Batman V Superman and the DC Cinematic Universe (4 Viewers)

OP
BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #382
    New Justice League still released.

Ben Affleck On Directing Batman: 'We're Good And Going'

“There’s great stuff in it now,” Affleck said. “It just needs to get better and better. It’s the same way I felt about (Live By Night) when I was prepping it, it’s just that no one was asking me questions because nobody gave a shit, because there wasn’t any click-throughs.”

It took me a year plus to get (Live By Night) ready to launch. Hopefully it won’t take me that long for Batman. We’re working, I think we’re ahead of the curve, and we’re excited,” he added.

'Aquaman’ & 'Justice League’ Writer Will Beall Talks Tone Of Both Films

Beall teased the tone and scope of Aquaman while praising director James Wan’s approach to the film.

It’s going to be fun, it’s going to be really fun. What we’ve come up with and James [Wan] especially — he has a really clear idea of the tone he’s going to have, and I think Aquaman is one that’s going to blow people’s minds, not just visually, but I think the story and the scope of it is really great.

Beall also discussed the technological advancements that have made production on the film possible.

What’s interesting is that you couldn’t have done it before. You know, you could do Batman in 1988, but now you have the technology, and it’s going to be cool.

Though Beall’s script for Justice League was scrapped, he still promised it will be a more lighthearted entry in the DCEU.

“I think Justice League again is, what you’re going to see — I hope I’m not going to get in trouble for saying this — but it’s much more fun, much poppier, than … I haven’t seen Wonder Woman yet, but Batman vs Superman was a little more somber. But Justice League is a lot more fun. And I think that feels to me like the direction those movies are heading now.

Attachments

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
    Did you guys know that Joss Whedon is producing and directing reshoots for Justice League? The guy took part in both Avengers and Justice League :lol:.

OP
    BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #386
    He's been there for months completing 'extensive' reshoots apparently at Zak Snyders request.

Snyders daughter tragically took her own life and he took a sabbatical and asked Whedon to take over.

I personally think that that's the end of Snyder in the DCU and that Whedon will have a much bigger say bombshell franchise.

There's even rumours that he may of completely changed the ending for Justice League.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    What I like about the guy is the fact that he made some Firely episodes and that he wrote Toystory. Not too excited about the news, though, as he hasn't directed many movies.

I don't think Justice League or Avengers will ever turn out to be a good movie. But it's a good thing that Snyder is out and hopefully he never gets to direct anything ever again.

Oh and Whedon is directing Batgirl :rolleyes:

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Batgirl is D level hero, Can name half dozen female DC characters that deserve it more. Tho mostly bit part characters mostly.

I'm a big fan of Whedon for his TV work, but his 3rd Avengers movie was a mess. Not sure what Justice league needs is him really. Sad to hear about Snyders daughter.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    I read some Batman comics recently.

Batman: Killing Joke
    Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth
    Batman: The Long Halloween
    Batman: Year One
    Batman: Dark Victory
    Batman: Birth of the Demon
    Batman: The Man Who Laughs
    Batman: A death in the family
    The Dark Knight Returns
    Batman: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader
    Batman: Black and White

OP
    BIG DADDY!!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #394
    Just out of it.

Really enjoyed it but hated all the Superman stuff and I was looking forward to that the most.

Good film though the change of tone took a while to get used to.

Apr 15, 2006
    I thought this Superman was perhaps the closest to comic book Supes compared to all the other movies. The pacing did seem off and felt rushed for sure. I wish WB allowed the film to be longer than 2 hours to properly flesh the characters and plot out. While most of the comedy was good, some parts were clearly Whedon's touches and I could tell that. I'm wishing for a Director's Cut for this, which says enough.

Those mid and post credit scenes though. :weee:

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    DC is going down, hard!
    Justice league is trashed at ratings, it will be another failure.
    Suicide squad only survived because of Margot.
    Hiring Ben Affleck for Batman is the worst idea ever! He is extremely one dimensional, he only has one sad beaten face and one sad-determined face and one arrogant smile and that's about it.
    In Batman vs Superman and justice league, it could work, as long as the characters are not developed, because time screen must be shared.
    But again, the Superman concept is too ridiculous to be paired with Batman, in a dark realistic set up.
    Superman can push the earth downwards hard enough to fly with supersonic speeds and then change flight course instantly, mid air, by pointing his fist... Batman actions become irrelevant. In the comics, were speed is less relevant and a punch takes forever to land, it may be acceptable, but in real time flow, instant focused eye laser beams, don't pair well with batarangs.
    DC has lost the plot, they had an appeal as a more realistic and mature approach, destined to late teens, in the comics, for the after marvel era of their lives. And Batman is just that, who is brilliantly matched with the modern era realistic approach of super hero films. But dropping Superman to the fix just... It justs ruins everything...

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
    Jun 2, 2007
    I was hoping that I was gonna love the movie, but it just didnt cut it for me, Especially after having such a huge expectations for this, I am still a fan of Batman, but I think it may be over for Ben Affleck, he just doesnt cut it, honestly Cavill did much better overall with less screen time. I dont know what to say and really expected it to be way better than it actually was.
    Sad for the DCU, I really hope they are able to move forward with better direction, the Joker and Lex Luthor combo as villains with them bringing in green lantern may be able to get DC back in front..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)