Batman V Superman and the DC Cinematic Universe (5 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Just saw it on YouTube, awesome shit, when I saw the double katana silhouette, oh weee :tuttosport: legion of doom baby.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Was alright slight above average , pretty fun childhood fantasy come to life, clearly kinda messy tho due too visibly heavy handed editing that left out lots of back story it seems (seems that 7 scenes were deleted), better then B vs S but similar issue with choppy pacing. Liked all the performances tho except Affleck, he felt off, like he was phoning it in.

The villain was fantastic for first story and movie was light hearted, bit too cheesy at times lol. They made the flash way too damn awkward lol. Immature banter yeah, but don't make a total retarded spaz heh.

Btw how the hell do you go from earth shattering planet engulfing steppenwolf, New God Darkseid henchman, to street level assassin like Deathstroke next movie?

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Btw how the hell do you go from earth shattering planet engulfing steppenwolf, New God Darkseid henchman, to street level assassin like Deathstroke next movie?
Deathstroke is supposed to be the villain of The Batman so he fits perfectly. Actually it might be the first time we will see Batman fighting someone like him on screen. We've seen all types of psychos and metas but never someone who's basically an equally skilled martial artist/warrior. Well maybe Bane was like that in TDKR.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I know he will be part of a team and will face Batman, he is amongst my favourite villains in the animated movies.

But I mean scale wise, you go from a hellish demigod to teasing next movie with two powerless humans. They better put big time cosmic heavy hitters in injustice league for next movie. Superman shooed away a giant demigod like Steppenwolf like he was a bug. He needs black Adam, Zod or that type to face next movie.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Well the Rock is playing Black Adam soon. I'm sure whenever Superman appears on screen next time, we will have a superpowered villain. Darkseid is going to show up sooner or later.

OP
BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #412
    Was alright, pretty fun childhood fantasy come to life, clearly kinda messy tho due too visibly heavy handed editing that left out lots of back story it seems (seems that 7 scenes were deleted).

The villain was fantastic for first story and movie was light hearted, bit too cheesy at times lol. They made the flash way too damn awkward lol.

I enjoyed it but took me a while to accept the new tone as those villains in the Wonder Woman opening scene were very campy lol

I had loads of fun watching it though and had no problem with Steppenwolfs CGI which was the main complaint I had heard about going into the movie.

My biggest problem with the film is the thing I was looking forward to the most and that was Superman.

The CGI face was far too distracting for me and completely took me out of the movie every time he appeared on screen.

Also his resurrection was so lazy. I thought the scene of Flash and Cyborg digging up his grave was in very poor taste.

In my head I pictured him in a black suit rising up and us hearing the Jor-El speech from Man of Steel about him being a beacon of hope and us joining him the sun while his suit turns into brighter and he is reborn into the classic Superman

Instead we got the lazy birth chamber approach which we had already seen in BVS.

The other thing that annoyed me was that they really didn't address the Knightmare and Flash's "Lois is the key" scene from BVS
    I know Batman remembers and thats why he brings her to Superman but it could of been handled a bit better.

Other than that I really enjoyed the movie though I didn't really care for Elfmans score but that could get better with more viewings.

I think maybe Deatstoke will be the villain in the new Batman movie and by the time JL2 comes about we will have a lot more characters such as Sinestro and Black Adam introduced and they can join Lex's team and take on the League.

Thats IF they move forward with this universe as JL is the lowest grossing DC movie since Ryan Reynold's Green Lantern.

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
    So Justice League didn't even make 100m during the first week at the US box office. I wouldn't be surprised if the universe gets rebooted or something. Personally I enjoyed the movie enough, but a JL movie should have been far better than that in my opinion.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
    Aug 27, 2008
    So Justice League didn't even make 100m during the first week at the US box office. I wouldn't be surprised if the universe gets rebooted or something. Personally I enjoyed the movie enough, but a JL movie should have been far better than that in my opinion.
    There's already talk about going a different route. More individual movies than take the universe route.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    That's so stupid. How are they so inept at making big iconic cable like characters work in single universe?

Marvel knew their shit from the word go while these guys are still scrabbling .

Monty

Tuz Royalty
    May 2, 2017
    That's so stupid. How are they so inept at making big iconic cable like characters work in single universe?

Marvel knew their $#@! from the word go while these guys are still scrabbling .

That's what happens when you throw so many new players into the big match...should learn from allegri how to slowly integrate them

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    That's what happens when you throw so many new players into the big match...should learn from allegri how to slowly integrate them
    Or they can learn from Real Madrid Galatico era and make it work. Throw enough money at it eventually it will work :snoop:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)