez - Lyon paying 25 million plus.

i hope camo stays personally but we need to leverage the players who are nearing or over 30 years of age.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Adrian said:
i guess its down to bang for bucks.

buffon - a good scenario would be getting 30 plus million for him. Or heaven would be Chelsea offering Cech plus a lot of cash.

Camo - a possible deal in getting a player like Samuel.

Trez - Lyon paying 25 million plus.

i hope camo stays personally but we need to leverage the players who are nearing or over 30 years of age.
I think it is important to keep hold of guys if possible. I like the way they took in some our youngsters and tutoring them. I always felt that is vital to have few experienced heads within the side to just give that confidence and help to growing youngsters. It precipitate their growth exponetially IMHO. If we add in new guys into team, I feel they might be too concentrated in their own adjustment, they might not fulfill the role of being looked up by younger members.

The age isnt really a concern for me because the leadership provided by our senators are priceless. But most important thing is if their heart is in our cause. There is no point of keeping disconcerted players. And Camo, Buffon, Trez earned right to leave if they want to next year.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i agree that we need experienced players as we have many inexperienced players. But leveraging the likes of trez, buffon and camo doesnt mean we wont have the experienced players coming in either.

if these guys are expecting juve to spend big in the summer, they are dreaming cuz the club doesnt have that kind of cash. the club cant spend big unless these guys are sold for the big bucks.

if they stay, then they should expect minor additions to this squad.

Jul 28, 2002
Beckham as a media icon in large is overblown and overrated. In the eyes of the majority who dont know enough about football, Beckham is shit.

Now imho he can often be shit, causing no danger whatsoever to the oposition. However as Sadomin said, for what he is good at, he is fucking brilliant at. His ranged passing is second to none, set piece delivery is outstanding. He doesnt score many goals from setplays but he create a truck full.

He hasnt got the skill to be a winger, nor the pace. But imho if he played in a side where pace was in abundance and he could play in a "pirlo" esque role, imho he would be brilliant.

However Juve dont have any pace so it pointless.

Like English football, Beckham shares if not embodies the hatred towards Epl on many forums especially this forum.

Beckham, underated because he is overated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)