Batman V Superman and the DC Cinematic Universe (2 Viewers)

OP
BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #361
    BvS was enjoyable for me. I actually liked Ben Affleck as batman.

Im sure this is farfetched but does anybody keep up with Injustice stories?
    Only read up till Vol 4. Great comics.

Suicide Squad was great. Critics are crazy. Will definitely be going to see it again.

- - - Updated - - -

Conspiracy theories :lol: maybe these DC movies just suck?
    The claim that Marvel paid off the critics is laughable but I do feel there is some bias in there reviews.

I mean nearly every second review on RT compares Suicide Squad to a Marvel film as if thats somehow the bench mark.

I remember reading reviews for BVS with comments like "its no Avengers" and for SS comments like "its no Guardians of the Galaxy".

DC are trying something different and our getting slated for it and if they change the tone they get slated for trying to copy Marvel.

Critics have definitely been conditioned by Marvel and you can see it in their reviews.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    The claim that Marvel paid off the critics is laughable but I do feel there is some bias in there reviews.

I mean nearly every second review on RT compares Suicide Squad to a Marvel film as if thats somehow the bench mark.

I remember reading reviews for BVS with comments like "its no Avengers" and for SS comments like "its no Guardians of the Galaxy".

DC are trying something different and our getting slated for it and if they change the tone they get slated for trying to copy Marvel.

Critics have definitely been conditioned by Marvel and you can see it in their reviews.
    But there are good DC movie reviews from the past no? Maybe it's just a shitty movie. In the case of batman vs superman it was just that, a shit movie.

OP
    BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #364
    The last DC movie to get a good review was the Nolan trilogy and Marvel Cinematic Universe was just getting started.

Nolan's films were ground breaking and critically acclaimed and rightfully so.

I just feel that the Marvel formula that has been proven popular is embedded in critics minds these days and some go into a DC film hoping to see it fail as you can almost detect their glee in their reviews as their tearing the movie apart.

SS is by no means a masterpiece but it is a fun movie and though I was kind of disappointed by the villain. I still had loads of fun and will watch it again unlike the likes of Iron Man 2/3, Thor or the Incredible Hulk all of which left no lasting impression on me.

BVS was a shit movie you are right about that. I lived and breathed that movie from the moment it was announced as I am a huge Batman/Superman fan and I came out absolutely disappointed with what I had just seen. It has a few redeeming qualities in it but it could of been great and for me is a missed opportunity. The Ultimate Edition is much better though but still has its fair share of problems.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    It was an enjoyable movie with decent characters and a lot of humor. On the downside, the villain was hilariously bad, the plot was bland, and the soundtrack was jarring,except for a couple of songs.
    Funny how exactly the same could be said about Guardians of the Galaxy but it is considered a great movie :p.

OP
    BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #377
    New Superman Standalone Movie Confirmed By Henry Cavill's Management

http://comicbook.com/2016/09/15/new-superman-standalone-movie-confirmed-by-henry-cavills-managem/

:weee::weee::weee::strong::strong::strong:

- - - Updated - - -

All this to be taken with a pinch of salt as it just someone to be claiming to be an insider at Warner Bros but its more that likely BS but just thought i'd post it anyway.

Rumour: Potential #ManofSteel2 Reveals

1. The movie’s working title may be #SupermanLastSon or #SupermanLastSonofKrypton.
    2. #ZackSnyder & #GeoffJohns have written the Man of Steel 2 story.
    3. #Brainiac is the villain.
    4. The story will involve #Krypton, #JorEl, #Supergirl (#KaraZorEl), and the #BottleCityofKandor
    5. #JJAbrams might have been approached to direct.
    6. One of the other bottled cities on Brainiac’s ship will be #Thanagar, the home planet of #Hawkman and #Hawkgirl.
    7. #Superman and Brainiac will fight twice. Once on Earth and once in space.
    8. Superman will meet Supergirl in space.
    9. The #JusticeLeague will be involved with the fight on Earth.
    10. #MartianManhunter will be introduced.
    11. #LoisLane will have a much smaller role. The focus will be on Superman and his past.
    12. Man of Steel 2 opens with a Krypton sequence featuring #GeneralZod vs Brainiac in a battle for Kandor.
    13. Supergirl is a soldier trapped by Brainiac.
    14. #GeneralSamLane will be introduced in Man of Steel 2

Attachments

OP
    BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #378
    Catch up on DC news:

The Flash' Movie Loses 'Dope' Director Rick Famuyiwa over "creative differences,"

"When I was approached by Warner Bros. and DC about the possibility of directing The Flash, I was excited about the opportunity to enter this amazing world of characters that I loved growing up, and still do to this day," Famuyiwa said Monday in a statement to THR.

He added: "I was also excited to work with Ezra Miller, who is a phenomenal young actor. I pitched a version of the film in line with my voice, humor and heart. While it’s disappointing that we couldn’t come together creatively on the project, I remain grateful for the opportunity. I will continue to look for opportunities to tell stories that speak to a fresh generational, topical and multicultural point of view. I wish Warner Bros., DC, Jon Berg, Geoff Johns and Ezra Miller all the best as they continue their journey into the speed force."

David Ayer Will Direct GOTHAM CITY SIRENS Starring Harley Quinn

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Suicide Squad director David Ayer will be returning to the DC Cinematic Universe despite all of the negative reception Suicide Squad received.

Ayer’s next film, Gotham City Sirens (based on the comic series of the same name) will “showcase the top female villains from the DC stable.”

And although it’s not yet known which other female villains will be appearing, Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn will be starring. However, it’s likely Cat Woman and Poison Ivy will also play leading roles.

Deadshot Spin-Off Starring 'Suicide Squad’s Will Smith In Development

The Hollywood Reporter has made the claim that Will Smith’s Deadshot, from David Ayer’s Suicide Squad, will be starring in his own spin-off movie. This has been long rumored since his character was one of the most well received among fans.

No other details about the film have been revealed, but keep your eyes peeled as more is eventually revealed about the project.

Patrick Wilson Cast As Ocean Master In James Wan’s AQUAMAN

Patrick Wilson has been set by Warner Bros and director James Wan to co-star in Aquaman. Jason Momoa plays the title character, and Wilson will play the fish whisperer’s supervillain half brother ORM, also known as Ocean Master, in the DC film that Warner Bros will release October 5, 2018.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)