Beckham to Juve: such a bad idea (3 Viewers)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Michael_Cutajar said:
Juve join Beckham race
Saturday 9 December, 2006
Juventus are challenging Inter for the opportunity to pick up David Beckham on a free transfer at the end of this season.

This week has already seen reports that the Nerazzurri view him as the perfect replacement for Luis Figo when the Portuguese international is expected to move on next year.

However, this morning Turin-based newspaper ‘Tuttosport’ has splashed its front page with claims that Juventus could tempt the ex-England captain away.

Curiously, the article is less of a report on actual events than an advice column for the Bianconeri directors, urging them to enter the fray.

Beckham’s contract with Real Madrid expires in June 2007 and he is still flanked by dozens of sponsors, although other stories have linked him with a switch to the high-paying LA Galaxy.

His season has been fraught with difficulties, most notably with Coach Fabio Capello, who has made it clear the former Manchester United man is not a part of his plans.

‘Tuttosport’ also list the transfer objectives they believe the Bianconeri are already actively working on, such as German internationals Torsten Frings and Miroslav Klose – the striker also a target for Roma.

Palermo’s Andrea Barzagli and Milan hitman Alberto Gilardino are also named, while the Rome-based ‘Corriere dello Sport’ suggest that Inter benchwarmer Walter Samuel, West Ham’s Argentine midfielder Javier Mascherano and Bordeaux’s young talent Rio Antonio Mavuba are on the cards too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frings too?
I wouldnt mind Beckham,but he wont exactly be a long term replacement.The Frings bit does sound nice though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Great addition, I hope we get him.

If we are to sacrifice Marchionni to get Bojinov, then David is an excellent choice.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
Beckham is going to Inter. I am so sure about it.

They are based in Milano, CL football, Figo going - everything makes sense.

I predict Inter will sign up him and Malouda and probably switch Stankovic to the right leaving Beckham on the bench by mid-half of the season.

Beside, heaving been burned by Real, I highly doubt Beckham is going to give up his image right to any prospective team that he might play for next year. That means the commercial value attached to Beckham isnt as lucrative as it is right now, and I just don't the see point of paying 6 or 7m euros for a guy to get more media exposure and so forth, especially if the player is to be signed on a short term basis. I am not sure whether without cash generation, media exposure with Beckham signing, is worth all that much especially as Desmond said with all the baggage that comes with him. Give Marchionni the chance.I have liked the kid for years and he has a quality.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
salman said:
Beckham will be a free agent in June.We wont pay anything for him.
No we are not. But he is not going to play for us on peanuts. I reckon he will looking for a salary comparable to the one he is getting on top of signing bonus that will probably put whole deal somewhere in the region of 7-8 Euros minimum. That is a lot of money and even more so if we don't get Beckham to give up on his image right to finance the deal. I just don't think enhanced brand value, media exposure is worth all that money given Beckham doesnt deserve one quarter of that amount in terms of his play, and we are not going to get hard cash from this deal. And lastly, Beckham is a last guy who you would want to put next to with growing ambitious young playersl. He is a prime example of how players thinks himself better than he is, get side-tracked and looses his sporting identity.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Turk_Bianconero said:
what about gigantic wages?
big wages.... stupidly massive surge in juventus' marketability across the world generating 20million + extra each season, still think it would be a bad transfer??? then go to see the doctor

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
pavelnedved said:
How's that possible ? Isn't crossing his only skill available ?
nope he can ping a ball to anwhere on the pitch, his short passing is mouthwatering, and he closes opponents down like gattuso, decent tackler, strong on the ball but hes not fit at the moment because real madrid dont believe in fitness training so it would take him a while to get into shape

Jul 2, 2006
Mike Da Don said:
big wages.... stupidly massive surge in juventus' marketability across the world generating 20million + extra each season, still think it would be a bad transfer??? then go to see the doctor
imo if a people see beckham as a good player,he must go doctor:disagree:

I hope beckham will go to inter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)